United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2009, 02:43 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Did Simmons ever get the pasting he was promised?
Yes.

Unread 06-06-2009, 02:44 PM
sullers

I don't think he deserved a pasting. He just abused a footballer the way we have before, it's just apart of the game.

He got his from Eric. That should've been it. Last I heard he started to watch Fulham anyway.

Unread 06-06-2009, 02:46 PM
shenwen

living in glasgow. sportsnight. des lynam started the show saying something very interesting lay ahead. I sat through the highlights getting stoned with a morroccan mate waiting for a spectacular goal and then......

Unread 06-06-2009, 03:02 PM
koppas

In all seriousness, I think he did get a pasting from a group of blokes.

Unread 06-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Baron

I was 15, listening to Jonathan Pearce on Capital Gold on the shittest little portable stereo in my room, Pearce was going to explode, I mean he was properly losing it & for a few mins I had no idea what had actually happened. Eventually cleared up, I was gob smacked, ran downstairs & told my old man, who promptly said he didn't give a shit.

Great days at school after that, loads of kung-£#%&!icks in every game we played

Unread 06-06-2009, 03:09 PM
no fun

3 days after my dad died........a mate was round at my house, we watched match of the day and agreed cantona would nevr play in england again....remember at my dads funeral on the friday of that week quite a few red mates feeling the same

Unread 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Stickman

Thought he was finished in England for absolute certain. I was 11 at the time..

Were they chanting 'you dirty foreign bastard' towards the end?...£#%&! me

The closest Eric ever went to going that mental previously was Galatasary in Istanbul, he was making that Turkish crowd go £#%&!ing insane.

Unread 06-06-2009, 04:54 PM
marlo

i cant honestly remember how i felt at all

looking back at that video. what a top boy team we had then. keane, ince, cole, cantona...

Unread 06-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Littlejohn shouted down anyone defending Eric on his Sky News phone-in a couple of days later. He said that Simmons was just sitting in the front row of the family stand minding his own business. He said Eric was just typical arrogant United scum like paul Ince and Ferguson.

A United fan told him he was talking %@#$&!s and that Simmons had run down 11 rows of seasts to confront Cantona and then shit himself when Eric gave him some back.

After the break Littlejohn calmed down cus he'd been shown up for the clueless abu London @#%&! he is.

Looking back it's still gob-smacking to think he'd have gone down for it but for a last ditch commuting of the sentence

Unread 06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Littlejohn shouted down anyone defending Eric on his Sky News phone-in a couple of days later. He said that Simmons was just sitting in the front row of the family stand minding his own business. He said Eric was just typical arrogant United scum like paul Ince and Ferguson.

A United fan told him he was talking %@#$&!s and that Simmons had run down 11 rows of seasts to confront Cantona and then shit himself when Eric gave him some back.

After the break Littlejohn calmed down cus he'd been shown up for the clueless abu London @#%&! he is.

Looking back it's still gob-smacking to think he'd have gone down for it but for a last ditch commuting of the sentence
media bastards

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:34 PM
originalhogg

Remember some old @#%&! in the local paper saying how if he was paid 15K a week he wouldnt mind be called all the names under the sun, senile old @#%&!, wanted to find out where he lived and call him a @#%&! meself to see what he'd do!!!

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i cant honestly remember how i felt at all

looking back at that video. what a top boy team we had then. keane, ince, cole, cantona...
Cantona left before the Treble so no wonder you don't remember.

Unread 06-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Zorg

He's my favourite hero ever, no-one else comes close, but that cost us the title, even the Double, that year without question.

Unread 06-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

you have to wonder how it must have felt lining up against us back then.

Bruce, keane, ince, hughes, cantona, McClair, Irwin all magnificent players but right £#%&!ing hard, physical bastards as well.

"right lads, let's get stuck into this lot"

"er, we're trying to boss"
Closed Thread