United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Mr_Ed

Default I'm preparing for the worst...

I've already started forward planning for how I'm going to spend the summer should the worst happen - in denial.

If I'm being honest I dont' think we've played well at all this year... Our notable exceptions being Fulham in the cup (how I wish we'd gone out of that and won 4-0 on Sat).

The only notable game has been Chelsea. We've also put 5 past the mighty West Brom and Stoke in the league.

We always said we'd kick on and pick up form in the second part of the season - this hasn't happend. I think the number of games and general average form is going to come back to haunt us if we're not careful.

You won't see us put 5 past Villa this weekend that's for sure like the new Wimbledon did - how many times are they going to score from a big lump upfield by the keeper?

This isn't a doom post it's more of an observation. Had we been playing well and lost those 2 games I'd be ok but, let's be honest, we're not.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Gruber

once we get back on a winning run (and we will) those scouse @#%&!s will shit themselves.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The only notable game has been Chelsea. We've also put 5 past the mighty West Brom and Stoke in the league.
I presume you'd have been happier if we'd have scraped the West Brom and Stoke games 1-0.

Soppy posting.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:29 AM
denis lawless

ffs Ed

...go back to bed and try again

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
You won't see us put 5 past Villa this weekend that's for sure.
Agreed. It's the week after.

Listening to the radio last night and this morning you would honestly think it was the vermin who were top, or even champions already. They're absolutely full of themselves yet it's United in the driving seat. They can't cope with that sort of expectation, United can.

magic_cantona

It's no wonder I'm a doomlord.

Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I presume you'd have been happier if we'd have scraped the West Brom and Stoke games 1-0.

Soppy posting.
Of course I wouldn't. Plank.

However we've not played well since the turn of the year and still have Villa, Arsenal, Citeh at home to come - all winnable yes but since we've got a right dodgy case of the jitters I'm not overly confident.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:31 AM
denis lawless

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Gruber

Quote:

Listening to the radio last night and this morning you would honestly think it was the vermin who were top, or even champions already. They're absolutely full of themselves yet it's United in the driving seat.
They are in denial.

Quote:
They can't cope with that sort of expectation, United can.
I was thinking the same thing today. Why the £#%&! would United bottle it? This team only knows winning.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Of course I wouldn't. Plank.

However we've not played well since the turn of the year and still have Villa, Arsenal, Citeh at home to come - all winnable yes but since we've got a right dodgy case of the jitters I'm not overly confident.
So what's the problem with sticking 5 up shit teams then you tit? You're unlikely to do it to too many good ones.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:35 AM
borsuk

Quote:
I've already started forward planning for how I'm going to spend the summer should the worst happen - in denial.

If I'm being honest I dont' think we've played well at all this year... Our notable exceptions being Fulham in the cup (how I wish we'd gone out of that and won 4-0 on Sat).

We always said we'd kick on and pick up form in the second part of the season - this hasn't happend. I think the number of games and general average form is going to come back to haunt us if we're not careful.

You won't see us put 5 past Villa this weekend that's for sure like the new Wimbledon did - how many times are they going to score from a big lump upfield by the keeper?

This isn't a doom post it's more of an observation. Had we been playing well and lost those 2 games I'd be ok but, let's be honest, we're not.
i think you're pretty much spot on with all that. all season it's been a case of 'just you wait, we're taking it steady, ready to really put our foot down' - only we haven't, have we. and it's starting to look like we won't, or can't.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:37 AM
elephantstone

it will be interesting when the vermin play their league games before and after their champions league games against Chelsea.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:38 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i think you're pretty much spot on with all that. all season it's been a case of 'just you wait, we're taking it steady, ready to really put our foot down' - only we haven't, have we. and it's starting to look like we won't, or can't.
I thought it was 'Lets wait til we get back from Japan and hope we're only 6 points or so behind.Then we can chase, we're good at that'

As it happens, it's us being chased and things could be a whole lot worse.

Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
So what's the problem with sticking 5 up shit teams then you tit? You're unlikely to do it to too many good ones.
The point is that we've given a few teams promoted from last season a bit of a hiding but, then again, who doesn't? We're just not playing as well as we were last season and the expectation was that, after Christmas, we'd get into some great form and that'd be it... Now we've had some good form but we've not been playing well and all of a sudden we've had a dodgy patch where I don't believe we're playing well enough to see it out.

I'd love to be proven wrong I really would but Fergie's going to have to fix this and quick.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
They are in denial.

I was thinking the same thing today. Why the £#%&! would United bottle it? This team only knows winning.
Fergie will be ratcheting the Siege Mentality dial up to 11. I bet he's told the players to listen to the radio, read all the papers - look at how giddy the whole country suddenly is, absolutely desperate for liverpool to win it.

Tbh I'm really starting to see the folly of this Tokyo thing. Bragging about being world champions when it's in reality just some tin-pot piece of shit tournament that may have had a long-term effect on the squad. They're £#%&!ed.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:39 AM
thatsfuctit

plastic geordie and plastic scouser have started already at work, they are both getting the league table as their pc wallpapers when they leave their desks - i can understand (but not tolerate) the plastic vermin being giddy, but geordie? bottom 3 mate! £#%&! off

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I thought it was 'Lets wait til we get back from Japan and hope we're only 6 points or so behind.Then we can chase, we're good at that'

As it happens, it's us being chased and things could be a whole lot worse.
Hello? We were well behind when we got back from Japan.

Then we caught up and overtook.

We've had a mad seven days - and you're right, things could be a whole lot worse. But they're not.

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:48 AM
ReligiousRed

Shit thread ..... prepare for the worse with ten games left a game in hand and a point ahead !?!?!

If only we had more fans like you !

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Shit thread ..... prepare for the worse with ten games left a game in hand and a point ahead !?!?!

If only we had more fans like you !
What for posting my honest opinion on an internet message board?! I do look at things through my rose tinted glasses occasionally but I also fear that we might be in a bit of trouble?! £#%&! me - I'm the worst kind of supporter ever

Unread 23-03-2009, 09:57 AM
wiganste

We've been shit to watch all season tbh but we're still top with a game in hand and Liverpool haven't found themselves in a title race for the best part of 20 years. I know where my money would be going.

I was moaning about the International break last week. Like the fickle @#%&! that I am, it couldn't have come at a better time. We need this distraction as the dippers have the momentum atm. We'll be ok though - we'll win the league without playing well. That says a lot about the quality of the teams in the Prem imo.
Closed Thread