Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
ah, i missed that one

if only

do you think it'll be cool to boo owen as well as berbatov next season? i will, in between snatches of 'we should have signed tevez' whilst displaying my 'FERGIE OUT' banner
thats sounds like the ultimate top red match day experience

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:25 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i heard he's being lined up for jacko's 50 dates at the 02 now anyway.
That's Valencia aint it?

Ether

Quote:
so it makes a difference to THEM to 'who they lose out to'? don't talk shit. hinderence is hinderence.
Give your £#%&!ing head a wobble. When did I say their feelings come into it you plonker. And it's hindrance

If they're not playing because we have a world class striker ahead of them, who could be here for years, then it is understandable and certainly not detrimental to the club.

If they're being kept on the bench because of some washed up @#%&! who wont be here for longer than 2 years, and is arguably not even much better than our youth options, then it's a different situation and could hurt not just them but the club.

Not difficult to understand tbh, unless you're thick as pigshit.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
In comparison to Marlo & his Berbatov vendetta I'll make this look like they're bum chums.
I don't think you threads will last as long, you;ll have 1 or 2 to argue with at most.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I'll add some more.

He was never good enough to cut it at Real Madrid & left after one season. He has never scored 20 league goals in his entire career. His goals record in the 'peak' of his career reads:

05-06 - 7 goals.
06-07 - 0 goals.
07-08 - 13 goals.
08-09 - 10 goals.

Fabio Capello, England manager, all round footballing sage & a man that has led a shower of shit to win every qualifying game England have played this time around does not pick Michael Owen. He picks Emile Heskey, Peter Crouch, Carlton £#%&!ing Cole ahead of this £#%&!ing footballing Jonah.

£#%&! Michael Owen.

In comparison to Marlo & his Berbatov vendetta I'll make this look like they're bum chums.
Embarrassing post

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Embarrassing post
Did I miss something out

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Least Hargreaves will have somebody else to talk to?

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Give your £#%&!ing head a wobble. When did I say their feelings come into it you plonker. And it's hindrance

If they're not playing because we have a world class striker ahead of them, who could be here for years, then it is understandable and certainly not detrimental to the club.

If they're being kept on the bench because of some washed up @#%&! who wont be here for longer than 2 years, and is arguably not even much better than our youth options, then it's a different situation and could hurt not just them but the club.

shit sorry mate, didn't agree with your opinion. i'll sort myself out.

what's detrimental to the club is youth not progressing. you're telling me that buying a young, world class striker is less detremental than buying owen? someone who would keep them out of the team on a permanent basis for 4/5/6 years compared to a stop gap, a larsson if you will?

Not difficult to understand tbh, unless you're thick as pigshit

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:30 AM
MrBishi

The best of his club career is behind him, his international career is almost over, and he's got a bad injury record.

We should never sign players like that.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Pop

Absolute tosser

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
OleKingScholes

these are very dark days for man utd. owen was unemployed and could not get anyone to consider him becuase he is a has been of epic proportions. our situation is so dire that we have to look at 3rd rate players like owen. next season will be a reality shock.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

If we'd ahve signed Benzema they might not get a chance for 3-4 years, if we got Owen they'd only have to wait a year. ie. when they are actually ready.

I think we will see a lot from welbeck this season but it will be primarily cutting in from the left like Rooney. That would have happened with or without our Mickey.

Macheda is not ready to be starting Premiership games, I pointed that out after the Boro game.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I'll add some more.

He was never good enough to cut it at Real Madrid & left after one season. He has never scored 20 league goals in his entire career. His goals record in the 'peak' of his career reads:

05-06 - 7 goals.
06-07 - 0 goals.
07-08 - 13 goals.
08-09 - 10 goals.

Fabio Capello, England manager, all round footballing sage & a man that has led a shower of shit to win every qualifying game England have played this time around does not pick Michael Owen. He picks Emile Heskey, Peter Crouch, Carlton £#%&!ing Cole ahead of this £#%&!ing footballing Jonah.

£#%&! Michael Owen.

Never good enough to cut it at Madrid? No. His face just didn't fit. He had the highest ratio of goals to minutes played in Spain. He also had the likes of Raul, Ronaldo & Morientes competing for a place in the side. They then signed Robinho and Baptista. 18 goals from 15 starts (41 appearances in total). I'd hardly say that wasn't cutting it tbh.

The goals which you have quoted since, can mainly be attributed to his woeful injury record.

Perhaps you should state that the 7 goals came in 10 starts (11 games in total).

The 0 came in 2 starts (and 1 sub appearance after being missing all season).

I can't be arsed looking for all the other stats, his 8 goals in the league last season came in around 21/22 starts.

His goalscoring record can't be questioned, whatsoever. His injury record and current ability certainly can.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
The best of his club career is behind him, his international career is almost over, and he's got a bad injury record.

I can't decide if you're taking the piss or not but Larrson was dogshit.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi

It's the exact same thing. It's certainly not halfway through a season, relying on a crocked forward & we most definitely have not received a £#%&!ing huge transfer fee for a man who scored the majority of our goals & occupied a lot of defensive attention from the opposition this Summer...

£#%&! me.

You are making a case for signing Michael Owen. Michael - Scouse @#%&! - Owen.

Me waiting to watch Owen run out for United...

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
dunk

The prospect of him standing in front of the Kop celebrating with Rooney having just scored the winner is an interesting one.

As would him picking up a league winners medal as we reach 19.

Hmmm, silver linings and all that.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I can't decide if you're taking the piss or not but Larrson was dogshit.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Pop

Can any of you quickly pop down to carrington and mow down the bastard, and back over him to make sure? He's there now.

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Ginners

Quote:

Me waiting to watch Owen run out for United...

Unread 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Ether

Quote:
what's detrimental to the club is youth not progressing.
No, it's youth not progressing because of deadwood in the first team. Evans being kept out of the team by Rio and Vidic would be understandable. Evans being kept out by Silvestre and Blanc would be a £#%&!ing joke.

And in case you hadn't noticed, Berbatov is not a spring chicken. Rooney is not going to be playing 38 games a season. If Benzema had come they would hardly have been permanently out of the team for 6 years
Closed Thread