United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Kagawa stuns Manchester United with 'bleep test' performance

Quote:
If Extra Time's school days are anything to go by, it must be very daunting to join a new club.

However, it seems Shinji Kagawa had no troubles settling in when he rocked up to Old Trafford after stunning Sir Alex Ferguson and the Manchester United backroom staff with an impressive ‘bleep test’ display during training.

The new signing, who joined from Borussia Dortmund for a reported fee of around 12 million pounds in June, was able to take the test near to its highest level - which is the most impressive display by a United player since David Beckham left in 2003.

A ‘bleep test’ asks a player to run between a set distance before the allocated time gradually decreases, causing the participant to increase their speed.
Many wondered how United would replace the industry and work rate of Park Ji-Sung, who left to join QPR in a 2.5m pound deal in July, but it would appear the new midfielder has exactly what it takes to go the distance for his new side.

Kagawa has now been put on a program to increase his strength and help his adaptation to the Premier League since his aerobic capabilities are, obviously, not in question.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kagawa-...0601--sow.html

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Rhodzy

Why the £#%&! does he keep getting taken off early then.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Great. He'll be mis-used and falling over every time he runs in a couple of seasons

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:20 PM
RedMenace

Kagawa has been put on a programme "to coach any of that kind of impressiveness out of him".

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Fear not, Mick and Rene will soon have him puffing and blowing after an hour like the rest of them

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Why the £#%&! does he keep getting taken off early then.
because that's phelan's ''out to wings end of game plan''

if you're losing, you get it out the wings asap and cross it in for a clearance.

If you're winning you sit back and get it out to the wings and pass it back to the full backs.

the last thing he needs is some show pony trying to keep and move the ball about in the middle. Draining precious time the ball could be spent out wide.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Fear not, Mick and Rene will soon have him puffing and blowing after an hour like the rest of them
And get him terrified of trying ambitious passes and moving forward with the ball.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
And get him terrified of trying ambitious passes and moving forward with the ball.
Sideways is the new forward

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Tronics

so what score did he get?

last time i did it when i was 16 i got 12.5 and i was quite chubby then

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Coracao

Got to level 17 last time I did ot. Then we were told that we had a 2 minute break and had to do it again.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:29 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
so what score did he get?

last time i did it when i was 16 i got 12.5 and i was quite chubby then
23 or higher apparently

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Zorg

He's like a footballer version of Park.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
23 or higher apparently
bloody hell!

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Rumour has it Park got lost during the beep test.

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Easily QPRs best player so far this season fwiw

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Easily QPRs best player so far this season fwiw unno
:
true!

he actually looked quite good playing through the middle for City.

i know he was shit but it was a shame we didn't play him in his favoured position

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

can imagine phelan

listen here keito we'll have none of that namby pamby japanese/german industry here
get those pork pies down your neck and watch this video of gareth barry in action that's the key to success

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
23 or higher apparently
But surely it depends on the length. As far as I know there isn't a set distance between start and finish??

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
But surely it depends on the length. As far as I know there isn't a set distance between start and finish??
no matter what the length i bet none of the other shit@#%&!s made it past 18

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Sparky***

thought this was about swearing tbh.
Closed Thread