United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2011, 11:24 PM
borsuk

Default Re: ole/molde

7 clear of tromso with six to play. tromso have a game in hand and they still have to play each other. looking good atm though

Unread 26-09-2011, 11:28 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: ole/molde

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
7 clear of tromso with six to play. tromso have a game in hand and they still have to play each other. looking good atm though
squeaky bum time

Unread 01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
borsuk

tromso (nearest challengers) had two games in hand, played them both this week and lost them both. ole's lot now 7 points clear, all teams have six games to play. rosenborg now second.

Unread 01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
red in cumbria

Good luck - we're all counting on you

Unread 01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Good luck - we're all counting on you

Unread 03-10-2011, 07:41 AM
borsuk

won 2-0 away to tromso, closest challengers for most of the season.

ten points clear of rosenborg, five games left.

molde have never won the norwegian title btw, finished 11th last year.

ole

Unread 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Baron

Did they spend big or have a particularly young team blossom at the right time?

Or does he appear to be a potentially top class manager?

Unread 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
rogieop

£#%&! just remembered i put fifty quid on them yesterday whilst pissed as a fart. They were 5/2 love ole!

Unread 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
dunk

I take it Magnus Eikrem is doing alright as well then?

Unread 03-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I take it Magnus Eikrem is doing alright as well then?
was made captain I think?

Unread 03-10-2011, 10:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
was made captain I think?
Their success following his and Ole's arrival can't be a coincidence, can it? I always thought he had the makings of an excellent player, still baffles me that he didn't even get a go in the Carling Cup.

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Did they spend big or have a particularly young team blossom at the right time?

Or does he appear to be a potentially top class manager?
I don't think so. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read that they sold their best player midway through this season. They've also improved after a bad start, which suggests he's needed more than just his influence as a national hero.

Fergie always had Ole down as a potential manager. I remember him tipping him long before his playing career was over.

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't think so. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read that they sold their best player midway through this season. They've also improved after a bad start, which suggests he's needed more than just his influence as a national hero.

Fergie always had Ole down as a potential manager. I remember him tipping him long before his playing career was over.
might have invented this but sure i remember fergie saying that's why he believed ole was such an effective substitute - because he read the game so well from the bench

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
might have invented this but sure i remember fergie saying that's why he believed ole was such an effective substitute - because he read the game so well from the bench
Yeah, attention to detail. Said he used to take notes in training

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Love Ole.

The perfect replacement, shame football doesn't work that way.

Unread 03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Was just having a read of a fan blog & it had some words on Ole:

Quote:
When it comes down to way of play, the Norwegian 38-year old fancies his side to keep the ball on the floor and play a passing game. 4-3-3 has been the chorus, combined with a rotation system leaving no players safe in the starting line-up for the next game, no matter what the status in the squad. All the players have accepted this way of treatment, and just like Fergie always keeps the entire sqad going, which means United mostly have match-fit back-up, Solskjaer have done something similiar.
Summa summarum, he's enjoying huge respect (as he's always done) in both Molde particularly and Norway generally.

As well, it's important to add that in contrast to most Tippeliga clubs, he haven't been forced to sell for economical reasons, because of Kjell Inge Røkke's contribution to Molde's economical situation. Solskjaer hasn't been any Mancini (luckily), and bought overpriced average players, but the advantage of not having to sell to make the economical wheels keep going is something their competitors can't afford. With that said, players like the goalscoring striker Pape Paté Diouf might leave (and he did), simply because of a desire of new challenges on a higher level.
Nice to read he's got them playing it on the deck, & the squad rotation is obviously important to mitigate the loss of Diouf who scored 12 in 14 league games.

All looks very promising, best of luck to the lad & Molde - imagine winning your first league title in your centenary year with him as the manager.

Unread 21-10-2011, 12:10 PM
borsuk

top two both drew at the weekend, molde now 8 points clear with four games left

Unread 24-10-2011, 10:01 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

3 points needed. 3 games left.

Hope the great man does it.

Unread 24-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

i was reading over the weekend that portsmouth want him as their new manager

Unread 24-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Coracao

Wonder what he'll do next.

Try and qualify for the champions league, or take a new job.
Closed Thread