United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Jez Quigley

Default Butt

Who else wishes he were still with us

I love the idea of a team filled with Browns, Butts, Nevilles, Fletchers, Evanses etc. etc.

I miss Nicky - scorer of the finest header JQ has ever seen, against Newcastle in the Charity Shield.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:21 PM
The Watcher

We certainly lack a physical presence in the side, that's for sure. Sometimes, putting in a hard tackle or chasing back and winning a ball can galvanise your team mates. Wesley and Hargreaves gave that to us last season. Without them, it really is a team of @#%&! at times.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Pele Rated him the best in the world at one point!

Although that dithering old @#%&! cant even get a 'woody' now.....Times move on.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Mr_Ed

Erm.... Ummm...

His 96 header was great. Still remember his winner against Leeds back in 99 too - quality strike.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Pele Rated him the best in the world at one point!

Although that dithering old @#%&! cant even get a 'woody' now.....Times move on.
He also tipped Colombia for the 94 world cup.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He also tipped Colombia for the 94 world cup.
He's been a bit........ for a while.

(Pele, not quiggers)

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Tronics

nah nah.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:28 PM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
nah nah.
What a suprise?

I'm going to start calling you thiago.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:31 PM
wonky no

we've not really missed him.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:32 PM
dodger

Well we're missing a strong personality...or so I read in the paper today. Funny how these wise-after-the-event berks didnlt pinpoint this weakness a few weeks ago. What %@#$&!s.

Anyway, how's Nicky's passing these days?

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Jez Quigley

Default I'm not saying

we have missed him as a player, more that I always wished that Pip, Nicky Becks had all stayed at OT.

It would have given me a warm, gooey feeling!

By the by, in the absence of Cougar and Agent Orange, we have lacked a destroyer and there should always be room in a squad for someone who can break up the opponent's stride.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:47 PM
borsuk

wes
rooney
vidic
evra
tevez
hargreaves

give us plenty of muscle and attitude.

that's not the problem, though i agree, good as he is, when fletcher is your main source of aggression in centre m/f you're struggling.

the main problem for me has been a lack of pace far too often. too much sideways play, too many players lined up flat along the edge of the box.

attacking m/fder in the summer, please fergie. someone who can carry the ball forward, take players on through the middle and score a dozen goals in the season. please.

there's one at werder...

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
wes
rooney
vidic
evra
tevez
hargreaves

that's not the problem, though i agree, good as he is, when fletcher is your main source of aggression in centre m/f you're struggling.

the main problem for me has been a lack of pace far too often. too much sideways play, too many players lined up flat along the edge of the box.

attacking m/fder in the summer, please fergie. someone who can carry the ball forward, take players on through the middle and score a dozen goals in the season. please.

there's one at werder...
I've always said Torsten Frings was a United player through and through

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

through and through and out the back door ta

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Funny how these wise-after-the-event berks didnlt pinpoint this weakness a few weeks ago. What %@#$&!s.
I'll think you'll find I found the dark cloud to the silver lining quite a while ago..

...however, whenever you point out your nagging concerns you get the usual "£#%&! me, some people are never happy", or "We haven't conceded since Novemeber" crap..

I've thought for a while this side has been lacking in back bone, I'm not keen on Carrick, I like the look of Anderson, but as I said when we signed him, could we not have spent the £30m that it took to bring both him and Nani to us on the finished article..

I'd love Essien at the club but that's totally unrealistic, however I still feel Gatusso would've given us some serious muscle in the middle of the park.. could've had him for a song a couple of years ago aswell.. However our fans at times are so £#%&!ing blinkered.. unless the players is "one for the future" or someone who'll give 10 years of service, they just don't get it. Berbatov was a case in point.. He's 26 !! ...so £#%&!ing what, we could still get 10 years out of him however, even if only gives us 5 what's the problem ?

It's the usual charade of putting off addressing the problems that we can all see NOW under the misguided notion that we'll be ok in the future

Quote:
wes
rooney
vidic
evra
tevez
hargreaves

there's one at werder...
Agree with much of that Borsuk, however, who's our ball winner ?

Need Hargreaves back. Big game player who I happen to rate highly.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:15 PM
believe

Quote:
wes - Injured
rooney - Banned
vidic - Banned
evra - God knows
tevez - See above
hargreaves - Injured

should piss this by easter

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:28 PM
dodger

[quote=Fountz;1442379]I'll think you'll find I found the dark cloud to the silver lining quite a while ago..

I don't mean you. It's these goons in the newspapers that £#%&! me off. I shouldn't let it bother me I know.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Fountz

[quote=dodger;1442396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I'll think you'll find I found the dark cloud to the silver lining quite a while ago..

I don't mean you. It's these goons in the newspapers that £#%&! me off. I shouldn't let it bother me I know.
The same ones who said we were unbeatable ? ..who could stop us winning everything ?

I know, infuriating.

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:42 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Sorry in advance:.....................

Frings aint what he used to be

Unread 23-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Sorry in advance:.....................

Frings aint what he used to be

Terrible, but just like his legal expert parents, who were flown in recently to lead the prosecution of the UK population on charges of National Disgraceness...

These Frings are sent to try us....
Closed Thread