United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:37 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Luca Toni

Leaving Bayern on the cheap, yes he has been utter dogshit whenever he has worn the Italian shirt, but he IS a number 9, not a very good one, but better than most in the PL.
Would score a lot of goals for United imo.

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:41 AM
n48

Toni? As slow as a door #@&%!. Did you see how well he's done in the last two international tournaments?

Give me a break.

Unread 17-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Ether

The people that hated Ruud would really £#%&!ing hate Toni, believe that.

Unread 17-06-2009, 01:10 AM
bobbledinho

Torsten Frings. 32 so would be able to give another couple of seasons. Always rated him.

Unread 17-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Comparing Barton to Gazza
Wasn't aware that I had compared Barton to Gazza.. merely stated that their careers could've both turned out so differently if they'd signed for us and had Fergie keeping a close eye on them.
Once again narrow-minded poo-pooing from you Ether Sir...

...although I agree with you about Luca Toni.. complete Carthorse

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Fellani doesnt know his best position. Okay he's a big lad but Christ how would you see him fitting in with United's style of play? Let's lop it up to the big unit and guess which direction the ball flicks off his too kool 4 skool barnet.

Fellani my arse.

You are confusing him and Moyes not knowing his best position with his physical attributes being utilised in a different position due to an injury crisis.

He's a much better footballer than has been seen at Everton in the last 6 months, not sure whether he would fit in at United, he's young enough to be worth a shot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Would score a lot of goals for United imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Toni? As slow as a door #@&%!. Did you see how well he's done in the last two international tournaments?

Give me a break.
I quite clearly did see him in the International tournaments, as I mentioned them in my original post. Wouldn't be a bad 3rd/4th choice striker though, someone to chuck on late in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
The people that hated Ruud would really £#%&!ing hate Toni, believe that.
Definitely. I wouldn't have him at OT, just getting into the spirit of the thread.

Unread 17-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Zorg

I'd just like to congratulate the thread starter on the phrase 'pointy-sideburned Ronaldo wannabe'. Describes half the footballing population of Europe.

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:47 PM
dunk

Eidur Gudjohnsson?

Javier Saviola?

Both will be available for a pittance.

Unread 17-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'd just like to congratulate the thread starter on the phrase 'pointy-sideburned Ronaldo wannabe'. Describes half the footballing population of Europe.
Should get minus points for using the word canny. :shakehead:

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:01 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Eidur Gudjohnsson?

Javier Saviola?

Both will be available for a pittance.
barrel

the

scraping the bottom of

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
barrel

the

scraping the bottom of
I thought that was the point of the thread

Gatusso? Barton?

Unread 17-06-2009, 09:50 PM
eddie_red

Adrian Mutu.

Unread 03-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up

Owen on a free leading up to a World Cup with a point to prove on a pay as you play basis..

..that's a canny signing !

Well done Ferg.

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Like Jimmy Delaney all over again.

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek

Unread 04-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Many a true word shrekkers... I was thinking more of a cross between Cantona and Billy Meredith ...if memory serves

Unread 04-07-2009, 07:32 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Many a true word shrekkers... I was thinking more of a cross between Cantona and Billy Meredith ...if memory serves
dear oh dear

Unread 04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Eidur Gudjohnsson?
I thought he was about 40, but he's still got it. :0)

Unread 04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
The Stella Fella

With Scholes and Giggs another year older (and starting to look it) - Rooney paying most oif last year on left wing - and now hopefully moving back to player a central striker role we are lacking in experience on the left of midfield and a reasonable crosser of the ball (unless Nani and Tocsic step up)

I think a possible best buy so far is Gareth Barry for 12m - experienced in premier league/regular for national side/natural left footer/ can tackle and can play defensive midfielder well - i know most may not agree - esp since he has gone to city- but given the Valencia and Owen signings for 17m (or thereabouts) i would have tried for Barry to add more experience and ability to play a number of positions, midfield would look better balanced then with options of Fletcher/Carrick/Anderson/Barry - giving us a solid 4-4-2 (Rooney, Valencia/Owen/Berbatov down the middle - could move to a midlfield 3 easyif we went with a 4-3-3 or even allowing Barry to sit behind the midfield of Fletcher/Carrick/Anderson - and we would still have only spent 29m out of our 80m from Ronnie - leaving the rest for a playermaker and/or forward!

Can't see Barry choosing city at 100k per week above Utd offering 80k per week - esp given City have got at least another year before Europe!!

Queue the "you talk shit comments"

Unread 04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
borsuk

barry wants to play central and would want to play every week, something he wouldn't do at united. and he's not that good tbh.

repeating myself, i know, but i still think schneijder would be the ideal player for us. certainly available, almost certainly at a good price, good age, highly talented, should settle easily enough and would give us a real goal threat from midfield. very intelligent player tactically as well.

schneijder and valencia wide, any two of carrick, hargreaves, anderson, fletcher, scholes and giggs in the middle and berbatov ahead with rooney up top would give us a really solid m/f four with strength, energy, flair, pace and a goal threat. i can't think of a player who would suit us better tbh.
Closed Thread