United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:14 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Seriously though, that's harsh. I would've shit myself. My mum has got a massive scar where they had to stitch it up (obviously) but just the thought of my wrist being cut makes me go all cold.

Glad you survived though and fulfilled your purpose of a decent forumista.
good of you to say. I'll drink to that.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:24 AM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
for me it was just like an intense slide show featuring loads of different moments from my life. many friends, girlfriends, fights, sports fields, raves, etc. must have been over 100 slides flashing in quick succession. at that moment in time I really thought I was a goner (severed the major vein in my left wrist and had been spurting blood for a while when the 'doctors' told me there was nothing they could do and were shitting it.). Then I had that experience, and I just relaxed, waiting for the inevitable with a smile on my face, knowing that I had done more in my short life (was about 22 at the time) than 99% of any other humans ever would do. It was really a great moment, and if I am honest I've probably been £#%&!ing lazy ever since I had that thought....
That's pretty interesting. Esp the last bit there.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:38 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
That's pretty interesting. Esp the last bit there.
well, in my defense I have had a couple of kids and done a lot with my life since. probably just not quite so full on. also not scared of death any more - I look at it like I've had a load of extra time.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:39 AM
TreeFiddy

Yes. Petrified when I really think about it. Mainly not being able to get my head round it, but it's also very depressing just how unimportant and insignificant we are.

However, sometimes when I'm on a plane that's taking off and I imagine it crashing I feel quite at ease at the thought of my life being over so maybe I'm not as scared as I think.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:47 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
However, sometimes when I'm on a plane that's taking off and I imagine it crashing I feel quite at ease at the thought of my life being over so maybe I'm not as scared as I think.
You morbid @#%&!.

Plane crash is my biggest fear. Knowing you are going to die.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:24 AM
user_name

Quote:
You morbid @#%&!.

Plane crash is my biggest fear. Knowing you are going to die.

Imagine all of the sudden the plane climbs straight up, out of control and then goes upside down turning over on it's side....

The falling and the plane spinning out of control

£#%&! i hate flying.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:26 AM
koppas

Quote:
Imagine all of the sudden the plane climbs straight up, out of control and then goes upside down turning over on it's side....

£#%&! i hate flying.
It isn't that that scares me.

It's when I am going over see and then, just like in Castaway, the plane plummets nose first into the ocean. You can't even phone your parents to tell them yo love them etc etc. I always make sure I am pissed before I get on a plane.

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Grimson

Quote:

£#%&! i hate flying.
Okay but has that ever actually happened in the history of jet powered commercial aviation?

Unread 09-06-2009, 03:55 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Okay but has that ever actually happened in the history of jet powered commercial aviation?
No. Which means it will happen someday!

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:53 AM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
YES! thats where I go the idea. I can't get it out of my head.

Unread 09-06-2009, 04:54 AM
user_name

Quote:
no. Which means it will happen someday!

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
a mate of mine has instructed his brother to find and destroy his mobile phone and laptop before his mrs gets hold of it...upon his demise

i tend to lean towards re-incarnation.....and ive had the Teville slide show....when i nearly drowned in a river aged 16.....dont know why i saw Tevilles life though instead of mine

I'd much rather see Teville's life flash before my eyes than my own - some of those Bulgarian mountians look stunning and as for his cooking....

I hope Sky Sports edit my life - cool music, multi angles, amusing gestures from exasperated maangers etc. I think they should branch out into this field

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus
The same happened to me when I was attacked a few years ago in Greece, I felt my mum put her hands on my face, bit strange really.
That was the attacker teabagging your crumpled corpse for a quick snap on his mates mobile phone camera.

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Arcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
That was the attacker teabagging your crumpled corpse for a quick snap on his mates mobile phone camera.
I was stabbed four times in the back mate, nearly died.

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:42 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
All over a couple of extra quid on the price of a coach ticket, some people have no respect for life!

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:44 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

oops !!

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Arcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
All over a couple of extra quid on the price of a coach ticket, some people have no respect for life!
I've gone over this for two minutes, yet still don;t get it.
Hows the Krava Maga?

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Pop

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

oops !!
Oops indeed.

I don't mean to be morbid but what did it actually feel like, the knife being plunged into your body? I've seen a few videos of people being stabbed and it looks so bloody vicious. Think I'd rather be shot that have cold sharp steel tear through my flesh

Unread 09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Arcus

Link first, explanation later

Unread 09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
newsie

Only by drowning, torture or suffocation. I think.

EDIT: Oh and being burnt or buried alive.
Closed Thread