United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Serenity Now

Cool Ibracadabra

Unread 09-12-2008, 01:28 AM
marlo

i pray to god he one days plays for united. i pray to god everyday.
the man is the real deal.

other special goals from this season.

Unread 09-12-2008, 10:48 AM
dunk

Mr. Flicks

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:05 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mr. Flicks
if anything he is 'mr goals and flicks'

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
i pray to god he one days plays for united. i pray to god everyday. the man is the real deal.
Have to confess, I really don't understand how you can rate Ibrahimovic so highly and yet have such a distaste for Berbatov.

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Have to confess, I really don't understand how you can rate Ibrahimovic so highly and yet have such a distaste for Berbatov.
different players imo.
berbatov is a decent player but he just doesnt have that swagger or ability that 'big zlat' has in abundance.(a good example would be quaresma and ronaldo)

berbs extortionate price and subsequent treatment of apache fuels my dislike for him.

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Serenity Now

By the same token, I'm not also sure how so many on here can rate Berbatov so highly and think that Zlatan is crap.

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
different players imo.
berbatov is a decent player but he just doesnt have that swagger or ability that 'big zlat' has in abundance.(a good example would be quaresma and ronaldo)

berbs extortionate price and subsequent treatment of apache fuels my dislike for him.
I dunno. They are different players, of course, but the similarities are also quite striking - they're both tall, quite thin but also physically strong, two footed, extremely technical strikers with exceptional touches, both like to play between the lines, neither the quickest around, and both given to strolling about for much of a match but also capable of changing a game with a piece of brilliance. And a lot of the criticism you can level at Ibrahimovic - moody, lazy, ephemeral, etc. - I think you can also level at Berbatov, and vice versa. Oh and "Big Zlat" FFS

Unread 10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
marlo

Quote:
I dunno. They are different players, of course, but the similarities are also quite striking - they're both tall, quite thin but also physically strong, two footed, extremely technical strikers with exceptional touches, both like to play between the lines, neither the quickest around, and both given to strolling about for much of a match but also capable of changing a game with a piece of brilliance. And a lot of the criticism you can level at Ibrahimovic - moody, lazy, ephemeral, etc. - I think you can also level at Berbatov, and vice versa. Oh and "Big Zlat" FFS
true.
i just feel 'big zlat' is the finished article and relatively consistent....

only my favourite players get special nicknames.

Unread 10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
I never see Berbatov use his left foot, always uses the outside of his right instead.

Unread 10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

His technique for the goal in Marlo's second vid is sublime.

For both actually but the second is absolutely perfect in its execution.

Ibracadabra =

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
i pray to god he one days plays for united. i pray to god everyday.

I must say, it truly baffles me that there are still lots of people in this country who would rather piss and moan about Zlatan rather than enjoy watching him play.

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I never see Berbatov use his left foot, always uses the outside of his right instead.
Are you implying that I actually ignore Berbatov when he's on the pitch, due to his taking the place of my beloved Carlitos Tevez?

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:37 AM
marlo

Quote:
Are you implying that I actually ignore Berbatov when he's on the pitch, due to his taking the place of my beloved Carlitos Tevez?
join the club.

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
join the club.
So, I'm not the only one the... Err... I mean, I don't know what you're talking about.

Unread 10-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I must say, it truly baffles me that there are still lots of people in this country who would rather piss and moan about Zlatan rather than enjoy watching him play.
Would love to see how Berbatov and Zlatan would be rated if the Bulgarian plied his trade in Italy, while Ibrahimovic played in the Premiership.

Unread 10-12-2008, 02:02 AM
marlo

Quote:
Would love to see how Berbatov and Zlatan would be rated if the Bulgarian plied his trade in Italy, while Ibrahimovic played in the Premiership.
ibrahimovic would be a modern day cantona imo.

Unread 10-12-2008, 02:06 AM
Serenity Now

You'd love the Argentine commentary on United, by the way, Marlo. All they do is slag off Berbatov and give reasons why Tevez should be playing instead

Unread 10-12-2008, 02:10 AM
marlo

Quote:
You'd love the Argentine commentary on United, by the way, Marlo. All they do is slag off Berbatov and give reasons why Tevez should be playing instead

of the three main young argentine players..(aguero, tevez and messi), who would you say the argentine public / media like the best..?

Unread 10-12-2008, 02:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm sure Zlatan would be rated if he played over here. The problem with him at the moment is that most people in this country don't get to watch him, but because everyone has to have a firm opinion on everything, the assurances from the pundits on BBC, Sky etc here that Zlatan is rubbish seem to have pretty much formed the consensus.

Tune in to Keys and whatever idiots he has with him tomorrow when they’ll look at Zlatan’s goal and proceed to talk utter %@#$&!s about him, despite probably none of them having watched him play even once this season.

Then Souness will have a go at Francesco Totti....
Closed Thread