United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So singing '£#%&! the Pope and the IRA' is sectarianism (or whatever it is)?

Just sounds like people who don't like the IRA and disagree with having Religious leader in white robes to me.
Don't worry your little head love - this thread was aimed at people with a thinking facility. Your contributions thus far have ruled you out.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
You're getting two digs now private piles.
Seriously though, you come on here thinking your John J Rambo just because you used to shoot women and kids from your ivory tower. But when it's just down to you and me on a rainy Friday evening at a busstop with no weapons, you would be out cold before you can say 'Please Fuzzy, no more, I've got a plastic skull cap'.
in all seriousness i think fuzzy could do bunker, bunker was only an engineer or something in the army werent he? not as if he was some hard as nails front line guy

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Don't worry your little head love - this thread was aimed at people with a thinking facility. Your contributions thus far have ruled you out.
No mate. Just an Atheist with a strong dislike for all Religions.

I personally wouldn't have sang it, and fully understand the connotations of singing it, but find it interesting to point out the simple mindedness of those that are offended by it.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
in all seriousness i think fuzzy could do bunker, bunker was only an engineer or something in the army werent he? not as if he was some hard as nails front line guy
He was a chef.

Spiffy

Quote:
Now I am really confused.

Are you taking offence to people not liking the Pope?
I'm a proud Englishman who happens to be a proddy. I think it's disgusting slagging off the Pope. If it was a muslim leader they were criticising they'd have been arrested. Why do we consider it acceptable to ridicule religious leaders just because we dont believe in them ourselves? If they were a predominently black club would it be OK to take the piss out of their colour? No. Somethings are beyond the pale and race, religion are two of them.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
He was a chef.
Come to think of it he does remind me a bit of George Costanza's dad.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Ether

Quote:
He was a chef.
The Steven Seagal kind? Or the Ainsley Harriot kind?

Ginners

Quote:
He was a chef.
seriously? i didnt know that. i know he likes his cooking but judging on his below-par masterfred entries i never thought in a million years he would have been paid to cook for humans.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

I personally wouldn't have sang it, and fully understand the connotations of singing it, but find it interesting to point out the simple mindedness of those that are offended by it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'm a proud Englishman who happens to be a proddy. I think it's disgusting slagging off the Pope. If it was a muslim leader they were criticising they'd have been arrested. Why do we consider it acceptable to ridicule religious leaders just because we dont believe in them ourselves? If they were a predominently black club would it be OK to take the piss out of their colour? No. Somethings are beyond the pale and race, religion are two of them.
Good post Sniffer. I think I can understand Dunk's point but it's very naive.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

My earlier point still stands.

You don't get it.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
seriously? i didnt know that. i know he likes his cooking but judging on his below-par masterfred entries i never thought in a million years he would have been paid to cook for humans.
He was cooking for squaddies mate.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
He was cooking for squaddies mate.
ah, makes sense.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Coracao

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Last night "£#%&! the Pope and the IRA" sung with alarming frequency by some of our clueless away following. Some facts

a. Get a grip and read up on the heritage of our club and
b. We've NEVER done sectarianism EVER

An all time £#%&!ing low.

Mind you Celtic fans roaming the streets singing "You can stick your £#%&!ing poppies up your arse" pushes us close.
Catholic by any chance?

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He's gone very quiet, I hope he's not having a flash back to the war.

'The dishes, nobody washed the dishes!'

'I need 10ccs of margarine stat, bunker, eyes on the prize, don't go fubar on me now'

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He's gone very quiet, I hope he's not having a flash back to the war.

'The dishes, nobody washed the dishes!'

'I need 10ccs of margarine stat, bunker, eyes on the prize, don't go fubar on me now'
He's typing out a monster riposte I reckon. 200 .......'s at least.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Catholic by any chance?
Yes. But more importantly I'm a Manchester United supporter.

The fun loving Protestants I was with were cringing as well.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
He was a chef.
I wouldnt say someone who peels spuds is a chef.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

Great post . Was at the game last night and around Glasgow yesterday, the pondlife among our support continues to grow. Racism, sectarianism etc wouldn't have happened with United 15 years ago. Now it's par for the course. There is definitely an element that were just singing it to wind Celtic up but that's hardly justification.

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

an incredible own goal by a moronic section of our support, left me feeling very uncomfortable.....all a bit Chelsea

and now we have given the moral high ground to Celtic fans....that's a first

hope it is never repeated

£#%&! the Old Firm and getting dragged down to their level

Unread 06-11-2008, 05:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Great post . Was at the game last night and around Glasgow yesterday, the pondlife among our support continues to grow. Racism, sectarianism etc wouldn't have happened with United 15 years ago. Now it's par for the course. There is definitely an element that were just singing it to wind Celtic up but that's hardly justification.
thankfully we avoided the pondlife because I knew exactly how they would act up, this isn't a new thing the deterioration in Euro aways started at nantes a few years back with the singing of little Inglander songs such as No Surrender to the IRA

btw a section of United fans were just as racist as other clubs in the 70s/ early 80s
Closed Thread