United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Dr Gonzo

Wasn't overly bothered until I started work and saw various hideous ways fo some poor souls in hospital.

Since I've had children - absolutely terrifying at times - you really start to get intimations of your own mortality and it's not a nice thought ..

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:39 AM
ReligiousRed

TBH , i think i am more scared of those around me dying, my Mum , Dad ,Wife ....even worse my kids ! if i lost one of them i would live for the others , if i lost them all , i would check out ! couldnt carry on after that ..................But £#%&! me on the brighter side , they are all here healthy and happy so im getting off this thread its just made me think bad things

The only one certain thing in life, is death, it does and will come to us all , no point worrying about it, you should enjoy what time you got with those around you i reckon .

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsie
Only by drowning, torture or suffocation. I think.

EDIT: Oh and being burnt or buried alive.
how do you feel about flying in a light aircraft at low altitude when another plane approaches. you decide to moon the occupants of the other plane, but you lose control of your aircraft and crash. you are then found dead in the wreckage with your pants around their ankles

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
TBH , i think i am more scared of those around me dying, my Mum , Dad ,Wife ....even worse my kids ! if i lost one of them i would live for the others , if i lost them all , i would check out ! couldnt carry on after that ..................But £#%&! me on the brighter side , they are all here healthy and happy so im getting off this thread its just made me think bad things

The only one certain thing in life, is death, it does and will come to us all , no point worrying about it, you should enjoy what time you got with those around you i reckon .
Well put, Mr Holy Man !

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:52 AM
newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
how do you feel about flying in a light aircraft at low altitude when another plane approaches. you decide to moon the occupants of the other plane, but you lose control of your aircraft and crash. you are then found dead in the wreckage with your pants around their ankles
I wouldn't be in the light aircraft in the first place. You would also never find me on a cruise. £#%&! being in the middle of the sea, I cried through Open Water.

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:57 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
I wouldn't be in the light aircraft in the first place. You would also never find me on a cruise. £#%&! being in the middle of the sea, I cried through Open Water.
your options are getting smaller and smaller newsie

youre gonna end up going in your sleep

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
newsie

Quote:
your options are getting smaller and smaller newsie

youre gonna end up going in your sleep
Or murdered, I used to recurring nightmares about waking up with a bloke stabbing me.

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:06 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Or murdered, I used to recurring nightmares about waking up with a bloke stabbing me.
with his mutton dagger ?

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
magic_cantona

Dying while my daughters young, yes.

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
newsie

Quote:
with his mutton dagger ?

I'm on worksafe mode so don't know what that image is but no it was a real knife. I once attacked my ex as he woke me up during one vivid nightmare.

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
I'm on worksafe mode so don't know what that image is but no it was a real knife. I once attacked my ex as he woke me up during one vivid nightmare.
nowt rude

i had a recurring dream for about 5 years, about planes crashing.....didnt fly anywhere for the duration.....mainly because 2 other dreams i had sort of fortold the future so i didnt want to risk things......industrial strength bike clips for my first flight once i decided i had to get back on board a plane though

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
nowt rude

i had a recurring dream for about 5 years, about planes crashing.....didnt fly anywhere for the duration.....mainly because 2 other dreams i had sort of fortold the future so i didnt want to risk things......industrial strength bike clips for my first flight once i decided i had to get back on board a plane though

Have the dreams diversified into stock market-related issues ??

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:26 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Have the dreams diversified into stock market-related dissues ??

sadly no

one was a family illness premonition

the other..the election of a world figure

Unread 09-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Ginners

not at all. got a feeling im immortal tbh

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed

Exactly. We're here for a good time not a long time.

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:22 PM
dunk

Just been told today that I have the same blood deficiency that killed my mum just 6 months ago.

I would say I am a little aware and wary of my own mortality at this moment in time.

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
HollowmanVIII

What about dying and the thought of fellow forumista's on here just assuming you got fed up with coming on the site and didn't actual know the real reason you had stopped posting

Sad song just came on my itunes while typing this too

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM
believe

I have a fear of being killed by something falling on me or me falling from a great height. I was "helping a friend" in Bristol a few weeks back and was on scaffolding 30 stories high and everyday was like my last

However, I then had to go in the "man basket" attached to a tower crane and was lifted up and over the building I'm not that scared of heights now

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Blagger

tbf if you're not gonna do things becuase of the fear of death then you need to sort that out... it's gonna happen sometime and you're not gonna have any power over the way it happens.

no offence newsie, just a perspective... i'd go for a cruise if i were you

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
BulgarianSpectator

No worries about death, I just don't like pain so it would have to be something 'natural' in my sleep rather than a heart attack or drowning. I've done pretty much everything I've wanted to, so if your life really does flash in front of you before you die, I'll have a good time reviewing the memories.

Life is about experiences, not about making money. I don't want to die rich, in fact I'd rather die owing a pile having had a great time spending it.
Closed Thread