United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:17 AM
hopkins

What's up with you lot?

Go and stick your money on Liverpool to with the league and make a nice wedge if you're that pessimistic

In Ferie we trust

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:18 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
I'm preparing for the best.

United to go on an unbeaten run, and win the league, then watch the dippers get knocked out of europe by Barcelona.

They'll win nishmans.
see the fixtures thread - we really should win the last 9 games, but even allowing for losing 2 - i really think vermin wll drop points against Arse, West Ham have done well against them at home previously, and Spurs last game of the season is tricky for them.

I can see less stumbling blocks, and less pressure for Chelsea.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
People are posting about how well we do in adversity. In previous seasons, maybe. But I see no evidence of it this year - Wayne Rooney apart (don't even get me started on his ridiculous red card). Why the £#%&! didn't he start?

Some of the players need a proper kick up the arse. That first half at Fulham was £#%&!ing disgrace. Being beaten by the better team is one thing, allowing ourselves to be overrun by an inferior side is quite another.
Agreed, the team has been very casual over the course of the season, and the response to the Liverpool debacle was absolutely dreadful.

But we have to get up, start again and get on with it, and there's two ways it will go ...

Either we cave in, start crying and feel sorry for ourselves - or we take it on the chin and come back with all guns blazing.

If the team can't fire themselves up from this then they simply don't deserve to win anything at all, and ultimately many may prove they haven't got the balls for the job - but they are certainly capable of major improvement and I'm sure SAF will get the required response ... albeit a game too late.

Incidentally, I notice Steven Geeeeeeeee is still claiming we are in the driving seat. To me this indicates that the scousers are far more comfortable chasing rather than leading - it's piss easy to chase a struggling team at the top, but it's altogether different when the roles are reversed.

He should be coming out and giving it all the positive stuff, really whipping his side up to push on - but there's still a reluctance there, he knows as soon as they hit the top all the pressure is taken from us and transferred to them.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:50 PM
My Name is Keith

Granted it's easier to chase than lead but the fact is that we have lost whatever momentum we had at the worst possible time. Getting dicked by the scousres was a terrible terrible result but capitulating against Fulham was in a way far worse.

I can usually see these things fairly objectively but I'm really £#%&!ing struggling with this to be honest.

£#%&!ing hate football.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

I see the last 9 games as win 5 draw 4 (City, Arsenal, M'boro' & Spurs/Villa)

let's assume the vermin win 6 draw 2

United still win the league unless Chelsea win all 8 of their remaining matches

now who wants a hug

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda

He should be coming out and giving it all the positive stuff, really whipping his side up to push on - but there's still a reluctance there, he knows as soon as they hit the top all the pressure is taken from us and transferred to them.
Erm do you really think if they go top at any point between now and the end (same games played) that we'd win the title?

Id see no chance. once you're sliding, youre sliding.

Unread 23-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Erm do you really think if they go top at any point between now and the end (same games played) that we'd win the title?

Id see no chance. once you're sliding, youre sliding.
Not too sure to be honest - the scousers were well on top earlier in the season and didn't seem to handle it very well at all. In the same scenario with less than 10 games left the pressure on them to finally deliver would be intense ... similar to us in 92.

As you say though, we're struggling ourselves and causing our own downfall at the moment, - neither team seems comfortable taking it from the front.

There's still roughly a quarter of the season to go though, and our one big advantage is that we've been in this situation many times, and more importantly have come out on top more often than not.

I'd still much rather be in our position, but we do need to spark back into life pretty quickly - the lack of response after the Liverpool fiasco was very worrying and if we don't see one against Villa either then we obviously have a major problem. Poor form is one thing, but throwing in the towel is totally unacceptable.
Closed Thread