He’s saying JM has lost the dressing room. WTF is happening

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:22 PM
dunk

I’m not surprised tbh.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Neither is mourinho seeming as he’s engineered it with his comments. He wants the confrontation. Maybe so it motivates his bosses to take the financial hit to get rid of those players he wants gone, or to get rid of him if they won’t.

Seriously, someone telling Holmes this. Shameful tactics.
Posting it on here as if it’s meaninful. Sad day for the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
He’s saying JM has lost the dressing room. WTF is happening
Some players about to be sold who don’t want to be. Chance to get another season of evaluation under a new manager.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Kangared

So for those who want Jose gone. Who is available right now that would improve us as a team to watch AND improve our results enough to make that worthwhile ?

For me the only managers I think would definitely do this would be Klopp or Pep & neither are coming here. I’m a big fan of Poch, but his teams seem to crumble under pressure

Options ?

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
So for those who want Jose gone. Who is available right now that would improve us as a team to watch AND improve our results enough to make that worthwhile ?

For me the only managers I think would definitely do this would be Klopp or Pep & neither are coming here. I’m a big fan of Poch, but his teams seem to crumble under pressure

Options ?
Pep would crack under the pressure. Pochettino would be the only choice worth getting excited about. But mourinho’s getting another season regardless of the spoilt players who want their egos massaging by leaking how they’ve suffered. All these managers preventing their brilliance over the last 5 years. Wonder how many managers underperforming millionaire players can blame before they take a look inwards.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Pep would crack under the pressure. Pochettino would be the only choice worth getting excited about. But mourinho’s getting another season regardless of the spoilt players who want their egos massaging by leaking how they’ve suffered. All these managers preventing their brilliance over the last 5 years. Wonder how many managers underperforming millionaire players can blame before they take a look inwards.
My point is that unless you have a definite improvement then we will be here next season arguing the same shit about the new manager & there aren’t any definites out there managerial wise. Give Jose another season, his buys have been good buys even if they haven’t all performed to the level they can . Whether that’s down to him, their support cast of players or the players themselves is debatable & the truth is probably a combination of all those
Nobody on here denies there are a lot of players who don’t deserve to be at the club , so judge him on when they are gone. He inherited an absolute pile of shit compared to Pep.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:45 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
My point is that unless you have a definite improvement then we will be here next season arguing the same shit about the new manager & there aren’t any definites out there managerial wise. Give Jose another season, his buys have been good buys even if they haven’t all performed to the level they can . Whether that’s down to him, their support cast of players or the players themselves is debatable & the truth is probably a combination of all those
Nobody on here denies there are a lot of players who don’t deserve to be at the club , so judge him on when they are gone. He inherited an absolute pile of shit compared to Pep.
I agree. We’ll never progress unless we give managers at least 3 seasons before judging whether to keep them or not. Mourinho hasn’t had a disaster, knows what the issues are. Let him get on with it and then judge.

Otherwise we’ll have shit players staying at the club for over a decade because they keep managing to get rid of the manager before the manager gets rid of them.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:45 PM
Coracao

The board aren't going to pull the trigger on Mourinho now. People can moan about him until they are blue in the face. Unless he walks himself he is here for at least another season.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Sparky***

Ah right. So the divas and precious egos in the dressing room are seeing about getting rid of another manager.

Zeroing in on their 3rd victim in 5 years.

The managers are changing but the same players who were shit under ferguson are still there, stinking up the place. Pffft.

£#%&!ing media will have been deliriously happy with that result yesterday. It's written about a month's worth of headlines for them until the world cup starts.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The board aren't going to pull the trigger on Mourinho now. People can moan about him until they are blue in the face. Unless he walks himself he is here for at least another season.
Wouldn't be so sure about the whole season, but yeah I don't think anyone expects him to be sacked this summer.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wouldn't be so sure about the whole season, but yeah I don't think anyone expects him to be sacked this summer.
I have doubts they would sack a manager mid season after how toxic the situation got with your Dutch pal.

Whether he would go himself is another matter.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I have doubts they would sack a manager mid season after how toxic the situation got with your Dutch pal.

Whether he would go himself is another matter.
I have doubts too. Just wouldn't rule it out.

Nobody would have expected his sacking three months into the new season after he'd won the title at Chelsea.

Modern Mou is a far more combustible character than LvG.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I have doubts too. Just wouldn't rule it out.

Nobody would have expected his sacking three months into the new season after he'd won the title at Chelsea.

Modern Mou is a far more combustible character than LvG.
Not the first time Abramovich has binned a manager during the season. I just don't see United doing it, unless there is nothing left to play for.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Not the first time Abramovich has binned a manager during the season. I just don't see United doing it, unless there is nothing left to play for.
Probably right... it took til that for Moyes to get the bullet.

Mourinho made his position untenable at Chelsea last time, he made them sack him. Nobody would consider it knee-jerk in the circumstances.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Mourinho is a strange manager in the modern climate of player power. Can you think of another top class manager who has his level of discipline through the media and public blaming after performances? It really stands out in today's game.

Makes him a risk for a meltdown. If United are all over the place early doors I think it becomes a possibility. Don't think he'll go quietly.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ah right. So the divas and precious egos in the dressing room are seeing about getting rid of another manager.

Zeroing in on their 3rd victim in 5 years.

The managers are changing but the same players who were shit under ferguson are still there, stinking up the place. Pffft.

f***ing media will have been deliriously happy with that result yesterday. It's written about a month's worth of headlines for them until the world cup starts.
The players will be doing us a favour if they get him sacked and we bring in someone who will promptly sell the **** ones.

We all hoped LVG and then Mourinho would be the ones to do it but bizarrely they have both favoured some utterly abject players like Fellaini, Young, Valencia, Mata etc.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:23 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The players will be doing us a favour if they get him sacked and we bring in someone who will promptly sell the **** ones.

We all hoped LVG and then Mourinho would be the ones to do it but bizarrely they have both favoured some utterly abject players like Fellaini, Young, Valencia, Mata etc.
Priorities are why some shit players still remain. Maybe it’s no coincidence that the 4 players you mention are decent, solid pros.

Sack mourinho now and we’d be repeating this cycle every two or three years indefinitely, because no-one will turn united around in such a short space of time.

I don’t think there’s any manager who could have done the job better this past two seasons. Mourinho will have us back at the top inside the next two seasons or so. And if the football is still shit despite that, we can replace him from a position of strength.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:50 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Not the first time Abramovich has binned a manager during the season. I just don't see United doing it, unless there is nothing left to play for
Gone in October

Unread 21-05-2018, 01:20 AM
Cream

Didn't talk to the players after the match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ore-experience

Quote:
José Mourinho did not send his players away with a message to contemplate during their break from club football – “We didn’t speak with him,” said Matic – and the manager is now on holiday
Closed Thread