United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Scholes was superb Pompey away.
He was ok, but that was in a 3 with Anderson and Fletcher being his legs, giving him time and space to use his outstanding passing. If we are playing a midfield 2, Scholes as he is now(not Scholes as some think he still is) should be used at home in matches against lesser sides. Every match bar Fulham at home that he has played in a 2 Utd have been much easier to play against, the back 4 have got less cover and the distance between the midfield and the attack has been greater. His lack of mobility causes a lot of problems.

On this seasons form he would be behind Carrick, Fletcher and Giggs in the order for a midfield place, if we play a 2. There can still be a place for him in a 3 against certain opposition but he needs to be used intelligently. Today was a very strange choice.

Really no idea how he thinks that a pairing of Giggs and Scholes are going to control a high tempo away match. Neither can commit to going forward with each other as a partner, they struggle to win the 50/50 balls, win little in the air. Superb footballers but midfield needs a balance. maybe 10 years they could hae made it work but at 34/35 it is a major risk.

As I said earlier if you have to play them put Rooney and Tevez ahead of them, their work rate offers protection. Berbatov and Ronaldo was an arrogant selection, assuming we would totally dominate the ball.

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Tronics

Our best midfield pairing in a 3 is Scholes, Carrick and Anderson.

In a 2 its Ando and Carrick.

If one isn't performing then it should be a like for like change.

Baffles me as to why SAF keeps changing it around.

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Our best midfield pairing in a 3 is Scholes, Carrick and Anderson.

In a 2 its Ando and Carrick.

If one isn't performing then it should be a like for like change.

Baffles me as to why SAF keeps changing it around.
£#%&! off.

Fletcher is in our first choice 2 man midfield.

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Tronics

if your happy to have Fletcher playing alongside Carrick in terms of creativity and general forward play then you're buzzing tbh.

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
if your happy to have Fletcher playing alongside Carrick in terms of creativity and general forward play then you're buzzing tbh.
Has Anderson had a good game in the last 12 months?

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:44 PM
MUFC One Love

Anderson is not in any 'first choice' midfield I'm afraid, 2 man or 3. Anyone who says that is just saying it 'cos they see him as a 'cool guy'. He has done £#%&! all recently to justify such a statement. But Scholes isn't as good as people may make out anymore. Fletcher is a strong contender to be first choice in any midfield we pick tbh.

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:45 PM
marlo

Quote:
Has Anderson had a good game in the last 12 months?
our last game against fulham

Unread 21-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
our last game against fulham
So he's in our first choice midfield 2?

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Next game

-------Fletch Giggs Carrick

Ronaldo-----------------Park

------------Tevez

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONESMARTBADGER
Probably. Fletch is a workhorse, or rather a water carrier as Eric once referred to Deschamps (although not in the same class).

Fletch is looking better because he seems to have adapted to the pace of the rest of the team and he has stopped shirking tackles. He can also pass longer than 5 yards to a team mate , which for a long time was a failing of his. He used to give the ball away like it was a grenade.
Just my 2p worth but I think both Fletcher and Park have looked good in a successful side. When we're struggling they are not the type to impose authority and grab the game by the scruff of the neck like Keane used to and like Carrick and Hargreaves could if they formed a partnership.

I hope they can play 25 games together next season, there is so much potential in that pairing to carry us through the next 5 years.

Unread 22-03-2009, 11:57 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Next game

------------Tevez
yes

Unread 22-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Next game

------------Tevez

Unread 22-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Van Der Sar

Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Fabio

Park
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Berbatov
Ronaldo

Unread 22-03-2009, 01:23 PM
rebelcountyred

we need to beat villa and with rooney out and berbatov doubtful i think nani would have to be in the side

Unread 22-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Withers

Quote:
Next game

------------Tevez
I would go with

Park Giggs Carrick(Or Fletcher) Nani

Ronaldo Tevez

Unread 22-03-2009, 01:47 PM
gigo

VDS
Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Evra

Fletch
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Tevez
Ronaldo

ATTACK !!

Unread 22-03-2009, 02:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Giggs has to start against Villa.
We need somebody with a bit of composure in the side. It's a MUST WIN game.

I'd go with:

VDS

Nev
Rio
Evans
Evra

Park
Giggs
Carrick
Fletcher

Ronaldo
Tevez

Unread 22-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Giggs has to start against Villa.
okay Giggs for Anderson then

Nani will come back from Portugal duty on fire, Anderson will probably just be knackered. If Berbatov isn't fit then Fletcher in and the flying triumvirate taking it in turns to turn O'Neill's packed midfield round until they're all £#%&!ed.

6-3 United, hat-trick each for the twins.
Closed Thread