United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-04-2024, 11:33 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Yes. Especially if he wears it to cover up the wispy 'hair' he's barely clinging onto.

I don't want Tuchel though, cap or not. Weird @#%&!.

Looks like he'd tap on your car window asking for a quid.
Can't exactly help losing his hair can he,so who do you want to take over or firmly in the give Erik another season camp

Unread 01-05-2024, 06:35 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Was it the balanced team, with good to top class players all across the pitch?
Maybe, but Ten Hag has bought a very expensive winger, spent a big amount on two midfielders and an expensive goalie…

It isn’t like he’s working with nothing.

Unread 01-05-2024, 07:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
Maybe, but Ten Hag has bought a very expensive winger, spent a big amount on two midfielders and an expensive goalie…

It isn’t like he’s working with nothing.
I'm still not sure why he bought Mount He doesn't fit anywhere and has done the grand total of nothing (one goal, sorry). What's his favoured position? Even before Mainoo, where would he play?

Wad it just to have a £60m squad player? It's just odd.

Unread 01-05-2024, 08:01 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
I'm still not sure why he bought Mount He doesn't fit anywhere and has done the grand total of nothing (one goal, sorry). What's his favoured position? Even before Mainoo, where would he play?

He bought him because in his ideal system he has 2 attacking midfielders ahead of a holdiing midfielder.

Unread 01-05-2024, 08:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
He bought him because in his ideal system he has 2 attacking midfielders ahead of a holdiing midfielder.
Has he ever played that system since buying him?

Unread 01-05-2024, 08:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
please don’t say he doesn’t have the tools!!

Unread 01-05-2024, 08:31 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Not this again!

He does not have the tools, no.

He should have done better with what he had though.

Unread 01-05-2024, 08:41 AM
magic_cantona

He's always played 2 holding midfielders with Bruno as the attacking option. Not that it's worked like that this season or parts of last. And it's mad he does play the 2 holders, but you'd never guess they were there, we're that wide open.

Unread 01-05-2024, 08:53 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Not this again!

He does not have the tools, no.

He should have done better with what he had though.
he doesn’t have a holding midfielder and two attacking midfielders?

Unread 01-05-2024, 09:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post

Strong chance he wanted a cover for Eriksen or someone who can play just as many game.

Last season it was Casemiro and Eriksen when fit. Eriksens legs went and he probably thought Mount would be a good replacement . He likes having one of the 6s to push up and have a high press. At the time I thought it was stupid to drop 55 million on a player who may start most game but not somebody who is a guaranteed starter . However I doubt he has much control over actual transfer fee.

I think naturally he’s a number 10 but he has briefly played in that 6 , maybe have even been in preseason against Leeds though cant remembe and on the few occasions when he has come on.

He was most likely trying to build a squad considering our team lack quality in depth. Obviously so far hasn’t worked out as Mount is a crock. Probably doesn’t help when Casemiro has turned shite too. Spotlight on ETH and the midfield just becomes greater.

Unread 01-05-2024, 09:14 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Strong chance he wanted a cover for Eriksen or someone who can play just as many game.

Last season it was Casemiro and Eriksen when fit. Eriksens legs went and he probably thought Mount would be a good replacement . He likes having one of the 6s to push up and have a high press. At the time I thought it was stupid to drop 55 million on a player who may start most game but not somebody who is a guaranteed starter . However I doubt he has much control over actual transfer fee.

I think naturally he’s a number 10 but he has briefly played in that 6 , maybe have even been in preseason against Leeds though cant remembe and on the few occasions when he has come on.

He was most likely trying to build a squad considering our team lack quality in depth. Obviously so far hasn’t worked out as Mount is a crock. Probably doesn’t help when Casemiro has turned shite too. Spotlight on ETH and the midfield just becomes greater.
Considering Eriksen has hardly had a sniff, why hasn't Mount played?

Unread 01-05-2024, 09:14 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Can't exactly help losing his hair can he,so who do you want to take over or firmly in the give Erik another season camp
He should embrace his situation and shave it off.

I think ten Hag should stay. I'm sick of new starts. He's either got a brilliant plan that hasn't worked yet or he hasn't got a plan but either way, I'm happy for him to start next season and we'll see.

Unread 01-05-2024, 09:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
Jesus Christ, he's injured FFS ..

Unread 01-05-2024, 09:44 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He’s been injured for 80-90% of the season?

Unread 01-05-2024, 09:44 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
He should embrace his situation and shave it off.

I think ten Hag should stay. I'm sick of new starts. He's either got a brilliant plan that hasn't worked yet or he hasn't got a plan but either way, I'm happy for him to start next season and we'll see.
Stable reds

If Ineos want ‘their’ choice in though and it’s because of a change of direction style wise all debate is moot

Unread 01-05-2024, 10:02 AM
Zorg

Quote:
He's got plenty of tools LOL

Unread 01-05-2024, 10:31 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Spotlight on ETH and the midfield just becomes greater.
the spotlight on eth and the midfield has always been bright. there is both the balance of the team and the balance of the squad to consider... and he's got both wrong.

with the mount purchase, it was always a question of priorities. obvs, we have bruno playing every game, although that's not wise. we had cass (player of the season, but old), mainoo (raw), mctog (hiding, other than in the oppo box), eriksen (dead).... none of whom is really a dm, but dm was the need. to play mount, he would have had to play instead of rashford, antony, nacho, amad, etc. we had a surfeit of players who could be described as attacking midfielders, playing in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. whether or not that is a good formation. I prefer 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2. (no need to mention 10h really wants to play 4-1-2-3.)

as far as his tactics are concerned, playing a weak dm and expecting the fullbacks to supplement central midfield is nonsense. not just with the players we have, but more generally. when we lose possession (frequently), the fullbacks are always out of position. our only viable lb is always injured and, whilst dalot has been ok, wan b is not a player to use this way. maybe amass will be.

if he is all about the high press, what the £#%&! is he doing picking rashford game after game?

we can all have opinions on whether the players are actually good enough individually (if think amrabat is shit, you are an idiot), but the more important issue has been whether any of them is durable. of our first choice back four, varane, martinez and shaw absolutely cannot be relied on to play regularly. knowing that we had signed jfe as cover was a big red flag (hi, quiggler)... and he's not durable either. letting reguilon go was stupid. malacia is clearly nowhere near fitness (not to mention he will only ever be a success in dwarf football).

then you've got cass and eriksen in midfield.

cf, we've got martial (lol) and rasmus (not fit, but needs must).

under the circumstances, we can't be wasting money on mount. he's the one type of player of which we do have quite a few. if he were world class, you can't pass that up. but he's not. and he's turned out not to be durable either, ffs.

Unread 01-05-2024, 10:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
(if think amrabat is shit, you are an idiot)

you see you keep saying this and I keep wondering what you're basing it on. Obviously not his time at united, so I presume it must be all the games you watched of him at Fiorentina? Or maybe Hellas Verona where he was on loan from Club Brugge?

Or was it just the world cup? Quick reminder we bought Karel Poborsky and Kleberson off the back of good world cup performances.

Unread 01-05-2024, 10:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
you see you keep saying this and I keep wondering what you're basing it on. Obviously not his time at united, so I presume it must be all the games you watched of him at Fiorentina? Or maybe Hellas Verona where he was on loan from Club Brugge?

Or was it just the world cup? Quick reminder we bought Karel Poborsky and Kleberson off the back of good world cup performances.
bearing in mind he has actually played well for us and there were comments about how he lacked dynamism, when he was popping up in the opposition box and spraying passes around, I don't think you'll ever realise. the clue may be in my previous post, which you quoted.

it is slightly tangential to the main point, which is that the squad should be built around a solid midfield (and defence). I wanted palhinha, not amrabat, but he is a good player of the type we need(ed). mount isn't.

Unread 01-05-2024, 10:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
bearing in mind he has actually played well for us and there were comments about how he lacked dynamism, when he was popping up in the opposition box and spraying passes around, I don't think you'll ever realise. the clue may be in my previous post, which you quoted.
I must have missed that sequence of play tbf.