United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

did saf really say park has been excellent in central midfield during his interview?

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

I'll be delighted if we completely ignore the midfield.

I'm delighted.

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
us not sitting back when we're in the lead
This, ffs.

No more going a goal up at places like Norwich, assuming it's won, conceding and having to rely on a last-minute winner to squeeze through.

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This, ffs.

No more going a goal up at places like Norwich, assuming it's won, conceding and having to rely on a last-minute winner to squeeze through.
tbh if we're relying on players in the late thirties to inspire, we can't depend on performing for 90 minutes. I think that's what we seen last season, bursts of great play following by knackered legs.

Unread 06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
ZiggyStardust

Would like to see us change to a formation that has 3 genuine midfield players which would allow us to have a fluid front 3 (and stick with this formation and style of play)

I want to see us start to press the opposition and stop the drop off defensive tactic. We have enough energetic young players to make this happen if we don’t play Giggs and Scholes at the same time.

Encourage our defenders and goalkeeper to always try to play from the back and not kick long balls down the field if an opposition player even suggests he may close you down. Too often last season I saw De Gea kicking it long when he has a great short passing game.

Make sure Welbeck, Cleverley and Rafael are regularly in the starting 11 and just play Jones in his natural position of Centre Back

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:10 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
winning trophies goes without saying, obviously, but what else?

i want to see

faith placed in welbeck and cleverley and consistent places in the first 11 for them
rafael consistently picked as first-choice right back
proper game time for petrucci and some of the other youngsters (cole in particular)
us not sitting back when we're in the lead
Except against Everton

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:11 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
did saf really say park has been excellent in central midfield during his interview?
Yes. And Park said Fergie has been excellent in his interviews

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:16 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Some game time for Berbie, perhaps against the lesser teams, to give the primary strike force a rest.

he'll get game time alright
but it wont be for us

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Baron

Here we go....

A complete overhaul of ideas, 2008 we had a squad that was capable of playing 3 or 4 different formations with ease, I don't want to see the death of 4-4-2, I just want to see 4-4-2 played when it will yield the best results (namely at home against shit teams). I want to see pace, interchanging of positions, intricate passing when in a tight spot - all of these £#%&!ing things we saw at the start of last season & then we utterly shit ourselves & reverted to what we knew. Including dragging that poor ginger genius out of retirement ffs. I want to see less of Scholes & Giggs, but I still want them to provide their best in shorter bursts, their influence on others to take up the mantle. I want to see Pea control a football, I want to see Park look like he can hit a shot without aping a 6 year old in his wellies, I want to see Nani play on the right, I want Ashley Young to not dive like a @#%&! & rather take a player on for ability instead of cheating, I want to see Smallling start at centre back, Rafael at right back, De Gea in nets all £#%&!ing season & Kagawa given license to dictate, Rooney to not go off the £#%&!ing boil for 10 game periods - he can sit on the bench & Welbeck can lead the line. Lightening fast counter attacks, scoring from free kicks & corners, I want to see our midfield absolutely smash the £#%&! out of one of those £#%&! little "try hard" @#%&!s at the bottom who think they can intimidate us by "tackling hard" & then go on to batter them by 6. I want Froggie to stop £#%&!ing about playing people ridiculously out of position & talking about "never having played for a draw in my life". I'd love to see Phil Jones gurn his way into the player we saw for the first few months of last month & settle in a position, I'd like to see Welbeck score 20, Evra not casually stroll back, & Vidic return to his pre-injury best. I'd love to see us win from behind, last minute winners to crush minnows £#%&!ing dreams & destroy a European heavyweight in their own back yard.

I want the £#%&!ing world, because these @#%&!s lost the £#%&!ing title to City last year on @#%&!ing goal difference after being 8 £#%&!ing points ahead.

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:33 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Here we go....

A complete overhaul of ideas, 2008 we had a squad that was capable of playing 3 or 4 different formations with ease, I don't want to see the death of 4-4-2, I just want to see 4-4-2 played when it will yield the best results (namely at home against shit teams). I want to see pace, interchanging of positions, intricate passing when in a tight spot - all of these £#%&!ing things we saw at the start of last season & then we utterly shit ourselves & reverted to what we knew. Including dragging that poor ginger genius out of retirement ffs. I want to see less of Scholes & Giggs, but I still want them to provide their best in shorter bursts, their influence on others to take up the mantle. I want to see Pea control a football, I want to see Park look like he can hit a shot without aping a 6 year old in his wellies, I want to see Nani play on the right, I want Ashley Young to not dive like a @#%&! & rather take a player on for ability instead of cheating, I want to see Smallling start at centre back, Rafael at right back, De Gea in nets all £#%&!ing season & Kagawa given license to dictate, Rooney to not go off the £#%&!ing boil for 10 game periods - he can sit on the bench & Welbeck can lead the line. Lightening fast counter attacks, scoring from free kicks & corners, I want to see our midfield absolutely smash the £#%&! out of one of those £#%&! little "try hard" @#%&!s at the bottom who think they can intimidate us by "tackling hard" & then go on to batter them by 6. I want Froggie to stop £#%&!ing about playing people ridiculously out of position & talking about "never having played for a draw in my life". I'd love to see Phil Jones gurn his way into the player we saw for the first few months of last month & settle in a position, I'd like to see Welbeck score 20, Evra not casually stroll back, & Vidic return to his pre-injury best. I'd love to see us win from behind, last minute winners to crush minnows £#%&!ing dreams & destroy a European heavyweight in their own back yard.

I want the £#%&!ing world, because these @#%&!s lost the £#%&!ing title to City last year on @#%&!ing goal difference after being 8 £#%&!ing points ahead.
Anything else?

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:36 AM
andyroo

The Glazers £#%&!ing off out of our club

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Harri Jaffa

The comedy store blown up by a terrorist attack during city's home game against liverpool

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Would

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Would

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Jack Duckworth

not read the other replies yet, but i just want us to play exciting, attacking football again.

remember the days when we used to say 'our eleven is better than your eleven and we'll take you on and prove it'? i want those days back.

this dull, negative, one up front shite is not only boring to watch, but it invariably leads to defeat, especially in europe.

just have a go and we will beat most teams.

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
not read the other replies yet, but i just want us to play exciting, attacking football again.

remember the days when we used to say 'our eleven is better than your eleven and we'll take you on and prove it'? i want those days back.

this dull, negative, one up front shite is not only boring to watch, but it invariably leads to defeat, especially in europe.

just have a go and we will beat most teams.
It's as much about attitude as anything, isn't it? The Swansea game at home last season was an example of how we should go at teams from the start. Because we were looking to bang in about 7 or 8, we just flew at them from the start. It meant we left a few gaps, but it didn't matter because we were two up by half time and it could have been 5 or 6. If that was a normal game, we'd have played cautiously and probably won 1 or 2 nil in a dull, needlessly edgy affair. We shouldn't need the motivation of needing to score 6 or 7 to have that approach.

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
It's as much about attitude as anything, isn't it? The Swansea game at home last season was an example of how we should go at teams from the start. Because we were looking to bang in about 7 or 8, we just flew at them from the start. It meant we left a few gaps, but it didn't matter because we were two up by half time and it could have been 5 or 6. If that was a normal game, we'd have played cautiously and probably won 1 or 2 nil in a dull, needlessly edgy affair. We shouldn't need the motivation of needing to score 6 or 7 to have that approach.
We played flat out in that game for about half an hour then stopped.

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Cream

Quote:
Meanwhile, football has turned shit and full of absolute defend the goals. And it wins them CL titles. But it's bullshit, a fashion, and it's time we dictated a new trend.

If we have the personnel (centre mid not on crutches pls) we should deffo pioneer a new way to win: i.e. employing our old approach.

We can start with a simple rule: 4 goals every home game or death to Anderson Oliveira.

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Meanwhile, football has turned shit and full of absolute defend the goals. And it wins them CL titles. But it's bullshit, a fashion, and it's time we dictated a new trend.

If we have the personnel (centre mid not on crutches pls) we should deffo pioneer a new way to win: i.e. employing our old approach.

We can start with a simple rule: 4 goals every home game or death to Anderson Oliveira.
Ironic that the one time we actually should have just 'shut up shop' was against Everton. For weeks we were crying out for us to just fly at a team at home and play some good stuff.....well we did.

Unread 06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Zorg

Mike Phelan to accidentally brutally stab himself in the stomach whilst shaving.
Closed Thread