United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:34 AM
utd99

How can 4th place not be in jeopardy when we are 5th and winless in six games?

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:36 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Probably more like when it looks like we're less likely to get than get it.

The fact we have lost two in a row and are still only out of it on GD just proves how quickly we could get back up there with a small upturn.

I fancy us for top four whether lvg goes or not.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Drogba was a great striker, Mourinho used him as battering ram though. Wanted him to replace Ruud from Marseille.
Mourinho got the best out of Drogba, no?

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Dunno. He got results. Could he have got more...?

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Because there are six months of the season left.

If we are still only out of top four on goal difference in a crisis, it's easily turned around.

I expect the board might see how these two games in three days go, but it does feel inevitable.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:39 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Ah good, Baldrick. A thingy-shaped formation.
"I have a cunning philosophy....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Thought we were supposed be all about taking risks?

Reality is that favouratism for Mourinho only underlines that fans are full of shit. It's not the style they're fed up with. It's not winning.
I hate mourinho. tbh, wouldn't be that keen on pep either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
he got the worst out of drogba. because they are both @#%&!s.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:40 AM
utd99

Quote:
Probably more like when it looks like we're less likely to get than get it.

The fact we have lost two in a row and are still only out of it on GD just proves how quickly we could get back up there with a small upturn.

We are less likely to get it with every game currently.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
"I have a cunning philosophy....."

I hate mourinho. tbh, wouldn't be that keen on pep either.
I know, pal. I don't mean any fans complaining, or those who admit it's about results. Just those who talk endlessly about the United way and then want Mourinho as first choice, precisely because they think he might win a few games.

For all it looks ominous, I expect the board don't want to sack him. A run starting Saturday would save him, but hard to believe it'll happen. We don't look a side, collectively or individually, who look likely to go on a run. Think Van Gaal looked beaten last night.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Blind, abject panic. That is where you are atm

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:44 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Well that's because we keep losing.

If we start winning it will be very achievable, given how close we are despite horrendous form.

We basically just need to stop being horrendous. If we were five to ten points off, I'd categorise it in serious jeopardy

Quote:
I know, pal. I don't mean any fans complaining, or those who admit it's about results. Just those who talk endlessly about the United way and then want Mourinho as first choice, precisely because they think he might win a few games.

For all it looks ominous, I expect the board don't want to sack him. A run starting Saturday would save him, but hard to believe it'll happen. We don't look a side, collectively or individually, who look likely to go on a run. Think Van Gaal looked beaten last night.
And they're two horrible fixtures. Stoke is tough enough at the best of times and I think we'll be playing a Chelsea side that resembles something much closer to the one from last season. I don't fancy us to win either game.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well that's because we keep losing.

If we start winning it will be very achievable, given how close we are despite horrendous form.

We basically just need to stop being horrendous. If we were five to ten points off, I'd categorise it in serious jeopardy

And they're two horrible fixtures. Stoke is tough enough at the best of times and I think we'll be playing a Chelsea side that resembles something much closer to the one from last season. I don't fancy us to win either game.
Yep. Horrific games, which makes the upside more of a gain.

Genuinely think LvG should say £#%&! it and play actually defensively. Not in the 'the football isn't going anywhere so it must be defensive' respect. Actually put out a dogged midfield and moderate defensive line that holds back. Play on the break like at the World Cup and like most teams in England do. Just get the result with one decent break.

He won't, though. He will fall on his sword. Love the £#%&!er, tbf

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:50 AM
jem

Quote:

well.... let's hope mark hughes takes a moment to talk to the board.

if van gaal wants a lifeline, he can call me for a team sheet in the morning.

Quote:
Actually put out a dogged midfield and moderate defensive line that holds back.

will never happen. never has anyways.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Dunno. He got results. Could he have got more...?
oh, dont you know?

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:52 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I don't. The football of late under LVG has been terrible to watch. His philosophy, as he calls it, hasn't changed much even if he thinks it has shifting to the #@&%! formation. He won't really change either, I don't think his ego would allow it. United have become extremely easy to play against and his recruitment, in the main, has been shit. Failing to address key areas properly last Summer and deciding to reduce the overall size of the squad despite more games was folly & it has come back to bite him/the club on the arse.

If the stat I read yesterday is right his philosophy has created 7 shots on target in the last 4 home games. That is woeful. I'd give him more time if I saw some sort of light at the end of the tunnel, a team that when finished would play good football with a cutting edge. But I can't, it's dire. Football isn't made for robots, your creative players shouldn't be struck with fear, attacking full backs too. It's supposed to be fun, goals are fun ffs. I haven't been entertained once this season, perhaps Everton away but that's it. Saturday was abysmal. Norwich at home, second best in every department and the result wasn't a shock in the slightest.

Stoke away and Chelsea at home next, good luck with that.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:54 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't. The football of late under LVG has been terrible to watch. His philosophy, as he calls it, hasn't changed much even if he thinks it has shifting to the #@&%! formation. He won't really change either, I don't think his ego would allow it. United have become extremely easy to play against and his recruitment, in the main, has been shit. Failing to address key areas last Summer and deciding to reduce the overall size of the squad despite more games was folly & it has come back to bite him/the club on the arse.

If the stat I read yesterday is right his philosophy has created 7 shots on target in the last 4 games. I'd give him more time if I saw some sort of light at the end of the tunnel, a team that when finished would play good football with a cutting edge. But I can't, it's dire. Football isn't made for robots, your creative players shouldn't be struck with fear, attacking full backs too. It's supposed to be fun, goals are fun ffs. I haven't been entertained once this season, perhaps Everton away but that's it. Saturday was abysmal. Norwich at home, second best in every department and the result wasn't a shock in the slightest.

Stoke away and Chelsea at home next, good luck with that.

I agree with all of that, but in spite of it, I still think we'll finish top four.

Unread 21-12-2015, 02:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well.... let's hope mark hughes takes a moment to talk to the board.

if van gaal wants a lifeline, he can call me for a team sheet in the morning.

will never happen. never has anyways.
It won't indeed. It would be similar under Pep. He'd leave slightly fewer holes in the midfield, but he'll play high up the field and wide open regardless. Could well be carnage in a league full of counter-attacking sides. But I'd back him to find a way.

Certainly the first thing Mou would do is have us play 10-15 yards deeper.

Unread 21-12-2015, 03:31 AM
utd99

Quote:
Blind, abject panic. That is where you are atm
There is no future.

Unread 21-12-2015, 04:38 AM
Grimson

Quote:
I agree with all of that, but in spite of it, I still think we'll finish top four.
We are helped, clearly, by so many of the other 'top' teams losing games.

Unread 21-12-2015, 04:46 AM
rafabio

Why can't he be sacked now ffs and giggs in charge until we get mou. I have a bad feeling that they will let him on till Feb/March by when he would have ducked us royally. More than moyes imo. At least moyes didn't spend this much.

Unread 21-12-2015, 05:04 AM
puressence

Hes one game from the sack apparently ... Either do it or keep him .. Geniunally gutted this hasnt work his ideas havent come across to the uneducated £#%&!ing baffoons we have in the ranks and thats a shame because as a man his honesty was fantastic and he understodd what the club meant to the fans , the day he walked into the munich memorial i will never forget off his own back he went he made the players more accesible to the fans something lost many years ago , managers come and go and so do players the fans the majority stay forever , ill always have a spot for louis in my heart ..
Closed Thread