United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2012, 12:30 PM
borsuk

Default balotelli takes citeh to a tribunal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20756755

Quote:
Italian striker Mario Balotelli will take Manchester City to a Premier League tribunal in London on Wednesday.
Balotelli is fighting City's decision to fine him two weeks' wages for his poor disciplinary record last season.
The 22-year-old missed 11 games domestically and in Europe last season because of suspensions.
Balotelli appealed against the decision but an independent panel of City's board upheld the penalty. The case will now be heard by a three-man panel.
The striker is expected to appear in person, along with his Italian lawyer and a representative from the Professional Footballers' Association, while City will bring their legal team.
A two-week fine is the maximum penalty stipulated in standard player contracts and, although City refused to comment on the case, they are privately confident of winning.
It is unusual for internal disputes between clubs and their players to go to a Premier League tribunal. The PFA has advised the player throughout and its chief executive, Gordon Taylor, told BBC Sport: "We try to avoid situations like this wherever possible, but the player and club have not been able to resolve this situation."
City began the disciplinary process after Balotelli was sent off against Arsenal in April 2012.
In all, he received nine yellow cards and three reds - one of them retrospective - during the season.
Balotelli was taken off early in the second half of City's 3-2 defeat by Manchester United on 9 December, and then left out of their squad altogether for the 3-1 win at Newcastle on Saturday ,

Unread 17-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Scabs

£#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 17-12-2012, 12:34 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
£#%&!ing #@&%!.
all i did was post it ffs

Unread 17-12-2012, 12:36 PM
ReligiousRed

and still the divs will clap him and sing his name......what an embarrassing club, i expect Tevez is his representative

Unread 17-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
all i did was post it ffs
You know what you did!

He really is a dick, I hope he's out of British football soon.

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Coracao

Remember a few on here crying into their cornflakes when Utd didn't get him.

Thank £#%&! we didn't. Absolute turnip.

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Scabs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:15 PM
redhegemony

Blimey suggests they're not a happy ship

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:16 PM
andyroo

He's completely hatstand.

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:27 PM
dodger

What do they expect when they let Tevez get away with what he did last season? Every @#%&! will have a go.

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:30 PM
borsuk

fined two weeks' wages, wasn't he?

£170,000+ a week for that @#%&!

mind you, they gave garry 'yellow' #@&%! half a million quid when they £#%&!ed him off so it's all relative, i suppose.

Unread 17-12-2012, 01:39 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

He might be an absolute tool of a man but I've got to agree with Balotelli. If you get a load of cards and suspensions of a season it is a matter for disciplinary action when the events take place. To have 2 weeks wages off a player for poor discipline the previous season and have the saga carry on until December when the next season is halfway through is just a £#%&!ing joke and shows what a silly little club they are.

Unread 17-12-2012, 05:39 PM
utd99

The longer they disregard attitude and personality in their transfer dealings the more it benefits us long term.

Long may he stay.

Unread 17-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
He might be an absolute tool of a man but I've got to agree with Balotelli. If you get a load of cards and suspensions of a season it is a matter for disciplinary action when the events take place. To have 2 weeks wages off a player for poor discipline the previous season and have the saga carry on until December when the next season is halfway through is just a £#%&!ing joke and shows what a silly little club they are.
They want shut of him because of FFP I'm sure of it, a £200 million wage-bill and an owner who is made-up that their losses this year of £97 million is down 50% on last years is bat-shit mental

But they are only 'doing what Utd have done for years' and we are just jealous

Unread 17-12-2012, 06:17 PM
TheKitchenSink

Would have fined him about 12 weeks wages on FM by now so he should be thankful he's got Mancini as a manager and not me.

Unread 17-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I don't think you read the article correctly BR. City hit him with this right after he get sent off against Arsenal last season.

'City began the disciplinary process after Balotelli was sent off against Arsenal in April 2012.'

It's Balotelli's appeals which have kept this thing dragged out.

Unread 17-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Dunk loved him, didn't he?

Unread 17-12-2012, 09:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Dunk loved him, didn't he?
Still loves him.

Unread 17-12-2012, 09:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers