United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:13 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default European Cup Quarter Final Day

This is just weird. European cup quarter final, never even considered going home or away, no butterflies, no anticipation, nothing literally nothing, avoid the hope, for there lies misery, even down misery lane.....won't even watch it in the pub, will settle for a crap buffering stream on my own, which some how seems wholly appropriate.

So it goes....

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:15 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
This is just weird. European cup quarter final, never even considered going home or away, no butterflies, no anticipation, nothing literally nothing, avoid the hope, for there lies misery, even down misery lane.....won't even watch it in the pub, will settle for a crap buffering stream on my own, which some how seems wholly appropriate.

So it goes....
mental aint it.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:23 AM
dunk

I had honestly forgotten all about it until a lad in work asked what channel it was on

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:27 AM
General Woundwort

The thought of half the nation tuning in to enjoy the carnage, and half of Europe witnessing how far we've fallen, makes me want to punch Moyes repeatedly in the face.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

i think I'm going to watch michael palin's around the world in 80 days.

last night I watched the one when he gets to india. hell on earth.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
The thought of half the nation tuning in to enjoy the carnage, and half of Europe witnessing how far we've fallen, makes me want to punch Moyes repeatedly in the face.
It's £#%&!ing unbelievable isn't it.

How did we get here in the 13 months after matching Madrid stride for stride until the sending off, and even then absolutely peppering their goal to the point that their keeper was MOTM?

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

So it goes....

It's completely mental. Even since Ronnie left, when most can agree the football on the whole has take a downturn, there'd always be the sense of anticipation with the European Cup. I can't believe Madrid was only a year ago. Feels like an absolute life time.

£#%&! you David Moyes.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:35 AM
carlosartorial

Moaning @#%&!s. Don't watch then ffs.

And if by some bizarre, miraculous twist of fate we manage to scrape a result, try not to take any pleasure from that either.

Oooooh top red etc.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:35 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Are we not on ITV?

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:38 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

And if by some bizarre, miraculous twist of fate we manage to scrape a result, try not to take any pleasure from that either.

Oooooh top red etc.
If you've got a problem with folks moaning you should probably log off for at least a few years.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:39 AM
The Watcher

Dreading it tbh. Love this competition more than anything else in football too. £#%&!ing bastard. At least Moyes won’t be able to embarrass the club in-front of Europe’s elite next season

WTF did we do to deserve this #@&%! ffs

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
If you've got a problem with folks moaning you should probably log off for at least a few years.
boom!

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Oooooh top red etc.

So there isn't a decreased sense of anticipation for you?

Top red etc

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:43 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

2 big quarter finals tonight, we are in Wilmslow for a 6pm kick off then race to Old Trafford

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:51 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
So there isn't a decreased sense of anticipation for you?

Top red etc
No. Obviously a thorough @#%&!ting is on the agenda but I'm not depressed that I'd "forgotten the game was on" a'la dunk.

Plenty of time for misery and naval gazing ahead. Not today though. I'm just going to try* and enjoy the occasion.

*Moyes speak

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:52 AM
dragflick

Quote:
No. Obviously a thorough @#%&!ting is on the agenda but I'm not depressed that I'd "forgotten the game was on" a'la dunk.

Plenty of time for depression and naval gazing ahead. Not today though. I'm just going to try* and enjoy the occasion.

*Moyes speak
boom!

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Bunker Buster

Bloody bombs going off all OVER THE GAFF.

Looking forward to it, it's a quater final, even think we may scrape a result.....

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:57 AM
dunk

Quote:

Plenty of time for misery and naval gazing ahead. Not today though. I'm just going to try* and enjoy the occasion.

*Moyes speak
You #@&%! Picking me out ffs. I genuinely had forgotten. That may or may not be because I have far more interesting and important things to think about other than United getting a @#%&!ting though. Soz.

Unread 01-04-2014, 10:58 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
boom!
Not for the first time this season, a forum stalwart has taken out his frustration with the current regime at OT on dunk’s impressively large head. S2C.

Unread 01-04-2014, 11:00 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
even think we may scrape a result.....
Leave that crack alone.
Closed Thread