United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:26 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Perfect world an all that shit. It ain't though is it Watcher? It never will be either. We're all £#%&!ed.
I've never been better tbh.

But yea, football's an obscene £#%&!ing mess, nqat. Try not to worry about it too much.

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I've never been better tbh.

But yea, football's an obscene £#%&!ing mess, nqat. Try not to worry about it too much.
You have, stop lying to yourself.

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:34 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
You have, stop lying to yourself.
I noticed a dead pixel on my iPhone the other day. Ruined my afternoon. Later discovered it was only a spec of dust and all was right with the world again.

Shit me up for a moment though. £#%&!ing hell

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I noticed a dead pixel on my iPhone the other day. Ruined my afternoon. Later discovered it was only a spec of dust and all was right with the world again.

Shit me up for a moment though. £#%&!ing hell

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:39 PM
dunk

I thought UEFA had to ratify these deals to ensure they were fair market value or some shit?

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I thought UEFA had to ratify these deals to ensure they were fair market value or some shit?
UEFA don't give a shit though

They did until as has been widely pointed out the Platini family were sufficiently looked after...

Suddenly Michel went very quiet on the matter

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
UEFA don't give a shit though

They did until as has been widely pointed out the Platini family were sufficiently looked after...

Suddenly Michel went very quiet on the matter
The world is £#%&!ing bent.

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:45 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The deals are 'market value'. As long as they're not significantly greater than what other major clubs are bringing in, there's no issue as far as UEFA are concerned. Of course it's a complete nonsense because we all know, without their arab/oil sugar daddies, the likes of City and PSG would never be able to attract the sort of sponsorship deals the likes of United and Bayern can.

Also, I severely doubt any attempt by UEFA to block a commercial deal between a football club and a third party would hold up in court. Also, Platini's son now has a very well paid job at the Qatar Investment Authority. They're also 'investing' millions in housing projects and other such shit in the more dilapidated parts of Paris, so have plenty of political cover from the French government.

Unread 20-12-2012, 08:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
The deals are 'market value'. As long as they're not significantly greater than what other major clubs are bringing in, there's no issue as far as UEFA are concerned. Of course it's a complete nonsense because we all know, without their arab/oil sugar daddies, the likes of City and PSG would never be able to attract the sort of sponsorship deals the likes of United and Bayern can.

Also, I severely doubt any attempt by UEFA to block a commercial deal between a football club and a third party would hold up in court.
They should kick them out of the major completions then. It's £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. £150m a year from a tourist board ffs

Unread 20-12-2012, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Basically, football finally died when Qatar were given the 2022 World Cup :shakehead:

Unread 20-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Sparky***

what a joke. it'll all end in tears.

Unread 20-12-2012, 10:19 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Also, I severely doubt any attempt by UEFA to block a commercial deal between a football club and a third party would hold up in court. Also, Platini's son now has a very well paid job at the Qatar Investment Authority. They're also 'investing' millions in housing projects and other such shit in the more dilapidated parts of Paris, so have plenty of political cover from the French government.
City are doing the same in Manchester to a lesser degree. Enormous investments planned in east Manchester. That's why the city council are so far up their arses (it also helps that the senior management at the council are predominantly berts).

Not sure a call to arms from the traditional bigs clubs would carry much weight. What's traditional about united now we're owned by American debt monkeys? Liverpool too?

History aside, the only difference is that we don't have as much money as the others.

So we're left with our history. Pretty sure that Chelsea will be considered by most around the world to be a club of worldwide repute by now in what, 9 years? City are more than likely to follow suit and we helped them get there quicker by gifting them an fa cup and the league.

The best hope i think we have is for the Arab's to get bored and find a different sport to ruin. Unlikely anytime soon. That's why it's as depressing as it is.

Unread 20-12-2012, 10:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

I should add, merry christmas everyone.

Unread 21-12-2012, 03:03 AM
rafabio

They are not even trying to go step by step. Its like they want to show ffp is a laughing stock. City will be thinking how come they didn't do this.

Unread 21-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Sloppy

UEFA has fined Malaga 300,000 euros for an overdue bank balance & banned them from the next 4 Europa or Champions League competitions.

Unread 21-12-2012, 03:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
UEFA has fined Malaga 300,000 euros for an overdue bank balance & banned them from the next 4 Europa or Champions League competitions.
Easy to ban them, they aren't rich anymore...
Closed Thread