Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2008, 02:28 PM
utd for ever

Default Ronnie Injured...

Heard he wont play today...

Unread 16-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Crumps

Go on the £#%&!end who did you hear this from or can't you name your 'source'?

Unread 16-02-2008, 02:33 PM
naes_sean

may I be the first to say

Unread 16-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Firswood Red

wouldn't be that suprised if he was a sub today

Unread 16-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
wouldn't be that suprised if he was a sub today
Suppose so with one eye on Wednesday and all that.

Unread 16-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Rhodzy

He will play for himself as he usually does in the big games.

Unread 16-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Yep. Looking forward to some lethargic stepovers late on in the game.

Unread 16-02-2008, 03:30 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Yeah let's not bother playing him, he is obvious a liability against the big teams, get Fletcher on instead

Unread 16-02-2008, 03:42 PM
MUFC One Love

Wouldn't surprise me to see him on the bench. He doesn't have a great track record against the big sides tbh but you'd have to start him.

Unread 16-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

didnt train yesterday. MOTWYW

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:03 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
yes, lets sell him

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
yes, lets sell him
Look at the upside, if he isn't playing you don't have to watch the game and you can concentrate on your colouring in.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
yes, lets sell him
Nah, we need him to destroy shit teams at home.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:06 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Nah, we need him to destroy shit teams at home.

Or be already out of the title race without his goal and assist @ the Emirates.

Stop hatin.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:08 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Or be already out of the title race without his goal and assist @ the Emirates.

Stop hatin.

It was a joke 'cos I knew you'd respond with something like that.

He did well to score and get an assist considering he was in their pocket as he usually is in big games.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:11 PM
legendary saf

Quote:

It was a joke 'cos I knew you'd respond with something like that.

He did well to score and get an assist considering he was in their pocket as he usually is in big games.
Which big player doesn't do worse against bigger sides. Ronaldo though can get a little to stressed out in big games, I have said that. He only just turned 23 and with time he will be experienced enough to deal with these sort of things.

People kept comparing him to Kaka last year, thing is Kaka is 3 yrs older than him. Was Kaka doing what he did against our reserve defence at 22? Nah...

We wont have to wait that long with Ronnie anyway, I guarantee you if we are in the semis or quarters against one of the massive sides in Europe the kid will be psyched as hell. He knows that it made the difference last year so he wont let that slip.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
We wont have to wait that long with Ronnie anyway, I guarantee you if we are in the semis or quarters against one of the massive sides in Europe the kid will be psyched as hell. He knows that it made the difference last year so he wont let that slip.
And there lies the problem. With him and some people like you. It's all about personal glory to you isn't it? All he has to do in big games in Europe etc is play his normal game, for the team and he will play well, resulting in the big awards.

The problem is he probably has the mentality you said above and that affects his game 'cos he tries to hard to be the main person, Kaka just plays for his team that's why he plays well in the latter stages of CL.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me to see him on the bench. He doesn't have a great track record against the big sides tbh but you'd have to start him.
Er, didn't he score one and create the other the last time we played Arsenal?

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Er, didn't he score one and create the other the last time we played Arsenal?
Yes he did. I say most of the Ronaldo stuff to wind Leg Saf up, but I do kind of agree he doesn't do it enough in big games. But that can be put down to the tactical nature of the games and playing against better players I suppose. He was pretty shit at Arsenal if we're being honest.

But I do remember him tearing Lauren a new arse hole in '05 I was stood down that side and it's one of the best displays from a winger I have seen.

Unread 16-02-2008, 04:19 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
And there lies the problem. With him and some people like you. It's all about personal glory to you isn't it? All he has to do in big games in Europe etc is play his normal game, for the team and he will play well, resulting in the big awards.

The problem is he probably has the mentality you said above and that affects his game 'cos he tries to hard to be the main person, Kaka just plays for his team that's why he plays well in big games.
Not really. Hardly a personal glory thing when he wants to up his game to new heights in the highest pressure games. He's said it and i've said it, these things are bonuses.

United should be grateful for Ronaldos mentality, hes a winner and he wants to win everything. obviously team honours come first but I know deep down he wouldnt mind winning WPOTY.

Kaka plays for the team? well he hasnt really contributed much recently has he? Dont get me wrong, excellent player but far from the best in the world and this sort of perfect player he's portrayed as. Milan are struggling in the Italian league again, Kaka has played every game nearly and hes not set up many goals nor scored many goals. BUt of course, if he gets the luck of facing a team with half their team out in the CL including 3 key defenders he'll score twice and suddenly be the best.

Not even the best brazilian player in the world now, that honour goes to Robinho.
Closed Thread