United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Surely, that would happen if we signed a striker you actually wanted then.

Not that it's anything new anyway.
Not really. Benzema would have been capable of playing in a fluid attack. He can drift out wide, and we saw in the games against us he's more than capable of picking the ball up deep and doing something with it.

Owen is a one-trick pony, and the only place he'll be is hanging on the shoulder of the opposition centre back.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Smurf

If Neville Southall says Michael Owen is a @#%&!, well that's certainly good enough for me.

koppas

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={83A644F4-1A7E-48B9-AF95-4605613A9A18}&newsid=6635632

Good article.

Jack Duckworth

can i also point out that i would have preferred signing someone like villa rather than owen, but in the absence of any other realistic targets, he will do as a short-term fix.

marlo

some on this forum would paint vassell as a good player if united signed him.

owen isnt good enough.

replacing ronaldo with him ffs.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:23 PM
dunk

From the Benzema thread, posted Tuesday night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erm, yes.

No. just that more than one player will arrive to fill the whole he has left, they won't all figure all the time, but all will brig something of what left with Ronaldo. Valencia is the pace, directness, power and delivery with the right foot.

You might find Ljajic brings the 'unpredictable' element that left with Ronaldo, or someone else will be found to do that.

We just need someone who can be in the right place at the right time to get the tap ins and finish off the moves in the way Ronaldo did.
Not what I had in mind, but still, it would appear I was on the right track.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
From the Benzema thread, posted Tuesday night...

Not what I had in mind, but still, it would appear I was on the right track.
pat yourself on the back

ScarFace

Never felt so sad about a United signing. Expect a bid to be put in for Fowler tomorrow.

IF we sign a 3rd striker and this murdering @#%&! is 4th choice then fine but if he is the only striker we sign.....

Let's just Believe has ears the size of first generation SKY dishes.

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
pat yourself on the back
with a knife. repeatedly.

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
%@#$&!s. How many goals has the midget scored by beating a man for pace this season? ... And how many headers? You'll find his goals now are about finding space in the box and finishing.

£#%&! me, I'm defending him now. Stop it. Stop it now.

No. We need a fast, direct striker. I'd rather have Adabayor.
Which is what we need, the opposite of the £#%&!ing midget.

Newcastle's play was there to get the best out of him, and they were that shite they went down.

The weird thing is i can see him being a success at us, but there are better alternatives but sometimes you have to take a gamble.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
some on this forum would paint vassell as a good player if united signed him.

owen isnt good enough.

replacing ronaldo with him ffs.

yes, yes that's exactly what he is you big baby

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Not really. Benzema would have been capable of playing in a fluid attack. He can drift out wide, and we saw in the games against us he's more than capable of picking the ball up deep and doing something with it.

Owen is a one-trick pony, and the only place he'll be is hanging on the shoulder of the opposition centre back.
If Benzema signed, then Benzema and Berbatov and Rooney would all be playing a large number of games.

Thus, Rooney would find himself out left a hell of a lot more than he would with the signing of Owen, who will start far fewer games and is bought as a squad player, not a member of the first 11.

It is nonesensical to state that Rooney will play more games on the left with Owen signing, than he would with Benzema. In fact, it is complete and utter shite.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
yes, yes that's exactly what he is you big baby
very similar player/build etc, tbf.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
marlo

ok forum experts sugarcoat this...

will we spend the 80m we have at our dispense or can you see us rolling the money over until the 'right player becomes available'in january(when we always say the targets are cup tied) or the summer (when we wont sign anyone as prices are inflated based on the world cup)

justify the dissapearance of our 80m,come on lads...

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I remember him scoring a couple of headers in one game last season.

Yep, he's got good ability in the air - he's got good spring and times his runs perfectly.

http://vodpod.com/watch/511717-newca...h-owens-header

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
As far as i'm aware, the transfer window is still open. And you have no idea who our other transfer targets are ( I doubt we'll sign another forward, but I doubt this will be the end of our activity).

I didn't say i was over the moon with it, i said i'd give the lad a chance. Which you have flat out refused to do.
Like I said before, my contempt for Michael Owen means even if we signed Aguero & Villa, I'd still think he was a snivelling little shite that should be nowhere near our side.

He's been a wage theif. He left Madrid for Newcastle because they paid the most money. He's selfish in the extreme, back in the day he used to be a footballer. He simply isn't that anymore. & no smattering of goals in a handful of appearances he's managed to drag himself off his groiny deathbed to play can convince me otherwise.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

will we spend the 80m we have at our dispense or can you see us rolling the money over until the 'right player becomes available'in january(when we always say the targets are cup tied) or the summer (when we wont sign anyone as prices are inflated based on the world cup)

it's not disappeared

our top two targets, benzema and ribery, prefer to join madrid than us. shit happens.

it's real life not championship manager, ffs.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Aloe Blacc

Lets be honest, this signing is just to confirm our dominance over Liverpool by signing their old hero and making him win the premier ship before Gerrard.

Something ironic about Owen possibly playing a part in us winning number 19 and all the scousers who are currently calling him past it might see those comments come back to bite their arse. The fact is, even an injury prone Owen has more goalthreat than Tevez and doesn't cost £35m.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

sugarcoat what? i'm not sugarcoating anything. as i said, don't be suprised if that's gone to service the debt. as long as those who embraced the glazers don't moan about it.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Honestly though, Berbs and Owen. Imagine if someone, say Koppas came up to you after we won the European Cup and said we would be starting 2009/10 with the below.
You'd tell him to stop sniffing the solvents.

Berbs Owen
Rooney Carrick Fletcher Valencia

That's our strongest midfield and forward line now.
It's kind of funny in a if I don't laugh I'll cry kind of way.
Closed Thread