Shakhtar

We never get it easy.
Likely.

Unread 28-08-2008, 12:35 AM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Likely.

Looking at this thread. A few people seem to think thats an easy draw.

It isn't.

Unread 28-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Lyon
Bayern Munich
Steaua Bucharest
Dynamo Kiev
hmmmmmm

Unread 28-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Zorg

FC Clunge will definitely be in there.

Unread 28-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Smiling Bastard

Lisbon or Roma
Zenit
Cluj

Unread 28-08-2008, 07:00 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
United
Juventus
Zenit
Fiorentina

Wouldnt surprise me if that happened.
You do know that Juventus & Fiorentina come from the same country?

Unread 28-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

We shouldn't be concerned about who we draw; but the other teams should be fearful of us... i'm sure none of those teams want to face us, they know how hard it is to get a result at OT and how hard working our team is.

Unread 28-08-2008, 07:48 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
We shouldn't be concerned about who we draw; but the other teams should be fearful of us... i'm sure none of those teams want to face us, they know how hard it is to get a result at OT and how hard working our team is.
Amen !!

whoever draws us KNOWS they only have one slot to aim for cos the other one is OURS

Unread 28-08-2008, 07:52 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
absolutely. we're the champions of europe and deservedly so. living abroad i have, i think, a better idea than most how we're viewed from outside. united are seen as the team to avoid - the 'oh £#%&!' draw, even by the biggest. the way we defeated barca last year made a huge impression btw - it was seen as barca raising themselves to a good level with a supreme effort... and still being relatively comfortably held at bay, and then dispatched at ot. that performance in the nou camp really made people sit up and take note.

Unread 28-08-2008, 08:11 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
absolutely. we're the champions of europe and deservedly so. living abroad i have, i think, a better idea than most how we're viewed from outside. united are seen as the team to avoid - the 'oh £#%&!' draw, even by the biggest. the way we defeated barca last year made a huge impression btw - it was seen as barca raising themselves to a good level with a supreme effort... and still being relatively comfortably held at bay, and then dispatched at ot. that performance in the nou camp really made people sit up and take note.
wisla 1 barca 0

who've cracovia got in europe this season

Unread 28-08-2008, 08:16 AM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Interesting insight there borsuk, given that many people here reckoned it wasn't that great a performance.
(although personally, I thought it was a very tactically mature one. Especially from Ronaldo, I never thought he had it in him)

How were we seen before those two games and what was the view of the final over there?

Unread 28-08-2008, 08:17 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
wisla 1 barca 0

who've cracovia got in europe this season

let's wait for the other leg first. oh, wait...

Unread 28-08-2008, 08:19 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
let's wait for the other leg first. oh, wait...

did you go mate ? .....cousin tried getting a ticket but said it was a nightmare and thats with people on "the inside"

Unread 28-08-2008, 08:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
It would surprise me.
It'd shock me.

Unread 28-08-2008, 10:30 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Interesting insight there borsuk, given that many people here reckoned it wasn't that great a performance.
(although personally, I thought it was a very tactically mature one. Especially from Ronaldo, I never thought he had it in him)

How were we seen before those two games and what was the view of the final over there?
Definitely a great performance, although not the end to end attacking game many were hoping for. But that was never likely to occur in a semi final.

I think our stock rose considerably after the 7-1 demolition of Roma. If you remember, at the time they were many pundits dark horse for the tournament. Even here in the UK, quite a few predicted Roma would get the draw - but that was maybe more down to the stereotypical view of Italian teams turning up and shutting up shop, which isn't Roma's style.

After the 2-0 win over Roma last season, I remember an article from Gazzeta which claimed United were now the pioneers of Italian style catenaccio. In general, the piece was very flattering of United. I also heard a few continental journalists saying similar, comparing us in particular to the Milan sides of Cappello.

Unread 28-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Ginners

the draw has already been done

Man Utd
Roma
Steaua Bucharest
AAB Aalborg

Unread 28-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Thiago

It's just not funny anymore, and i'm sure Roma are sick of the sight of us aswell.

Would flip if we got them again.

Unread 28-08-2008, 11:03 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

we'll get
roma
celtic
kiev

confirmed
id rather go to bremen

Unread 28-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Rossi the Red

I'm looking around at all the teams and i don't see anyone better than us.

We really are a cut above.
Closed Thread