Unread 09-06-2009, 12:25 AM
koppas

Post Are you scared of dying?

I am.

Scares the shit out of me.

Unread 09-06-2009, 12:42 AM
shadowplay

Not anymore after reading this thread.

In fact, I'm embracing the notion of it.

Unread 09-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Crumps

Dying? Not particularly
Dying a painful death? For sure

Will probably change if and when I have kids though.

Unread 09-06-2009, 12:51 AM
koppas

The thought of not being here scares the shit out of me. Just makes me think all the stuff we buy, money we save etc is pointless - as we ain't gonna keep it as we gonna be six feet under.

I just hope I die in my sleep but I can see myself suffering a horrific death.

Unread 09-06-2009, 12:52 AM
marlo

not scared of anything.

i've slept in cemetarys and danced with wolves.

Unread 09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
The thought of not being here scares the shit out of me. Just makes me think all the stuff we buy, money we save etc is pointless - as we ain't gonna keep it as we gonna be six feet under.

I just hope I die in my sleep but I can see myself suffering a horrific death.
the sooner you accept the notion of impermanence, koppas, the sooner you will be truly happy. Buddhist philosophy sorted my head right out, I can tell you.

Unread 09-06-2009, 12:57 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
the sooner you accept the notion of impermanence, koppas, the sooner you will be truly happy. Buddhist philosophy sorted my head right out, I can tell you.
Impermenance? Notion of not alway being here?

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:10 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Impermenance? Notion of not alway being here?
my interpretation is that nothing will always be there. everything we ever own will one day no longer be ours. our bodies, possesions, everything, will return to the ground.

makes you live for the moment abit more and not care so much about getting 'things'.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:11 AM
user_name

Quote:
makes you live for the moment abit more and not care so much about getting 'things'.
Right, but should I get a blackberry or an iphone?

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Arcus

The only thing we can be sure of, human nature to fear, I have had numerous near death/out of body style experiences though, and they're fairly dull.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:18 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
Right, but should I get a blackberry or an iphone?
blackberry. your a top boy whether impermanent or not.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:19 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus
The only thing we can be sure of, human nature to fear, I have had numerous near death/out of body style experiences though, and they're fairly dull.
I had my life flash before my eyes when I was bleeding to death. It was £#%&!ing incredible. Calmed me right down when I thought it was all about to end and put a smile right on my face.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:21 AM
user_name

Quote:
blackberry. your a top boy whether impermanent or not.
Nothing transcends time and space like a Blackberry Bold with a 12gb v chip.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Arcus

Thumbs up

Quote:
I had my life flash before my eyes when I was bleeding to death. It was £#%&!ing incredible. Calmed me right down when I thought it was all about to end and put a smile right on my face.
The same happened to me when I was attacked a few years ago in Greece, I felt my mum put her hands on my face, bit strange really.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Stone Monkey

Death is the ultimate gift.

Without death we would never value life.

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:40 AM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus
The same happened to me when I was attacked a few years ago in Greece, I felt my mum put her hands on my face, bit strange really.
So whats the story here?

Do you get all warm and feel like everything is going to be ok and accept what's coming?

And the phrase "life flashed before my eyes" I've never quite grasped what that meant. Does that literally mean you sort of see your lifes story?

Unread 09-06-2009, 01:57 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
And the phrase "life flashed before my eyes" I've never quite grasped what that meant. Does that literally mean you sort of see your lifes story?
for me it was just like an intense slide show featuring loads of different moments from my life. many friends, girlfriends, fights, sports fields, raves, etc. must have been over 100 slides flashing in quick succession. at that moment in time I really thought I was a goner (severed the major vein in my left wrist and had been spurting blood for a while when the 'doctors' told me there was nothing they could do and were shitting it.). Then I had that experience, and I just relaxed, waiting for the inevitable with a smile on my face, knowing that I had done more in my short life (was about 22 at the time) than 99% of any other humans ever would do. It was really a great moment, and if I am honest I've probably been £#%&!ing lazy ever since I had that thought....

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:02 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Death is the ultimate gift.

Without death we would never value life.
As £#%&!ed up as that sounds, it's spot on. In a weird way.

Quote:
for me it was just like an intense slide show featuring loads of different moments from my life. many friends, girlfriends, fights, sports fields, raves, etc. must have been over 100 slides flashing in quick succession. at that moment in time I really thought I was a goner (severed the major vein in my left wrist and had been spurting blood for a while when the 'doctors' told me there was nothing they could do and were shitting it.). Then I had that experience, and I just relaxed, waiting for the inevitable with a smile on my face, knowing that I had done more in my short life (was about 22 at the time) than 99% of any other humans ever would do. It was really a great moment, and if I am honest I've probably been £#%&!ing lazy ever since I had that thought....
How did you severe your wrist mate?

My mum, when 12, put her wrist through a glass door. She ran into it by accident, the blood even reached the ceiling apparently.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:08 AM
BarryX

Quote:

How did you severe your wrist mate?

My mum, when 12, put her wrist through a glass door. She ran into it by accident, the blood even reached the ceiling apparently.
Ditto, just about. I had a box of records under my arm and was walking out an apartment. Don't know how it went down, whether I lost my balance or the door caught a gust of wind, but I just recall seeing it coming towards me. Put my hand up instinctively, and it ended up going through a double glassed panel. Blood hit the ceiling at some speed - looked like a horror movie in there. It healed up no problem though, and I can still knock one out left handed like the best of them.

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:11 AM
koppas

Quote:
Ditto, just about. I had a box of records under my arm and was walking out an apartment. Don't know how it went down, whether I lost my balance or the door caught a gust of wind, but I just recall seeing it coming towards me. Put my hand up instinctively, and it ended up going through a double glassed panel. Blood hit the ceiling at some speed - looked like a horror movie in there. It healed up no problem though, and I can still knock one out left handed like the best of them.

Seriously though, that's harsh. I would've shit myself. My mum has got a massive scar where they had to stitch it up (obviously) but just the thought of my wrist being cut makes me go all cold.

Glad you survived though and fulfilled your purpose of a decent forumista.
Closed Thread