United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

We’re gone
I’ve accepted now we’ll blow top 4 to the Scousers

Another shameless 2nd half performance away from home

Bunch of £#%&!ing @#%&! who are not up for the fight away from home and just capitulate as soon as something goes against us

Is it too much to ask for Utd team you can be proud in that you know they’ll fight and give it their all home or away

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:02 PM
magic_cantona

There's literally no energy in there, it's all gone.

We have no centre forward.

We have a makeshift defence.

Most games out of any other club in Europe.

It's all taken its toll but half of this team are absolute shite hawks.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:03 PM
stax

Can only assume half the team don't fancy CL qual as they'd be replaced. £#%&!ing mess that.

Stickman

That attacking formation has to go.

Play a midfield instead.

If we’d done that last 2 games and subbed one on at Spurs we’d be ok now.

We did it v Villa and won ffs.

Dr Stranger

Awful awful stuff.

We know we’re tired, but now we’re also out of form and I don’t care what anyone says - Liverpool are putting pressure on and it shows. All this ‘it doesn’t matter what they do’. Of course it does, because it means our poor performances and careless results has consequences. We’re being chased down by a team who have been a hell of a lot better than us in recent years and it shows.

We’ve said we need 3 wins from 6….then 5….now 4. Suddenly we need to show some very good form or we’re £#%&!ed. Our margin for error has disappeared in the space of a week. We now need to be near perfect and this is a team that is far from perfect.

And with the way we’re playing, none of these games will be easy.

That Wolves game is absolutely huge now and I can see us being nervous as hell.

We’re hitting all the wrong notes at just the wrong time. I’d say we’re 50/50 for top four now. Don’t beat Wolves and it’s curtains IMO.

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Yeah, he's responsible for the continued failure to put the ball in the net
It’s absolutely mental. Yes he’s £#%&!ed us today but we didn’t have a shot on goal since he £#%&!ed up that I can remember.

If we’re they weak mentally that a keeper £#%&! up completely kills us we’ve got much bigger problem than o thought

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It’s absolutely mental. Yes he’s £#%&!ed us today but we didn’t have a shot on goal since he £#%&!ed up that I can remember.

If we’re they weak mentally that a keeper £#%&! up completely kills us we’ve got much bigger problem than o thought
He clearly needs moving on and replacing, but the lurch to then blame him for everything else

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:05 PM
dunk

Week off. Bit of rest and regrouping. Big win next weekend and it'll be fine.

FWIW, this is why buying 30+ year old midfielders is not ideal. We need legs and we've got no youth or vitality in the middle of the pitch, still.

Losing Martinez has been utterly brutal btw.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:05 PM
Sparky***

any chance of us getting anything else this season limped off in that Sevilla game. Varane and Martinez are absolutely crucial to how we play out from the back. The others are just too slow and too shit.

i don't know how much our forwards are on but none of them should be getting paid this week. They're swindling a £#%&!ing living. If you want something that just captures us perfectly at the moment its our captain cutting in on his left foot in stoppage time and just £#%&!ing the ball into the stands while all our players look on.

Brainless. Hopeless and utterly £#%&!ed.

Give the cup final a miss lads, it's going to be a massacre.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Bit devastated - we look clueless. Erik looks clueless.

I know de Gea will get all the shit - and rightly so, but every single player for us was a £#%&!ing disgrace. And our manager was £#%&! too. All atrocious.

I thought these days were behind us.
Yup.

Weggers as a number 10 and Bruno and Rashers interchanging on the left

Two man midfield with a combined age of 263

The subs

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Both Rashford and Martial had shots on target tbf.

They're weak mentally, we all know that, but they're weak physically which is just making the mentality that much worse.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That attacking formation has to go.

Play a midfield instead.

If we’d done that last 2 games and subbed one on at Spurs we’d be ok now.

We did it v Villa and won ffs.
Yes. I love Erik and have total confidence in him long term, but I’m baffled by what he’s done in the last two games. We looked the best and most solid we’d looked in a while against Villa with Sabitzer in there and he hasn’t played him since.

Fred’s selection at Brighton looked wrong and so did Weghort’s tonight. Neither worked.

There’s been too many utterly insipid away surrenders. It was mostly against top ten sides and now it’s against shit teams too.

We had better pray our home form holds because that’s the only way we’re squeezing over the line here.

magic_cantona

Blaming Ten Hag for shit subs and being clueless:

WHO CAN HE BRING ON FFS??

It's not his fault he's got a squad that's 80% other managers and he's only signed 6 players. He's been brilliant for us but he can't change shit players into Zidanes.

puressence

Played well 25 mins then May aswell got the coach home. Getting worse by the game and the pattern is the same.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Awful awful stuff.

We know we’re tired, but now we’re also out of form and I don’t care what anyone says - Liverpool are putting pressure on and it shows. All this ‘it doesn’t matter what they do’. Of course it does, because it means our poor performances and careless results has consequences. We’re being chased down by a team who have been a hell of a lot better than us in recent years and it shows.

We’ve said we need 3 wins from 6….then 5….now 4. Suddenly we need to show some very good form or we’re £#%&!ed. Our margin for error has disappeared in the space of a week. We now need to be near perfect and this is a team that is far from perfect.

And with the way we’re playing, none of these games will be easy.

That Wolves game is absolutely huge now and I can see us being nervous as hell.

We’re hitting all the wrong notes at just the wrong time. I’d say we’re 50/50 for top four now. Don’t beat Wolves and it’s curtains IMO.
We’ll draw with Wolves and then we’ll fold.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We’ll draw with Wolves and then we’ll fold.
Then? We already have.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:10 PM
RARAMSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Blaming Ten Hag for shit subs and being clueless:

WHO CAN HE BRING ON FFS??

It's not his fault he's got a squad that's 80% other managers and he's only signed 6 players. He's been brilliant for us but he can't change shit players into Zidanes.

Spot on

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Week off. Bit of rest and regrouping. Big win next weekend and it'll be fine.

FWIW, this is why buying 30+ year old midfielders is not ideal. We need legs and we've got no youth or vitality in the middle of the pitch, still.

Losing Martinez has been utterly brutal btw.
If we’d have got anything in the last two games, I’d agree, but the problem is we need three wins now. From four. We’ve gone from having a fairly decent margin for error to zero.

Remarkably, we were 9 points ahead over Liverpool just ten days ago. The trajectory is alarming.

Liverpool have the bit between their teeth and will be rubbing their hands here. They’ve got all the momentum and should win all three of their games.

We’ll need 3 wins from 4 and that’s a big ask the way this lot is playing.

We should be very concerned.

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:11 PM
Parlabane

Shit again - one positive is that weve not got a midweek game so a full weeks rest - think there are some tired minds and legs in that team - might be clutching at straws though

Unread 07-05-2023, 09:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Sick of people talking about the amount of games played

It’s not like like all these players have been playing all these games
Casemiro missed at least 7 due to suspension in the last couple of months

Eriksen has missed a big chunk of the season due to injury

Bruno, Rashford and Antony have played a lot but the rest haven’t

Top teams play a lot of games as they are looking to win all comps as we did many a season under Fergie
This is a pathetic excuse for these performances

Its far more mental than physical as we just have a bunch of players not up for the fight
End of story

ETH is going to have a really hard time changing the mentality and culture of that squad
This attitude is embedded in the group now