United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Fountz

Smile Link to United, Scouse & Chelsea remaining fixtures ( with dates ) please !!

If one of you'd be so kind. Or indeed as a nice neat C&P job would be even better.

Obliged
F

Unread 23-03-2009, 10:53 AM
wiganste

United

Villa H
Sunderland A
Portsmouth H
Tottenham H
Middlesbrough A
Man City H
Wigan A
Arsenal H
Hull A

Vermin

Fulham A
Blackburn H
Arsenal H
Hull A
Newcastle H
West Ham A
West Brom A
Spurs H

Chelsea

Newcastle A
Bolton H
Everton H
West Ham A
Fulham H
Arsenal A
Blackburn H
Sunderland A

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:13 AM
thatsfuctit

just tried to do them objectively then taken some additional points off us and added some more onto vermin

Got spurts fan to do it too - he agreed.

I reckon

Us - 86
Chelsea - 83
Vermin - 82
Arse 72

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Fountz

Appreciated Ste.. you don't happen to know the dates do you... err by any chance ?

Feel free to tell me to £#%&!-off !

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
just tried to do them objectively then taken some additional points off us and added some more onto vermin

Got spurts fan to do it too - he agreed.

I reckon

Us - 86
Chelsea - 83
Vermin - 82
Arse 72
Not so sure, I look at ours and I see banana skins all over the place, non-entity sides playing out of their skins.. however the remaining scouse fixtures look piss-easy.. No one, repeat no one can stand in the way of the mighty Stevie G !!

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Zorg

Vermin away at Fulham missing.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:21 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Not so sure, I look at ours and I see banana skins all over the place, non-entity sides playing out of their skins.. however the remaining scouse fixtures look piss-easy.. No one, repeat no one can stand in the way of the mighty Stevie G !!
you can't legislate for somethings - but i really can't beleive that this week won't be a 'get your heads right' week.

siege mentality - reaffirming what we have done, and what we can do.

Not having a go at legends - or blaming them, but I always always shit myself when both Giggs and Scholes start (i know that not an issue next up) - we have enough battle and class to choose from

£#%&! em.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:22 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Vermin away at Fulham missing.

that's thrown my calculations - 3 Murphy ogs then.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Neon Tiger

Default All doomed up

United

Villa H - draw
Sunderland A - win
Portsmouth H - win
Tottenham H - draw
Middlesbrough A - draw
Man City H - win
Wigan A - draw
Arsenal H - loss
Hull A - win

= 16 pts + 65 = 81 pts

Vermin

Fulham A - win
Blackburn H - win
Arsenal H - win
Hull A - win
Newcastle H - win
West Ham A - draw
West Brom A - win
Spurs H - win

22+64= 86 pts

Chelsea

Newcastle A - win
Bolton H - win
Arsenal A - loss
Everton H - win
West Ham A - draw
Fulham H - win
Blackburn H - win
Sunderland A - win

19+64= 83 pts

1. Liverpool - 86 pts
2. Chelsea - 83 pts
3. United - 81 pts

DOOM

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:48 AM
S/Side.Red

The Villa game on Sunday at 4pm is followed by Porto on the Tuesday, no? Team selection could be interesting (terrifying) for that one.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:50 AM
sullers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
United

Tottenham H - draw
Arsenal H - loss
Good one

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The Villa game on Sunday at 4pm is followed by Porto on the Tuesday, no? Team selection could be interesting (terrifying) for that one.
Rooney, Vidic and Scholes are banned against Villa so surely will start against Porto.

I can see this being the midfield against Villa as we'll rest Fletch and Park for Porto;

Nani - Anderson Carrick - Ronaldo

Tevez will also start and hopefully Dimmers makes it, he's not going to Bulgaria for internationals.

The only real worry in terms of games played and fitness could be Ronaldo, with Rio at least you know you've got fully rested Vidic eager to return.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Oh God.. I hate Sunday 4pm Kick Offs.. Presumably the Scouse will have already played and will have reclaimed top spot with a blaze of glory and collective media pant wetting..

Just to add a smidge more pressure.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Good one
yeah its getting desperate now, i'm gonna go back to whinging and being a doomlord, maybe we'll get back to our best then.

Expect the worst.

But if im being totally honest, this period just screams false dawn looking at United's next 5 games and what we could do there when we've got our backs against the walls.

Gonna be a doomlord about the rest of the season now anyway so £#%&! it.

Unread 23-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
Nani - Anderson Carrick - Ronaldo
Sincerely hope not.. that's more lightwight than balsawood house on stilts..

Come the summer, we need to acquire some serious backbone.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Villa is saturday afternoon now we've got the Tuesday cl game methinks

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Villa is saturday afternoon now we've got the Tuesday cl game methinks
Not as of yet, and with Sky due to show it as their Super Sunday match it could be tough to change. That said, there are midweek internationals ahead of the game, so it may be better to have the extra day, especially if Tevez is our only available striker at the time.

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:16 PM
thatsfuctit

tevez isn't off on argie duty is he?

Unread 23-03-2009, 12:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
tevez isn't off on argie duty is he?
Argentina are in Bolivia on Wednesday 1st. I presume he is in the squad.

Unread 23-03-2009, 01:16 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Good one
Why not? Arsenal are hitting form while we're falling apart. Spurs beat a rejuvenated Chelsea team. I'm sure we'll manage to drop points against at least one of them.

We played better in the 2nd half at Fulham and were unlucky not to equalise. But that’s clutching at straws. We've shipped six goals in two games and looked £#%&! since returning from Milan. Our inability to make the most of the chances we create has been a problem all season. Now the defence has totally come apart, I hold very little hope of any success this season.

If Liverpool can score 4 at OT with route one football, what the £#%&! do you think a proper side like Barcelona or Arsenal will do to us?
Closed Thread