United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He spent one season in Spain, they didn't play him because he wasn't a good enough footballer.
Erm...Raul and £#%&!ing Ronaldo were in front of him. £#%&!ing hell

I've already said his injury record is shit, so i'm not even bothering addressing your points regarding that.

We'll see how he does. I'll have anyone a vbet he'll score more than Tevez's 5 league goals. Possibly, even double it.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Aye, that's why SAF tried to convince him to stay longer. He wasn't dogshit, far from it.

£#%&! me, the doomlordery on here is reaching new levels. I'm not happy with this summer so far but he could do a lot worse. I'm thinking what he offers us as a footballer, not as a person - we got over signing a genuine Scouser & a Leeds fan pretty quickly, remember.

I'm glad these things are left up to Fergie, if it was up to fans we'd still have the headless chicken up front.
He tried to make him stay a further two months.

Not like Fergie asked him to be captain and be an ambassador for the club.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Aye, that's why SAF tried to convince him to stay longer. He wasn't dogshit, far from it.

£#%&! me, the doomlordery on here is reaching new levels. I'm not happy with this summer so far but he could do a lot worse. I'm thinking what he offers us as a footballer, not as a person - we got over signing a genuine Scouser & a Leeds fan pretty quickly, remember.

I'm glad these things are left up to Fergie, if it was up to fans we'd still have the headless chicken up front.

Spot on mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
please stop talking shit, im asking you nicely. cheers.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
koppas

The funny thing is, Michael Owen will have a Premier League winners medal before his @#%&! mates, Gerrard and Carragher. Who would've thought that a month ago?

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
He tried to make him stay a further two months.

Not like Fergie asked him to be captain and be an ambassador for the club.
I'm not trying to make him into a Bobby Charlton here just that even someone like Larsson ended up having his use. And Owen today is a lot better than Larsson back then.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:56 AM
koppas

Quote:
I'm not trying to make him into a Bobby Charlton here just that even someone like Larsson ended up having his use. And Owen today is a lot better than Larsson back then.
Oh I agree.

I am all for Owen signing for us, anyway.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
From what im hearing, Utd first approached Owen in January.

Wouldnt suprise me if deal was already sorted and one of the reassons they didnt follow up on Tevez.
Yep, that would certainly explain the brochure

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Oh I agree.

I am all for Owen signing for us, anyway.
Gignac's going to be heartbroken

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
The funny thing is, Michael Owen will have a Premier League winners medal before his @#%&! mates, Gerrard and Carragher. Who would've thought that a month ago?

do you honestly think our squad now is good enough to win the league?

100 BET?

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Ether

Interesting how some people are forgetting the effect Larsson had on Saha

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:59 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

do you honestly think our squad now is good enough to win the league?

100 BET?
You're on.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
To be fair, Balsa man actually got injured before Larsson played. Or maybe that was him just giving up mentally, the weird @#%&!.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Erm...Raul and £#%&!ing Ronaldo were in front of him. £#%&!ing hell

I've already said his injury record is shit, so i'm not even bothering addressing your points regarding that.

We'll see how he does. I'll have anyone a vbet he'll score more than Tevez's 5 league goals. Possibly, even double it.
I already said the same thing about Raul & Ronaldo ahead of him

They still didn't want to keep him. They sold him on for a profit which was what they wanted. They new he was a goal scorer & £#%&! all else, it's not good enough for a club like Madrid to have someone who can solely score goals. You need more to your game to help the team create, we are the same. We need players who have a first touch & can get their heads up. Owen wasn't good enough to make the England squad, let alone side. Why is he good enough for United?

He was blistering & clinical when he was 18.

He is now simply a @#%&!.

& he probably will score more than Tevez, but if you know anything I've had issues with him as well for the last 18 months. So I'm not entertaining any bets that include those pair of @#%&!s, ta.

marlo

Quote:
You're on.
move to bet thread.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That was Sahas problem.

He turned into a mard arse.

Granted though Saha should've started at Emirates and Anfield imo.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
move to bet thread.
You move it. It was your bet.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
To be fair, Balsa man actually got injured before Larsson played. Or maybe that was him just giving up mentally, the weird @#%&!.

Yep, if anything it showed what an absolute shitbag saha was.

Larsson was a good player for us and he has had a great influence on Rooney

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I already said the same thing about Raul & Ronaldo ahead of him

They still didn't want to keep him. They sold him on for a profit which was what they wanted. They new he was a goal scorer & £#%&! all else, it's not good enough for a club like Madrid to have someone who can solely score goals. You need more to your game to help the team create, we are the same. We need players who have a first touch & can get their heads up. Owen wasn't good enough to make the England squad, let alone side. Why is he good enough for United?

He was blistering & clinical when he was 18.

He is now simply a @#%&!.

& he probably will score more than Tevez, but if you know anything I've had issues with him as well for the last 18 months. So I'm not entertaining any bets that include those pair of @#%&!s, ta.
I look forward to your whinging all season then.

Like I said, i'll wait and see how he does. The amount of slagging off players get who have just signed or made their first few appearances on here, beggars belief. TBF, I'd expect it off someone like Marlo. I thought you were a bit more level headed.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Never good enough to cut it at Madrid? No. His face just didn't fit. He had the highest ratio of goals to minutes played in Spain. He also had the likes of Raul, Ronaldo & Morientes competing for a place in the side. They then signed Robinho and Baptista. 18 goals from 15 starts (41 appearances in total). I'd hardly say that wasn't cutting it tbh.

The goals which you have quoted since, can mainly be attributed to his woeful injury record.

Perhaps you should state that the 7 goals came in 10 starts (11 games in total).

The 0 came in 2 starts (and 1 sub appearance after being missing all season).

I can't be arsed looking for all the other stats, his 8 goals in the league last season came in around 21/22 starts.

His goalscoring record can't be questioned, whatsoever. His injury record and current ability certainly can.
nail/head interface, as sir jeremy of quigleyshire would say.

Quote:
He will score at least ten league goals next season. That, itself, is worth his wages.
i agree with koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
please stop talking shit, im asking you nicely. cheers.

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Smurf

Thumbs up Owen's class finishing..

[youtube]WqOxNspUPyE[/youtube]

but listen for Neville Southall's comment right at the end..
Closed Thread