United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2012, 11:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Stupid £#%&!ing rule. Greece qualify with a zero goal difference and Russia go out with a plus two GD.
er.... didn't greece just beat russia?

at least no one is going to call it corrupt.

Unread 16-06-2012, 11:18 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
How can Holland qualify? Even if they beat Portugal they will have the same points as Denmark but lost to the Danes. Baffling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Must admit I'm finding that pretty puzzling myself

if holland and germany win tomorrow, it leaves a 3 way tie for runners up.

so it's a comparison of holland/denmark/portugal head to head results.

denmark beat holland by 1 goal
portugal beat denmark by 1 goal
so if holland beat portugal by 2 or more goals, they have the superior head 2 head and go through.

Unread 16-06-2012, 11:20 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE

so if holland beat portugal by 2 or more goals, they have the superior head 2 head and go through.
That's mad.

Unread 16-06-2012, 11:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
That's mad.
why? everyone knows the rules.

well... there may be a few slow learners.....

Unread 16-06-2012, 11:51 PM
utd82

I believe that in the event of a three way tie it goes off goal difference, hence why Russia would have topped the group if Czech - Poland was a draw.

Unread 17-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE

Extraordinary

Unread 17-06-2012, 08:59 AM
jem

just be glad it's not done by duckworth and lewis. holland would probably have to win 3-0 "because they know they've got to win 2-0".

Unread 17-06-2012, 09:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs down

Quote:
£#%&!ing Greece, just £#%&! off :shakehead:
Agreed. Fecking Greeks. The thought of having to watch these shocking @#%&!s in another game. Russia-Germany would have been a much more interesting match.

Unread 17-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

all the hype about poland and russia and how czech were shit after the first game boom. take that you eastern european mongs. Central and Southern europe progress

Unread 17-06-2012, 09:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
all the hype about poland and russia and how czech were shit after the first game boom. take that you eastern european mongs. Central and Southern europe progress

Poland were £#%&!ing shite last night. You'd have thought the Czechs were the only team with a chance of qualification in that second half. Pathetic surrender from the hosts, tbh.

Unread 17-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Stickman

I didnt want Greece through either as theyre so £#%&!ing dull but head to head is definitely the correct decider of 3 games imo. GD for a league season when youre talking 30 plus games is better for that scenario imo, I dont like how Real won on head to head in 07 with a 15 or so worse GD as they were clearly the weaker side over the season.

Unread 17-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Extraordinary
It's ridiculous isn't it. Shocking rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
can't believe how this group turned out. Greece through ffs :shakehead:

Unread 17-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agreed. Fecking Greeks. The thought of having to watch these shocking @#%&!s in another game. Russia-Germany would have been a much more interesting match.
Why do you say that? Russia were absolutely dreadful last night. The only times they bothered getting forward, some moron would overhit a cross, and that was that. Their professionalism pretty much summed up by Arshavin's confrontation with Russian fans at the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't live up to your expectations. It's your problem."

Also agree with Stickers - goal difference in a 3-game league is no way to determine progress between two teams that have played each other. Imagine Greece winning that game and then watching Russia celebrate qualification at their expense. I bet everyone would have had a problem with that if it happened and the teams were reversed.

To summarize, you're all a bunch of Russia-loving cheesedicks.

Unread 17-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Why do you say that? Russia were absolutely dreadful last night. The only times they bothered getting forward, some moron would overhit a cross, and that was that. Their professionalism pretty much summed up by Arshavin's confrontation with Russian fans at the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't live up to your expectations. It's your problem."

Also agree with Stickers - goal difference in a 3-game league is no way to determine progress between two teams that have played each other. Imagine Greece winning that game and then watching Russia celebrate qualification at their expense. I bet everyone would have had a problem with that if it happened and the teams were reversed.

To summarize, you're all a bunch of Russia-loving cheesedicks.
You are Sammy Hagar and I claim my $5

Unread 17-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Neo

Hope there's no truth in the Lewandowski to United rumours. Looks average as £#%&!.

Nice to see their coach has £#%&!ed off. Spent most of the tournament yapping about what clubs his shit players will be at next season.

Unread 17-06-2012, 04:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hope there's no truth in the Lewandowski to United rumours. Looks average as £#%&!
Poland having a worse midfield than United's didn't help there, tbf.

Unread 17-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Neo

Quote:
Poland having a worse midfield than United's didn't help there, tbf.
True, but he fluffed quite a few decent chances when he had the chance.

I've said it before, but if we're in the market for a target-man (which I doubt we are anyway) I'd rather us go for Edinson Cavani.

Unread 17-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hope there's no truth in the Lewandowski to United rumours. Looks average as £#%&!.

Nice to see their coach has £#%&!ed off. Spent most of the tournament yapping about what clubs his shit players will be at next season.

truth bombs.
Closed Thread