United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

How long have you been supporting United?

We don't work like that :shakehead:
That's true enough but in recent years the transfers have been much slicker & this time I expect it to be the same......aiways supposing that the Glazers decide to use some of the £80m for transfers

Unread 11-06-2009, 03:33 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Nearly every player will go for the ££££. Don't be so naive.
Did Kaka go to city for the money?

Did Berbatov go to city for the money?

city will sign players who are interested in the pound signs no doubt but if it is a genuine decent player who really wants to win trophies you really think he will join city ahead of United. They wont be short of a few bob if they join us now will they. If we go head to head with city for any players I'll bet that more end up at OT than the council house.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
That's true enough but in recent years the transfers have been much slicker & this time I expect it to be the same......aiways supposing that the Glazers decide to use some of the £80m for transfers
WTF are you on about?

Anderson and Nani I'll give you, the rest have been £#%&!ing abysmal.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Fat Al

You are also assuming that the entire £80 million transfer fee will be used for buying players.

Fat £#%&!ing chance.

1. The debt. It hasn't gone away you know.

2. Depends on the structure of the deal. The original Beckham deal was spread out over 4 years.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:15 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
WTF are you on about?

Anderson and Nani I'll give you, the rest have been £#%&!ing abysmal.
How many players have we missed out on?

Vidic & Evra weren't any problem.

Spurs said on many occasions that they would not sell Berbatov & Carrick but we got the players.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
You are also assuming that the entire £80 million transfer fee will be used for buying players.

Fat £#%&!ing chance.

2. Depends on the structure of the deal. The original Beckham deal was spread out over 4 years.
1. True, but £#%&! it. Can't service it if the team isn't competitive.

2. All in one lump sum. Allegedly.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
How many players have we missed out on?

Vidic & Evra weren't any problem.

Spurs said on many occasions that they would not sell Berbatov & Carrick but we got the players.
I didn't say we had missed out on players, you implied our deals would already have been done quietly and effectively. With the exception of Anderson and Nani we have almost never done transfer business quietly and efficiently.

Including Evra and Vidic, they took a few weeks to sort out.

Therefore the chances that United have done anything about getting in replacements are seriously remote.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Fat £#%&!ing chance.

Point has already been made about how much if any will be used for incoming transfers.

The structure of the deal doesn't really have much of a bearing on the issue as almost all big transdfers fees are paid in accordence with UEFA regulations, which usually is the length of the players contract so payments for any incoming transfers would be the same .

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
I didn't say we had missed out on players, you implied our deals would already have been done quietly and effectively. With the exception of Anderson and Nani we have almost never done transfer business quietly and efficiently.

Including Evra and Vidic, they took a few weeks to sort out.

Therefore the chances that United have done anything about getting in replacements are seriously remote.
Well neither of us can actually prove who's right or wrong so we'll have to wait & see

But that said I suspect that United have known for almost a year that they were going to sell Ronaldo so they will have made plans & have deal(s) for a replacement or replacements in place.

Unread 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ronnie has to agree terms first. a formality, you'd think, but united will do it in the correct order.

ribery is on the way. £#%&!wits will be upset until they actually watch him play. by november we'll have the first 'are united a better side without ronaldo' stories in the meedja. by christmas the english media will be including him in the same bracket as messi and ronaldo.
already been photographed in a United shirt....BM are furious

Unread 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
already been photographed in a United shirt....BM are furious

Closed Thread