United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: do you reckon fergie should go at the end of the season and, if so, who do you want to replace him?
no, he should stay 33 28.95%
pep guardiola 15 13.16%
jose mourinho 49 42.98%
jurgen klopp 0 0%
joachim loew 0 0%
david moyes 3 2.63%
roberto martinez 0 0%
antonio conte 0 0%
rafa benitez 12 10.53%
somebody else (who?) 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Bors,

What about you pal?

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Blagger

Fergie to stay, Phelan to leave.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He could have bought dembele for 11m or whatever it was or a part ex with berbles. not doing was simply negligent/bizarre.
Yup- especially as everyone in the country can see it!

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

very, very strange that the midfield problem hasn't been sorted. i used to think it was down to money because of the glazers, but then how does that explain the money spent on other areas?

genuinely baffling.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Drexl

He can do what he wants for me.

He has enough good stuff under the bridge to allow him to turn up and do nothing but a big steaming log on the penno spot for the next x number of years.

We were shit before him. Everything we got over his tenure was down to him or his employment of others. Okay the footie is £#%&! at the moment, but super rich owners haven't helped matters.

Fregie in

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:34 PM
saffers

Want him to stay but he needs to replace Phelan and Meulenstein with 2 Fredsters. Decided by 2 polls, UFW style.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Think it's time to stand down... However due to the way the club is I expect whoever replaces him won't be able to turn it round... Especially with the financial stranglehold.
Most people on here could pick a better side than he does from the players available. United could win the league comfortably and challenge in all competitions if he picked the right players and had competent coaches.

I hate the glazers as much as anyone, but the financial situation isn't the problem, it's Cloughgerson.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
very, very strange that the midfield problem hasn't been sorted. i used to think it was down to money because of the glazers, but then how does that explain the money spent on other areas?

genuinely baffling.
The fact that we have midfielders on the books no matter how old, injured, shit or ill means that the @#%&!s won't fork out. Giggsy should retire.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:37 PM
VodkaAndCoke

He gave us success we can only ever dream of seeing again but just like we owe him a debt of gratitude for that, he owes it to himself to not stain that legacy by going on too long. It is time for him to step down.

And remember, we don't support Ferie, we support Manchester United.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Fergie to stay, Phelan to leave.
Just about sums it up. He is surrounded by yes men

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:38 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The fact that we have midfielders on the books no matter how old, injured, shit or ill means that the @#%&!s won't fork out. Giggsy should retire.
Well that's dealt with by fergie isn't it? It's not an ownership issue, fergie keeps playing them.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Want him to stay but he needs to replace Phelan and Meulenstein with 2 Fredsters. Decided by 2 polls, UFW style.
Would love to see Hark and No Fun as his assistants.

I agree completely with this - he needs better advice than he is currently receiving.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
why waste everyone's time with some royal rumble? it's 2 of s/side, watcher, or dunlop.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Knockers

We were the best supported club in the country before fergie turned up. You could argue we were bound to get our act together eventually whoever managed us. He should've gone post-Moscow but he'll deffo die in office now.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:45 PM
hopkins

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Just save time and make it an official Fergie out thread.
deploy the bedsheet

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:46 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Would love to see Hark and No Fun as his assistants.

I agree completely with this - he needs better advice than he is currently receiving.
You can't really imagine Phelan and Meulenstein standing up to the Ferg but you could with nofers and harkers. He needs to hear some new voices, not the same old arselicking from tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:53 PM
redandhappy

Ole would be my first choice. As long as he is given a few years no Knee jerk sackings if results don't work out. Could take him a few years to adjust the team to his own ideas but it will work out and could lead to another successful dynasty.

Unread 30-09-2012, 01:56 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yes.

Love the guy, love all he's done - he won't be bettered, ever. But now it's clear we've been going backwards and he can't see it.
exactly.

the job for his successor is hard as it is, frogson shouldn't be allowed to screw it up further for his successor

Unread 30-09-2012, 02:01 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Bors,

What about you pal?
i think it may be time and i'd like to see pep take over. whoever it is, it has to be somebody who will not be overawed and somebody who won't try and be fergie - that's why i think pep would be the right man, because he's got his own way of playing, he won't try to maintain what there is, he'll impose something fresh.

Unread 30-09-2012, 02:03 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Most people on here could pick a better side than he does from the players available. United could win the league comfortably and challenge in all competitions if he picked the right players and had competent coaches.

I hate the glazers as much as anyone, but the financial situation isn't the problem, it's Cloughgerson.
that's just £#%&!ing stupid. how many points did we (and city) drop last season? making out like we'd walk the league if not for fergie
Closed Thread