Closed Thread

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

bore off back to ideas central on the other side you £#%&!ing £#%&!er

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by united1878
Better than Nani and Park ? Haven't seen too much of him.
Significantly better than both.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Pretty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=79

i quite like him, proper direct winger, but he prefers to play on the right and we desperately someone for the left imo.
Tosic

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Significantly better than both.
i dont think there is much between him and nani personally.

nani had a poor season but is seriously be underrated because of it.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Alan

I've heard that he's been a madrid fan since he was a kid

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I've heard that he's been a madrid fan since he was a kid
hasn't everyone?

Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by united1878
Better than Nani and Park ? Haven't seen too much of him.
It's not always about being better, it's about offering something different. Park will always have a place in this squad because he does his job very well.

Nani is almost certainly on his way out and tbh, I'm quite happy with that. Playing for United is a privileged that he seem to take lightly.

I'd be very happy to see Ronaldo and Valencia on the wings. They can both play either wing so could be switched during the game. Valencia also does a decent job in the middle.

With Tosic and Park as backup, Rooney should never have to play on the wing again and we can £#%&! Tevez off (don't get me started!). If we got £8m for Nani, it'd be good business all things considered.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I think as supporters we need to forget all about transfer prices now, at least this season. Because of City, Chelsea and the reformed Galacticos at Madrid, anyone we want, regardless of how good they are, will have their price doubled at least.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Pretty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
It's not always about being better, it's about offering something different. Park will always have a place in this squad because he does his job very well.

Nani is almost certainly on his way out and tbh, I'm quite happy with that. Playing for United is a privileged that he seem to take lightly.

I'd be very happy to see Ronaldo and Valencia on the wings. They can both play either wing so could be switched during the game. Valencia also does a decent job in the middle.

With Tosic and Park as backup, Rooney should never have to play on the wing again and we can £#%&! Tevez off (don't get me started!). If we got £8m for Nani, it'd be good business all things considered.
People say this, but did you hear what he said when linked with Inter? Talked about how playing for United was such a great opporunity, and that he wouldnt let it pass.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy
People say this, but did you hear what he said when linked with Inter? Talked about how playing for United was such a great opporunity, and that he wouldnt let it pass.
Nani's going nowhere. Im certain that he'll be here for at least another 4 seasons, and you can quote me on that. £#%&!ing perch.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy
It's %@#$&!s. He's going nowhere, certainly not in the near future anyway.

As for transfer prices, United have to pay way over the odds for anyone they purchase from within the PL, so the transfer fee should be ignored in every case, if he is a player the manager wants, so be it.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Pretty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Nani's going nowhere. Im certain that he'll be here for at least another 4 seasons, and you can quote me on that. £#%&!ing perch.
Fergie did say something similar, he seems to see the potential in Nani.

If Madrid are so certain of getting Ron/Ribery/Silva they wouldnt have even bidded.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Lok

£16m isn't much any more. With the exchange rate, it wouldn't get us much from Europe. All things considered (premiership experience, already lives in the area), Madrid sniffing about) it's a decent price. He wont want much in wages either.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
fergie shouldnt be given money to spend if he is going to continue to recent poor transfer dealings.

in the last year

berbatov = 30m
de laet = 4m
tosic and ljajic = 14m

and now valencia 16m

thats £64m.

added to the fact hargreaves cost 17m and has no return date.
Tosic and Ljajic, 14m for 2 players that could be worth 20m each in future years, you dont know yet.

De Laet was 500k.

Berbatov, probably only worth 15-20 but you've got to ignore transfer prices at the moment.

And for you to call Berbatov shit, bit ridiculous isnt it? I mean hes obviously not a shit player.

MUFC One Love

Any talk of his preference? You'd think he'd wanna go Madrid being South American.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
£16m isn't much any more. With the exchange rate, it wouldn't get us much from Europe. All things considered (premiership experience, already lives in the area), Madrid sniffing about) it's a decent price. He wont want much in wages either.
£16m is the new £8m

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Any talk of his preference? You'd think he'd wanna go Madrid being South American.
The word was United in May, happy where he is, wants to conquer the PL.

Of course when the options are actually presented that may change.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£16m is the new £8m
its good job we arent signing alan smith this summer

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
You'd think that Brucey will have had a word with him before he left, told him about the delights of playing for United.

Lets face it, it depends on what kind of a person he is. If he wants mega wages but a regular place on the bench, he'll go to Madrid.

If he cares about football, wants to play for the premiership champions, and has some sense, he'll come to us.

I know that if i was him, and id seen the amount of players Madrid were being linked with, i'd choose United.

Unread 07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's %@#$&!s. He's going nowhere, certainly not in the near future anyway.

As for transfer prices, United have to pay way over the odds for anyone they purchase from within the PL, so the transfer fee should be ignored in every case, if he is a player the manager wants, so be it.
Not quite sure why you are certain he isn't going anywhere.

At times this season he hasn't even made the bench, and that has been when we have had the added benefit of 7 subs.

Tosic has been signed.

We have now bid for Valencia.

Ljajic will be coming in January and will probably be playing out wide at times.

Nani has had limited opportunities this season, and that is without Tosic being involved, Valencia or Ljajic. I don't see where Nani fits into the picture. He has 3 years left on his contract, and i'd be surprised if he is given a new one. Which means he'll be £#%&!ed off this summer or next, whilst he still has value.
Closed Thread