United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

this one could be a big mistake from ferguson

over-priced maybe, but a good age and obvious quality that, if he settles, will offset the loss of Yaya in January and give Mancini great flexibility to use Yaya more creatively the rest of the time... could prove to be their Mascherano as well, especially useful if Kompany continues to drop his level slowly back to normal as expected (by me)

if he's happy using someone like Carrick in the back line then that's another reason he should be looking at this player as well...

Unread 31-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
are there any teams left in the league who's midfield won't be capable of comfortably swatting ours aside this season?

Spurs, City, Liverpool, QPR...all managing all these midfield signings whilst admiral benson just places more blind faith in cleverley and anderson to lead us to glory!
City have got rid of one and brought two in, one of which is a vast improvement i'll give you that and the other is pretty much a nothing player who couldn't get into the Everton first team. Spurs do this every other season, weather AVB can get it to work is yet to be seen. Liverpool have brought in Joe Allen. QPR? Who gives a £#%&!.

Anything for a moan, have some rolleyes

Unread 31-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
City have got rid of one and brought two in, one of which is a vast improvement i'll give you that and the other is pretty much a nothing player who couldn't get into the Everton first team. Spurs do this every other season, weather AVB can get it to work is yet to be seen. Liverpool have brought in Joe Allen. QPR? Who gives a £#%&!.

Anything for a moan, have some rolleyes
Don't worry, i'll await you windmilling on everyone come February when we're hopelessly adrift and trying to paint another piss poor season as a much needed "kick up the arse".

Unread 31-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Don't worry, i'll await you windmilling on everyone come February when we're hopelessly adrift and trying to paint another piss poor season as a much needed "kick up the arse".
I just windmill on you tbh. If we're hopelessly adrift come Feb I will make sure my first born is conceived by me wearing a t shirt embezzled with your mug.

Unread 31-08-2012, 03:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

€20m plus €3m in variables

:shakehead:

Unread 31-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Pudge_Bear

Before we all start dooming - can we have a roll call of all the fredsters who have seen this chap play?

Now, with De Jong gone they have 4 recognised centre mids in their squad.

Yaya
Barry
Garcia
Rodwell

Absolutely nobody on this forum would be happy with that.

Unread 31-08-2012, 03:15 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Before we all start dooming - can we have a roll call of all the fredsters who have seen this chap play?

Now, with De Jong gone they have 4 recognised centre mids in their squad.

Yaya
Barry
Garcia
Rodwell

Absolutely nobody on this forum would be happy with that.
Seen him a couple of times in Europe last year and thought he was a decent player.

We've had a good look at him for the last 2 years.

Unread 31-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Seen him a couple of times in Europe last year and thought he was a decent player.

We've had a good look at him for the last 2 years.
I've taken the :shakehead: to mean you are unhappy we haven't been in for him at that fee?

To be honest, the in depth analysis of his strenghts and weaknesses you have presented me with has made your upset all the more clear.

Unread 31-08-2012, 03:41 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
I've taken the :shakehead: to mean you are unhappy we haven't been in for him at that fee?

To be honest, the in depth analysis of his strenghts and weaknesses you have presented me with has made your upset all the more clear.
Not arsed, he's a good solid defensive midfielder who's good in the tackle and can pass the ball but Manchester United don't buy central midfielder's.

It's a good fee (considering Henderson, Fletcher etc have gone for silly money) but more arsed that we've been watching him for two years and he's now available but we don't want him.

Unread 31-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I just windmill on you tbh. If we're hopelessly adrift come Feb I will make sure my first born is conceived by me wearing a t shirt embezzled with your mug.
I'll £#%&!ing hold you to that.

Unread 31-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Not arsed, he's a good solid defensive midfielder who's good in the tackle and can pass the ball but Manchester United don't buy central midfielder's.

It's a good fee (considering Henderson, Fletcher etc have gone for silly money) but more arsed that we've been watching him for two years and he's now available but we don't want him.
Maybe that's because we realised he isn't very good.

Let's wait and see. You're description of him sounds like a prime David Batty. Admit you don't have any idea of this guys style of play or what his strengths are and leave it there. Just because Borsuk has said he is good you don't have to assume we ae missing out here.

Unread 31-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Liu Jian

Doesn't matter, we have Petrucci to step up this season.

Unread 31-08-2012, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
are there any teams left in the league who's midfield won't be capable of comfortably swatting ours aside this season?

Spurs, City, Liverpool, QPR...all managing all these midfield signings whilst admiral benson just places more blind faith in cleverley and anderson to lead us to glory!
Dunno - but we will still finish ahead of the vast majority of them, even on a pessimistic scenario. Funny, that

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Tiberian

Spurs? The forum was weeping over their midfield options last year, Bale, Van Der Vaart, Modric, Parker, Huddlestone, Sandro, Lennon was yet another group that was ahead of Utd. Missing out on Parker() was another sign of Fergie being senile as well.

Swapping out Modric and Van Der Vaart for Moutinho and Dembele is an improvement though, 2 over-hyped luxury players for 2 talented grafters.

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:03 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Spurs? The forum was weeping over their midfield options last year, Bale, Van Der Vaart, Modric, Parker, Huddlestone, Sandro, Lennon was yet another group that was ahead of Utd. Missing out on Parker() was another sign of Fergie being senile as well.

Swapping out Modric and Van Der Vaart for Moutinho and Dembele is an improvement though, 2 over-hyped luxury players for 2 talented grafters.
Modric overhyped? £#%&!inghell.

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Yes, Modric is a good footballer, but too often goes missing when it matters. Anonymous in the run in last year when Spurs made an even worse hash of an advantageous position than Utd.

Redknapp takes a lot of the blame and rightly so but Modric as the key player also failed to perform. Spain might suit him when he will get a lot more time on the ball but I would not be too surprised if he flops. Hedging bets a little though

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Yes, Modric is a good footballer, but too often goes missing when it matters. Anonymous in the run in last year when Spurs made an even worse hash of an advantageous position than Utd.

Redknapp takes a lot of the blame and rightly so but Modric as the key player also failed to perform. Spain might suit him when he will get a lot more time on the ball but I would not be too surprised if he flops. Hedging bets a little though
Modric is a £#%&!ing great player.

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Modric is a £#%&!ing great player.
Did he ever really show that in the PL? Did he ever take charge of a match against Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and dominate when Spurs needed him to? Even against the almost universally derided Utd midfield he rarely excelled.

A very talented technical player, but lightweight for a 2 man midfield, and totally lacking a goal threat when pushed forward, 17 in 159 games for Spurs.

Unread 31-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Did he ever really show that in the PL? Did he ever take charge of a match against Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and dominate when Spurs needed him to? Even against the almost universally derided Utd midfield he rarely excelled.

A very talented technical player, but lightweight for a 2 man midfield, and totally lacking a goal threat when pushed forward, 17 in 159 games for Spurs.
pretty sure there must've been a few dribbles and the odd shot, plus some passes that could amount to him dominating us in the middle of the park

Closed Thread