United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:50 AM
HollowmanVIII

I'll never forget his flick goal against Italy in Euro 2004.

Unread 21-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Grimson

I have a theory that there is no "Zlatan Ibrahimovich." He exists only as a digital creation on YouTube.

Unread 21-03-2009, 11:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
another meaningless moment of magic from the great one. should concentrate on putting them in from 6 yards and fredddatissua.com would be worried £#%&!ing sick about the thought of facing liverpool in the final.
so he shouldnt score league goals

Unread 21-03-2009, 01:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I have a theory that there is no "Zlatan Ibrahimovich." He exists only as a digital creation on YouTube.
bit like marlo, then. no wonder he loves ibra so much.

Unread 23-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Serenity Now

Lovely goal today against Reggina:

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Class, although the way he's just eased straight back into top form and fantastic individual goals since United doesn't do his hopes of losing the 'big-game bottler' tag any good.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

tbh he doesn't really have a big game bottler tag

he just isn't particularly good at the highest level

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:23 PM
S/Side.Red

I'd say it's the same sort of thing, given that he's clearly one of the most gifted footballers in the game at the moment.

But okay, it doesn't do his his hopes of losing his reputation as not being very good at the highest level any good.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'd say it's the same sort of thing, given that he's clearly one of the most gifted footballers in the game at the moment.

But okay, it doesn't do his his hopes of losing his reputation as not being very good at the highest level any good.
it's his hopes (if he has any) of one day being good enough to do it at the highest level that he should worry about

maybe he spends too much time thinking about his reputation?

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:32 PM
borsuk

to be fair to ibrahimovich, inter have largely a one-man attack at the moment and have had for a few years. against the best defences (which the best teams, of course, tend to have), he's always going to struggle. he still looked dangerous against us in both matches, though.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:33 PM
S/Side.Red

He's undoubtedly good enough, as proved regularly in Serie A against quality sides and at international level with Sweden. Of course, he didn't play poorly against United, but he really could do with one of these moments in the Champions League knockout stage.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

he was 50/50 with O'Shea in San Siro ffs, and only played on him because our novice centre back had seen him off

he then missed the goal from 5yds at OT

he was shit last season against the vermin

he may be a one man attack, but Stankovic hit a beauty at OT and Adriano hit the post spectacularly

if people think he's a top player then fine and dandy. pretty pointless debate.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Tronics

lovely good that against Reggina.

i watched the match and Inter tore them to shreads.

Ibra was awesome.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
lovely good that against Reggina.

i watched the match and Inter tore them to shreads.

Ibra was awesome.
last time i watched our lad in the under 13s at crewe he was £#%&!ing awesome as well

Unread 23-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
he really could do with one of these moments in the Champions League knockout stage.
A tap-in from 2 yards would do.

Unread 23-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Whalefish

He shoots. He scores!
Closed Thread