United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Switching Off

“The thing with Manchester United is that he will go to one Premier League team and won’t be going to another [after that],” Ferdinand said. “There is one chance – you have one chance to get him. He won’t go to Manchester City and then to United; he’s not going to go to Chelsea and then United. It won’t happen, so you’ve got one chance to get the best manager on the planet.”

“Is [Guardiola] better than what they’ve got?” he said. “That’s what Man United and City should be asking. If the answer is yes then you go for it, surely. It’s like with the best players in the world – if someone like Ronaldo or Messi becomes available, everyone is interested. I don’t think it’s different with a great manager. The best manager in the world is definitely Guardiola and when he becomes available people are going to be interested, and I think United are no different.”

Unread 19-12-2015, 11:40 AM
morgan

I'd be much more worried by Guardiola at the boo camp, than mourinho.

Agree with Rio on this. he is the top boy and also the continuity candidate due to his LVG links.

Unread 19-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
United is too big of a job, no chance he comes here when we're a shambles. He'll walk into city and win a few league titles. Team is ready made for him
City aren't ready made at all.

Unread 19-12-2015, 12:46 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
City aren't ready made at all.
City are going to need a bigger overhaul than United soon. I dont think Guardiola can oversee that sort of work

ON (end of next season)

Unread 19-12-2015, 02:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
City are going to need a bigger overhaul than United soon. I dont think Guardiola can oversee that sort of work

ON (end of next season)
So you think pep will jack it in and sit out a year? Why not just extend his Bayern contract?

The stars are very much aligning towards pep being at city in the summer unless perhaps United come in for him now. Even then, it's not a given he would be up for it but it would be a more difficult choice for him to make.

Unread 19-12-2015, 02:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There's something I don't like about him and as predicted he walked the german league but has struggled in europe. Honestly bayern have gone backwards imo.

Never trust people in tight jumpers is a rule to live by and pep wears a lot of tight jumpers.
Bayern are many people's favourite for the Champions League this season, even ahead of Barca. So he can't have taken them that far backwards. I think the general feeling is they're playing better domestically and are more superior than they've been for a long time.

Always harsh to judge a manager on just a couple of games. Pep can manage Bayern supremely for 50 weeks of the year, but bad luck with injuries or a few things not going his way in a CL semi final and it all comes down to that. Brutal really.

Could just as easily say Mourinho and Ancelotti couldn't get Chelsea to a European Cup final, but Avram Grant and Roberto Di Matteo managed it straight away. Timing is important. Bayern have a stronger squad this year and Dortmund pushing them in the league helps imo.

Unread 19-12-2015, 02:54 PM
saffers

Pep seems to have a deal done with the Barca gang at City.

Otherwise I don't see how on earth United would rush to hire Mourinho now. Woodward is Mendes' bitch though so you never know.

Mystified by the huge groundswell of support for Mou among our support both irl and on the net.... Imagine they start singing Jose Mourinho at the game today.

Unread 19-12-2015, 02:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Pep seems to have a deal done with the Barca gang at City.

Otherwise I don't see how on earth United would rush to hire Mourinho now. Woodward is Mendes' bitch though so you never know.

Mystified by the huge groundswell of support for Mou among our support both irl and on the net.... Imagine they start singing Jose Mourinho at the game today.
Presenting complete supposition as fact

Unread 19-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Tiberian

Bayern have never been as dominant domestically as they have been in the last few years. How much of that is Pep and how much is the club never before being as financially powerful as they are now?

I have to mention what they did to Dortmund again, that CL final they contested signaled the death of that league as a competition, the manner in which they destabilized Dortmund through the Gotze signing was brilliantly vicious, then to follow it up with Lewandowski? Just cruel, the equivalent of Utd taking Henry and Vieria from Arsenal around 2001 for nothing, lose their best players and have no money to replace them

If he does not win a CL with Bayern there will be questions. Defensively they might not be good enough against Barca or Madrid.

Unread 19-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Bayern have never been as dominant domestically as they have been in the last few years. How much of that is Pep and how much is the club never before being as financially powerful as they are now?

I have to mention what they did to Dortmund again, that CL final they contested signaled the death of that league as a competition, the manner in which they destabilized Dortmund through the Gotze signing was brilliantly vicious, then to follow it up with Lewandowski? Just cruel, the equivalent of Utd taking Henry and Vieria from Arsenal around 2001 for nothing, lose their best players and have no money to replace them

If he does not win a CL with Bayern there will be questions. Defensively they might not be good enough against Barca or Madrid.
Good points. What has Pep done at Bayern so far that couldn't have been done under any other decent manager? They've won a league completely devoid of any competition thanks to, as Tibs says, taking any decent players they feel like from their only domestic rivals.

They've failed to even reach a champions league final under Guardiola, instead twice losing semi finals convincingly.

Unread 20-12-2015, 01:30 AM
Pop

Pellegrini, the gutless pathetic snivelling @#%&!:

Pep Guardiola will work here. I don’t know if it will be next season here at City, but I am sure that one day he will come to the Premier League.

And I hope he will have the option to work at Manchester City.

I say that because I love this club and I hope, in the future, he can work here also. I am sure that he will be very important for the club.

A lot of things will happen in the future. But when is the future? You never know. It might be next year. But I don’t worry. The only thing I am worried about is this year, trying to win the most amount of trophies I can.

Unread 20-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Pellegrini, the gutless pathetic snivelling @#%&!:

Pep Guardiola will work here. I don’t know if it will be next season here at City, but I am sure that one day he will come to the Premier League.

And I hope he will have the option to work at Manchester City.

I say that because I love this club and I hope, in the future, he can work here also. I am sure that he will be very important for the club.

A lot of things will happen in the future. But when is the future? You never know. It might be next year. But I don’t worry. The only thing I am worried about is this year, trying to win the most amount of trophies I can.
He knows what's on the cards. Jesus christ you'd have to be an idiot not to see it.

Unread 20-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
But when is the future? You never know. It might be next year.[/i]
Next year is definitely the future.

Unread 20-12-2015, 02:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Agree with all that. But they have still been fantastic to watch. Beating Arsenal 5-1 last month shouldn't be dismissed.

Unread 20-12-2015, 02:12 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So you think pep will jack it in and sit out a year? Why not just extend his Bayern contract?

The stars are very much aligning towards pep being at city in the summer unless perhaps United come in for him now. Even then, it's not a given he would be up for it but it would be a more difficult choice for him to make.
Word is united are trying to pay him to sit on his arse and do nothing

Unread 20-12-2015, 03:58 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree with all that. But they have still been fantastic to watch. Beating Arsenal 5-1 last month shouldn't be dismissed.
They lost to arsenal too...

Barca will swat aside arsenal in next round.

Pep has been a failure at Bayern. It will end the same way this season.

Unread 20-12-2015, 04:16 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Pep has been a failure at Bayern. It will end the same way this season.
Yes, building a squad that is the most feared and impressive in Europe, with a brilliant style of play that dominates the ball, completely controls games and rains goals is a huge failure.

He has been slightly naive in about two games during his entire time there - the ties against Real and Barca in the Champion's League.

Harsh to judge his entire tenure on those two ties alone. He's been brilliant for Bayern, you absolute £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 20-12-2015, 07:38 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yes, building a squad that is the most feared and impressive in Europe, with a brilliant style of play that dominates the ball, completely controls games and rains goals is a huge failure.

He has been slightly naive in about two games during his entire time there - the ties against Real and Barca in the Champion's League.

Harsh to judge his entire tenure on those two ties alone. He's been brilliant for Bayern, you absolute £#%&!ing idiot.
that's 4 games you £#%&!ing window licker.

Unread 20-12-2015, 08:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Even then you're talking Messi magic and a couple of Ramos headers from corners being their undoing.

Obviously Bayern wanting desperately to extend his contract on a £17m-per season salary is evidence of his failure.

Unread 20-12-2015, 08:16 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Even then you're talking Messi magic and a couple of Ramos headers from corners being their undoing.

Obviously Bayern wanting desperately to extend his contract on a £17m-per season salary is evidence of his failure.
Real desperate....

"It is not planned to push back that date," he said. "We have always said there will be a decision in 2015. I know that it's a late, just days before Christmas. But the talks will be held after the Hannover match, and we'll then announce a decision."

While Bayern hope to extend the Catalan's stay, the club are not concerned about a potential exit for Guardiola.

"It always continues. There is no person in this world who can't be replaced at some point," Rummenigge said. "That's the state of things. Players come, players go, and the same applies to coaches. They come and they go at one point."

Wonder how much it will break you when Pep struggles at city...
Closed Thread