United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:08 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
De Gea will comfortably be the best in the league before the end of the season if played week in week out. Not even a doubt.
He wants out to Madrid, according to some rag this morning

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He wants out to Madrid, according to some rag this morning
Yep, supposedly because he changed agents to Mendes. Which is something I thought had happened before we signed him?

I just checked Casillas's age. He's 31 Been around for Ł#%&!ing ever and says he wants to play for Madrid until he's 40, which he should be more than capable of.

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Cech is utterly toilet for a top 'keeper, flaps at everything & kicks like Bosnich's deformed brother. Was once truly brilliant, now just a shadow of that player & I expect him to be replaced by Courtois next summer nqat.
Cech's got all kinds of problems. He clearly pulls out of some challenges, his footwork is a mess, his weight is on his heels. He's got exceptional reflexes for a big man, which has kept him in a job, but I agree with you - Courtois' rate of improvement has been impressive and I'm sure Chelsea have been paying attention. Won't be long.

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:35 AM
taff

i personally think hart is overrated, but he'd be up there. great reflexes, even if his concentration is appalling at times and he's not as good as he thinks he is.

de gea, even if only in terms of potential.

krul, although there's something about him i don't like. seems like one of these who'll decline over the course of his career except for two stellar games a season against us. Ł#%&! off back to the arcade fire you goon.

friedel i respect for his longevity and his sustained level of performance, even if he's not quite where he was.

i like al-habsi at wigan, pure shot-stopper but great to watch.

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i like al-habsi at wigan, pure shot-stopper but great to watch.
He's really a hell of a good keeper. If he develops a bit, Wigan won't be able to hold onto him.

One question mark about Hart long-term is he looks like he has a fatty inside, trying to get out.

Unread 22-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

De Gea will comfortably be the best in the league before the end of the season if played week in week out. Not even a doubt.

^^^

This guy..........

Unread 22-10-2012, 03:44 AM
M-13

bonetti
banks
sprake
stepney
Lawrence

Unread 22-10-2012, 08:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's really a hell of a good keeper. If he develops a bit, Wigan won't be able to hold onto him.

One question mark about Hart long-term is he looks like he has a fatty inside, trying to get out.
Could do a Paul Robinson, hopefully.

Unread 22-10-2012, 09:43 AM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's only played 2 games this season so not even in the discussion for me. He was good last season though.

The op didnt say who are the best 5 currently. you cant take away from him just because he is injured.

THis time last year id have had him up there with hart. Hart seems to have improved a bit more though whereas sceszny has stood still.

When fit he is a brilliant keeper and still very young.

Unread 22-10-2012, 09:47 AM
magic_cantona

Hart
Krul
De Hayoh
Friedel
Begovic

Unread 22-10-2012, 12:18 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Hart
Krul
De Hayoh
Friedel
Begovic

Unread 22-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
The op didnt say who are the best 5 currently. you cant take away from him just because he is injured.

THis time last year id have had him up there with hart. Hart seems to have improved a bit more though whereas sceszny has stood still.

When fit he is a brilliant keeper and still very young.
It's not just that. He started to make mistakes toward the end of last season and was awful at the Euros. He even admitting that he sometimes lost focus during games - astonishing thing to admit (article spoilered if you want to read it). I agree that at his BEST he's right up there, but he hasn't been at his best for a time, and hasn't played long enough (only one full season) to overlooked a run of poor form.

Spoiler:
click to showhide
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has revealed he often has difficulty keeping his focus in less high-profile matches against unglamorous opponents. The outspoken Pole admits he sometimes struggles to maintain his concentration in games against less illustrious opponents and reveals he wants to spend his career at Arsenal.

The Pole silenced calls for boss Arsene Wenger to go out and sign a new goalkeeper when he broke into the first team in January 2011, stringing together a series of impressive performances.

But a number of high-profile errors in the second half of last season, combined with a shaky Euro 2012 with Poland, have dented Szczesny’s blooming reputation, and he admits he needs to work on his concentration.

“My biggest problem is not enough focus in the games without huge stakes. I can’t find the spark in myself,” Szczesny told The People. Szczesny is eager to improve this side of his game, as he wishes to remain with the North London side for the rest of his career.

Currently Szszesny is the undisputed No.1 keeper on the books at the Emirates, and the 22-year-old is determined to write his name into the history books at the club, in much the same way as Paul Scholes and Paolo Maldini have done at Manchester United and AC Milan respectively.

He added: “My ambition is to get a bigger contract at Arsenal. I admire players like Paul Scholes and Paolo Maldini, the ones that spent their whole career at one club. I dream of a similar scenario. I hope that when we sit down to have a chat 14 years from now it will be about my two decades at Arsenal.”
click to showhide

Unread 22-10-2012, 03:49 PM
The Return of JC

Friedel still comfortably the best in the league IMO. Cech not what he was, but still very good. I don't get Hart. I really don't. He's ok, nothing outstanding.

As for Krul. Nah! Total flavour of the month. Begovic is pretty decent.
Closed Thread