United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
dunk

One thing about Owen is it generally takes him 4 or 5 games to get going, sharpness, fitness and reaction wise, he is hardly going to be useful coming off the £#%&!ing bench when you bare that in mind, is he? You would assume he is going to have to play a decent number of games to use to man or beast.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
fuzzy, marlo and scarface (now there's a reality tv show waiting to happen).

anyway, who would you say we could realistically sign now benzema has gone to madrid?
Id' rather sign Julie from fredtissue. Atleast she could run over defenders feet with her wheels.

Van Persie ( last year of contract )

Adebayor

Aguero

Young players i've probably never erd of but who are on the scouting radar.................basically any £#%&!ing body that an aging crippled scouse midget @#%&!

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
25m would land adebayor at the club.
I wouldn't give 2.5million for him - not a utd player !

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
I wouldn't give 2.5million for him - not a utd player !
and owen is one?

naes_sean

just woke up. Lots of doom in this thread then?

Sparky***

Once they put pen to paper - they have my full support, regardless of what i thought before they signed.

This is no different.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Ether

For everyone saying he's not going to start games, his obvious priority is getting back in the England side for the World Cup. He needs to be playing regularly to do this. He's turned down the guarantee of being the first choice striker at a number of clubs to sign for us instead. He's not coming to sit on the bench, it wouldn't make sense for him. He must have had assurances that he will get at least a chance to prove himself i.e a run of games, imo.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
For everyone saying he's not going to start games, his obvious priority is getting back in the England side for the World Cup. He needs to be playing regularly to do this. He's turned down the guarantee of being the first choice striker at a number of clubs to sign for us instead. He's not coming to sit on the bench, it wouldn't make sense for him. He must have had assurances that he will get at least a chance to prove himself i.e a run of games, imo.
he'll get a fair crack of the whip. we play enough games every season don't we.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Once they put pen to paper - they have my full support, regardless of what i thought before they signed.

This is no different.
this is pretty typical of our current support.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
marlo

i cant believe ronaldo is gone and now owen is his replacement.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:37 PM
carlosartorial

Well you better believe it, baby.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
this is pretty typical of our current support.
what do you mean by that?

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
believe

Quote:
what do you mean by that?
fickle. you'll be singing owen songs next.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
fickle. you'll be singing owen songs next.
Go have a drink, your posts are better when you're pissed.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
yes, young foreign players with no grasp of english and no experience of the premier league always do well.

for every kaka or pato there's a hundred cavenaghi's

It's what our scouting network is for. Or why you have £80m to go towards a 'sure thing' like Benzema.

Atletico Madrid paid €22m for Aguero, back then with the strength of the pound it would have been nearer £17m.

Whether this Douglas Costa is more Aguero or Forlan remains to be seen if we were to buy him as well.

Who is the best young English centre forward in the league? Agbonlahor? I'd rather we gambled on him.

Actually, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Defoe returned to Spurs for something like £10m? I'd rather have bought him. At least he has proper pace & his foot injury aside relatively injury free and a '3rd choice'.

Seriously, £#%&! Michael Owen. £#%&! him in the ear. Scouse £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Coracao

Quote:
He's bound to start games. As will the likes of Evans, O'Shea, Welbeck etc.

However, i'd hardly say he is being brought in to be a member of the 'strongest 11'. He is an addition to the squad. In contrast with Valencia, who will probably start a higher proportion of games and be a more important part of the 'first 11' (I know we don't strictly have a first 11, but i can't think of another way to convey it right now).

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Go have a drink, your posts are better when you're pissed.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
He was largely guaranteed regular first team football at Newcastle and was almost always involved if fit. But that didn't really interest or impress Capello, so it probably wouldn't be much different at another medium sized club. I suspect Capello would be more impressed if he sees Owen get a handful of important goals for United in big games than him playing a lot of football for a smaller club. He'll simply be taken more seriously if he's at United. Besides, if he's got any ambition he'll still believe he can nail down a place at United, even if the odds are against him at the start. I'd be stunned if there were any assurances offered from United's end over how much playing time he'll be given. But then again I never thought I'd see the little @#%&! in a United shirt, so who £#%&!ing knows anymore..

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i cant believe ronaldo is gone and now owen is his replacement.
You don't really believe that

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He was largely guaranteed regular first team football at Newcastle and was almost always involved if fit. But that didn't really interest or impress Capello, so it probably wouldn't be much different at another medium sized club. I suspect Capello would be more impressed if he sees Owen get a handful of important goals for United in big games than him playing a lot of football for a smaller club. He'll simply be taken more seriously if he's at United. Besides, if he's got any ambition he'll still believe he can nail down a place at United, even if the odds are against him at the start. I'd be stunned if there were any assurances offered from United's end over how much playing time he'll be given. But then again I never thought I'd see the little @#%&! in a United shirt, so who £#%&!ing knows anymore..
You're probably right, I'm still expecting to see him start the first few games of the season though
Closed Thread