United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
However, I think we'd have to lose Tevez too - as well as (not sign) Berbatov - to accomadate him.
Definitely. Don't tell Serenity I said this, but as much as I like Carlitos, I'd £#%&! him off without hesitation if it meant signing Benzema.

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Whalefish

Ditto - and I feel very dirty and cheap for saying so.

Sorry Carlos (and Serenity).

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:51 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He joined Inter later that summer and has been quite brilliant for most of the time ever since.

He's in some form now, though. Seems to be providing a highlight reel moment in every game these days.
I am not an avid watcher of serie a as you are.

But every £#%&!ing time I have watched in any decent level match in serie a or champions league, he has been utter turgid. Even when berbatov is lazy/moody or whatever people say, he can pull off some incredible pass or a touch which will make you sit up and take notice. When ibra is not in mood, he is so £#%&!ing shit.

I lost any respect I had ( for his talent ) after he had 4 £#%&!ing useless shows against that hopeless defender, jamie £#%&!ing carragher.

I am again waiting for liverpool vs inter where he will be £#%&!ing useless and liverpool will again walk over inter.

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:52 AM
keano's love

why do people want benzema? The same people who are saying now that they don't want ronaldo since he wants to play for real madrid.

but benzema has already openly declared that he is a madrid fan and at the first chance will jump ship to play for them.

double standards imo

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Whalefish

Sharath, deep breaths.

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:54 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Sharath, deep breaths.

answer to my post please.

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
why do people want benzema? The same people who are saying now that they don't want ronaldo since he wants to play for real madrid.

but benzema has already openly declared that he is a madrid fan and at the first chance will jump ship to play for them.

double standards imo
Since the little bit of chat has taken place between myself, S/Side and borsuk where have we said we don't want Ronaldo? He's annoyed me with some of his actions on the pitch this season, I won't deny that.

Benzema's also come out in praise of AC Milan and Utd not that that matters a jot.

If we didn't sign a player because they may - one day - want to play for someone else we may as well not bother signing anyone.

Unread 15-12-2008, 09:57 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love

double standards imo
Benzema isn't a United player, so he isn't obliged to say anything in our favour.

Anyway, the people who are pissed off at Ronaldo aren't so simply because he wants to play for Real Madrid. I'd say there's a fair bit more to it than that.

Unread 15-12-2008, 10:04 AM
marlo

if we still need a striker after spending £31m on one in the summer then its plain to see we bought the wrong player.

Unread 15-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Whalefish

Not really, it depends if Tevez is staying. Which I don't think he is. So I'd hazard a guess we'll need another. Won't be a Benzema signing though. Someone who can score with a bit more regularity than Rooney, Berbatov, and Tevez would be a start.

Also, like Evra/Vidic/Carrick it's probably a good idea to see how he settles in over a few months. I'm reluctant to say we've bought the wrong sort of player just yet since similar accustations were levelled at the other three. They worked out alright in the end.

Edit: Campbell supposed to be coming back isn't he?

Unread 15-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
if we still need a striker after spending £31m on one in the summer then its plain to see we bought the wrong player.
we don't though

carry on

Unread 15-12-2008, 10:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
we bought the wrong player.
To be fair, Benzema was clearly not available last summer. It's just a question of whether or not he was worth waiting for. I don't think it's particularly a case of us needed another striker. We still have the players who former an excellent forward line last season which led us to the double.

It was only worth the risk of changing it if the player coming in was capable of taking us to an even higher level. Fergie probably felt that applied to both Benzema and Berbatov, so was happy to settle for Berbatov as he was the only one available. Hopefully he'll be proven to be correct, because there's no doubt there has been a significant change in the system, with especially notable differences in Ronaldo's role in the side.

Unread 15-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
We did but it doesn't mean you have to slate him at every opportunity.

Unread 15-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The useless £#%&!er was at it again this weekend. Dug Inter out the shit with two goals after Chievo had come from 2-0 down to pull it back to 2-2 at the San Siro.

Second one was a decent hit:
Both excellent, although the best goal of the match was undoubtedly the Stankovic one. A goal which, it should be noted, Ibrahimovic set up with a nice little back heel flick. Great piece of fluid, quick and positive passing.

Unread 15-12-2008, 12:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Both excellent, although the best goal of the match was undoubtedly the Stankovic one. A goal which, it should be noted, Ibrahimovic set up with a nice little back heel flick. Great piece of fluid, quick and positive passing.
2 goals and 1 assist?

this man knows his footballers.

Unread 15-12-2008, 03:25 PM
borsuk

Quote:
2 goals and 1 assist?

this man knows his footballers.

he does, rather better than you or i or anyone else ever likely to post on this board, tbh. and when he made the comment zlatan was not playing well and had not played well for the best part of a year. rather longer than berbatov now, in fact, though the obvious parallels don't seem to stop you having a go at him with monotonous regularity.

Unread 20-03-2009, 08:09 PM
marlo

another episode from zlatanmiester general.
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2219684/

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Fatboy Shrek

What a strike.

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:05 PM
armchair

he's uefa cup

Unread 20-03-2009, 10:07 PM
believe

another meaningless moment of magic from the great one. should concentrate on putting them in from 6 yards and fredddatissua.com would be worried £#%&!ing sick about the thought of facing liverpool in the final.
Closed Thread