United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Oh goody, a plethora of mediocrity.
Both full internationals & we've been linked with Veloso for a few years, talk of £20m a while back. Moutinho is the Sporting captain...

Hardly mediocre. & if we got shot of Nani into the bargain & got repacements for Hargreaves & Scholes it's not exactly a terrible deal.

None of the Ronaldo cash is spent either.

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Aloe Blacc

Nani has reacted positively to confirmation of Manchester United's agreement to sell his Portugal colleague Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

The winger is hoping the World Player of the Year's departure will allow him more opportunity to shine at Old Trafford.

The skilful former Sporting wide man failed to impress for much of last season and there has been talk he will be on his way out of the club.

However, he views Ronaldo's blockbusting move as the opening he needs to make his mark in Manchester.

"He has been doing an excellent job so I think he deserves it," Nani told IOL. "It is a fantastic amount, excellent and fair value for what he has done.

"Real Madrid are a great club and will be good for him.

"I think I can have more opportunities now.

"Cristiano was very important to Manchester but now I think I can show my value and they will gamble more on me."

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:45 PM
sullers

I hope he doesn't think of himself as Ronnie's replacement.

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Nani has reacted positively to confirmation of Manchester United's agreement to sell his Portugal colleague Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

The winger is hoping the World Player of the Year's departure will allow him more opportunity to shine at Old Trafford.

The skilful former Sporting wide man failed to impress for much of last season and there has been talk he will be on his way out of the club.

However, he views Ronaldo's blockbusting move as the opening he needs to make his mark in Manchester.

"He has been doing an excellent job so I think he deserves it," Nani told IOL. "It is a fantastic amount, excellent and fair value for what he has done.

"Real Madrid are a great club and will be good for him.

"I think I can have more opportunities now.

"Cristiano was very important to Manchester but now I think I can show my value and they will gamble more on me."
Wants out

FFS Does anybody want to play for us?

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Luffy

I think Nani funnily enough lacks confidence. He might believe in his ability but thats not the same as being fearless enough to do whatever your feet feel like doing on the football pitch.

Thats where Ronaldo is head and shoulders above most of our players, including Rooney. If Nani was braver and simply wasn't afraid to £#%&! up, he'd £#%&! up less and express himself more.

Moutinho would be a cracking addition for the Scholes role though. Him rotating with Ando.

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Tronics

will be a shame for him to go.

especially with Ronnie going, he could do with being given a chance.

but i'd happily have Joa Moutinho/Veloso in exchange, excellent player.

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Whip Hubley

any chance of us keeping nani AND buying moutinho please?

no?

oh well.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

think people are a bit harsh on Nani tbh

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:15 PM
borsuk

i must have missed the bit where nani hasn't had chances to impress

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i must have missed the bit where nani hasn't had chances to impress
Word.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM
armchair

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
think people are a bit harsh on Nani tbh
Word.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM
sullers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Word.
A word.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
I hope he doesn't think of himself as Ronnie's replacement.
he is

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
ScarFace

Please let it be true that £#%&!ing shit @#%&! is leaving, i would suck a #@&%! for this.

Unread 11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Please let it be true that £#%&!ing shit @#%&! is leaving, i would suck a #@&%! for this.

Unread 11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Whalefish

Not his biggest fan but I bet he proves me and a fair few others wrong next season with a decent run in the side.

Here's hoping anyway.

I'd still like Utd to sign Milos Krasic though.

Unread 11-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Not his biggest fan but I bet he proves me and a fair few others wrong next season with a decent run in the side.

Here's hoping anyway.

I'd still like Utd to sign Milos Krasic though.
yeah I could live with that!

still bigging up Vela and Sosa here though

Unread 11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
The Return of JC

I'd keep him. A player deserves a third season if they've had one decent and one bad. And with whatshisface going to that club, it's a great chance for him to step up. He needs games.

Benzema, Valencia and a little more faith and trust in Nani and Tevez, with the team being built around Rooney. And with money left for an enormous piss up.

Happy days.

Unread 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'd keep him. A player deserves a third season if they've had one decent and one bad. And with whatshisface going to that club, it's a great chance for him to step up. He needs games.
I'd agree with that. I certainly wouldn't be letting him go just yet.

Unread 11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd agree with that. I certainly wouldn't be letting him go just yet.
He's just in a rut. He's got himself into a position where he's trying too hard, overthinking things and his confidence has spiralled. As a result, he's got less games and it's a catch 22. This Ronaldo malarky somewhat opens the door for him. He's clearly talented and things can change very quickly. It only takes a few games and a bit of confidence. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt this coming season. More of the same and it's time to cut our losses, but I'd hate to see him do well somewhere else and we're left kicking ourselves because of the Ronaldo shaped hole that could've been filled by a new, improved Nani.

Ofcourse, I could be wrong, but I think it's worth another season to find out.
Closed Thread