Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Default With our stature we shouldn't be a feeder club

Beckham
Ruud
Heinze
Ronaldo

All engineered their own moves away to those lot. What the £#%&! is it?

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Macca1990

I still miss Ruud

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
armchair

We're not a feeder club at all. You're taking it too hard. Would you call AC a feeder club?

We shouldn't really have got Ronaldo in the first place. Think about that and the value we got out of him.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Ether

I think it has something to with our climate unfortunately. I just don't think we'll ever be the most attractive club in the world for some players, however good we are.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Beckham
Ruud
Heinze

Mr_Ed

I think only Ronnie really wanted to go there - we didn't miss any of the others...

Ronnie supported them as a kid... if some midfield prodigy was a United fan and dreamed of coming to us (forget Essien in this) and wanted to then you'd be more than happy.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Sparky***

All of those, bar Ronaldo, involved players past their prime who had either fallen out with the manager or in the case of heinze, been replaced by a better player.

And ronaldo has gone for an absolute obscene amount of money. £80m. Eighty £#%&!ing million quid. Just think about that.

Stickman

Fergie wanted rid of all of them except Ronaldo.

And weve won that little battle getting 80M from them.

80! ffs

thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I think it has something to with our climate unfortunately. I just don't think we'll ever be the most attractive club in the world for some players, however good we are.
nail & head

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:08 AM
toseeunited

we paid £12M for him and sold him for £80M = £68M made on a player, who has given us 6 years of £#%&!ing joy-to-watch football, as well as helping us to 3 league's in a row and another European Cup

Once we've made some signings and the season kicks off we'll be reet

Also - either us, the renters, dippers or Arsenal will do them in the CL next year anyway, and they won't beat Barca to the league so

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Beckham
Ruud
Heinze
Ronaldo

They're obviously picking the wrong players from us then, as their feeder club keeps outperforming them.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They're obviously picking the wrong players from us then, as their feeder club keeps outperforming them.
Spot on.

I'll be more worried when they come calling for Rio, Fletcher and Sheasy.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

Also - either us, the renters, dippers or Arsenal will do them in the CL next year anyway, and they won't beat Barca to the league so
wouldn't put any money on either of those scenarios

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:19 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
well £#%&!ing said

feeder club my arse

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think only Ronnie really wanted to go there - we didn't miss any of the others...

Ronnie supported them as a kid... if some midfield prodigy was a United fan and dreamed of coming to us (forget Essien in this) and wanted to then you'd be more than happy.
No he didn't.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:22 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Beckham
Ruud
Heinze
Ronaldo

what have we had out of them then 120 million?

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:31 AM
thatsfuctit

this says we are getting the 80m in one lump some and ronnie starts on 9.5m per season at real

no brainer all round.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:38 AM
BarryX

Any aspiring top of their game pro will look at Beckham's journey and consider trying to follow it. He is (or was now) far and away the best paid football player on the planet. Even when not at his prime, with a lot of better players plying their trade, he was making the most money. By a £#%&!ing long way.

Ronaldo can have 4/5 years in Spain (building his spanish speaking world fanbase) and may also end up in America (depending on the state of soccer and the US economy in 5 years time).

why's would he do this ? it's not because he supported them as a kid, or loves the game so much he wants to get more soccer mums down to their local five a side pitch. no sir. he's doing it for the cool, hard, cash, and not many people I can think of would do it differently.

would Utd pay similar amounts in wages/golden handcuffs to keep players here, knowing how much they will get paid travelling around ? Image rights through the £#%&!ing roof, I tell thee

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
No he didn't.
Allegedly... He always said it was his dream to play in Spain...
Closed Thread