Unread 21-08-2018, 02:44 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
ffs

Unread 21-08-2018, 02:51 PM
croberts

Two games into the season ffs.

This is fairly simple. The club isn't run by football men, and haven't supported Mou this summer despite giving him a vote of confidence and contract extension last year.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks things will magically change if Jose goes We have glaring holes, most notably in defense, which need to be addressed regardless of manager. Quit £#%&!ing crying and reassess in January after an actual run of games. Might be in the same place we are now, or even worse, but not sure what him leaving now accomplishes.

Unread 21-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts

This is fairly simple. The club isn't run by football men, and haven't supported Mou this summer despite giving him a vote of confidence and contract extension last year.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks things will magically change if Jose goes We have glaring holes, most notably in defense, which need to be addressed regardless of manager. Quit £#%&!ing crying and reassess in January after an actual run of games. Might be in the same place we are now, or even worse, but not sure what him leaving now accomplishes.
It's not two games in, it's two years in.

Is the football better than the very first match against Bournemouth when we won 3-1?

Do you think he's getting the best out of any of the players he has? Are we as a good a side as we can be?

List some things we're better at than when he came in.

Unread 21-08-2018, 02:55 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It's not two games in, it's two years in.

Is the football better than the very first match against Bournemouth when we won 3-1?

Do you think he's getting the best out of any of the players he has? Are we as a good a side as we can be?

List some things we're better at than when he came in.
Ruining players.

Unread 21-08-2018, 02:56 PM
croberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Torn between options 2 and 3.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
We have glaring holes, most notably in defense, which need to be addressed regardless of manager.
he bought the two cbs that played on sunday.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Simple - go at Christmas. In the middle of the two.

Should've been an option - and one which WILL happen.

Will be a superb Christmas present, nqat.
true dat.

bearing in mind "wish he'd never come" isn't practical, the options should be:
(a) now?
(b) how about now?
(c) now, then?
(d) mummy, mummy, mummy... mum, mum.... mummy. now?

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:34 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:

I'm not sure why anyone thinks things will magically change if Jose goes We have glaring holes, most notably in defense, which need to be addressed regardless of manager. Quit f***ing crying and reassess in January after an actual run of games. Might be in the same place we are now, or even worse, but not sure what him leaving now accomplishes.
Not supported him as in not prepared to spend 130-140 million on two MORE players that will turn 30 this season and it seems second choice Maguire only got on his list after the World Cup games which would make any director suspicious.

The board are @#%&!s but let's not make out Mourinho is a victim.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:37 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he bought the two cbs that played on sunday.
Fact.
However, I'm sure that Bailly made a great start in his first couple of months for us. If I'm not imagining it, I have to wonder why he's turned to crap.
Lindelof has never looked the part in his games for us. But he's another that looked like a different player in the World Cup.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
Fact.
However, I'm sure that Bailly made a great start in his first couple of months for us. If I'm not imagining it, I have to wonder why he's turned to crap.
Lindelof has never looked the part in his games for us. But he's another that looked like a different player in the World Cup.
Not hard to work out is it?

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
Fact.
bailly has always been an impetuously lunging vidic tackler. he'll be fine if he's not exposed playing next to an invisible big girl's blouse.

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Kangared

Will see what happens Monday night. The optimist in me is hoping it was just a bad day , one of those rare occasions when everyone plays shit. This is a great test for us & glad we are playing a decent team. Another complete failure like on Sunday & it will be hard to find anybody supporting him staying, but a solid performance & result & then we go from there.

Still haven’t seen a viable option that’s available who will have us playing this attacking football everybody is demanding

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Wouldn't be totally shocked to see us beat Spurs, but the depressing thing is that I don't think it would change anything fundamental.

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Wouldn't be totally shocked to see us beat Spurs, but the depressing thing is that I don't think it would change anything fundamental.
Yep. This is basically a huge warning sign. Even if things pick up at some point, which they could, I expect this to end up proving a telling indicator of the problems there are. The disconnect between Mourinho and both the club and the players is something that is probably irreparable and will resurface again before long. His authority has been almost entirely undermined.

Although if it goes the way it did at Chelsea he'll be gone by Autumn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Will see what happens Monday night. The optimist in me is hoping it was just a bad day , one of those rare occasions when everyone plays shit. This is a great test for us & glad we are playing a decent team. Another complete failure like on Sunday & it will be hard to find anybody supporting him staying, but a solid performance & result & then we go from there.

Still haven’t seen a viable option that’s available who will have us playing this attacking football everybody is demanding
In fairness you don't know anything about football outside the Prem, pal. Your own admission etc.

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. This is basically a huge warning sign. Even if things pick up at some point, which they could, I expect this to end up proving a telling indicator of the problems there are. The disconnect between Mourinho and both the club and the players is something that is probably irreparable and will resurface again before long. His authority has been almost entirely undermined.

Although if it goes the way it did at Chelsea he'll be gone by Autumn.

In fairness you don't know anything about football outside the Prem, pal. Your own admission etc.
I do watch a fair bit of football, but unlike you I don’t pretend that makes me any kind of expert. Enlighten me, who are these coaches that could turn us around

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:53 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Exactly.
It wasn't just one bad game on Sunday. It may have been the worst, but it's not just one game.
We've been poor in so many games.
FA Cup Final - no shots on target in the first half. That performance was a disgrace for a United team in a final at Wembley.
Before that? I barely remember the games last season after Sevilla.
It's been awful, I don't know how we managed 2nd and I don't see it improving.

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I do watch a fair bit of football, but unlike you I don’t pretend that makes me any kind of expert. Enlighten me, who are these coaches that could turn us around
Dunno. But I assume there are a few out there. Other clubs seem to find them.

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Dunno. But I assume there are a few out there. Other clubs seem to find them.
Sarri would've been my pick. Too late now, as is becoming increasingly usual for United.

Unread 21-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

There’s been a dozen managers mentioned on here in the last few days...
Closed Thread