United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Quoted the wrong guy . Was meant to quote Koppas .

Personally i dont give a £#%&! what he was like off the pitch , when he was on it he was class and thats all im going to say on the matter .
But for the last few years he wasn't - he was shite on the pitch. And that's when all the whinging at others reached it's peak. He should have left in 2001.

Unread 28-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
But for the last few years he wasn't - he was shite on the pitch. And that's when all the whinging at others reached it's peak. He should have left in 2001.
Don't be ridiculous, he was on £100K per week. Roy wasn't as concerned about the club as he was himself.

Remind me again how much of his testimonial he gave to charity? People kept saying he was defo doing it. How much was it in the end?

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:15 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Last few years he was nowhere near the player he was , but he still wasn't shite , not in my opinion anyway .

I didn't always agree with what he said , slagging the fans , the players etc but his acheivements still far outweigh his £#%&!ups in my eyes .

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Last few years he was nowhere near the player he was , but he still wasn't shite , not in my opinion anyway .

I didn't always agree with what he said , slagging the fans , the players etc but his acheivements still far outweigh his £#%&!ups in my eyes .
He was spot on with the 'Prawn Sandwich' comments.We've all had a pop about the @#%&!s who are sat all around us at OT.

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Keane and Eric both had their faults, and you can talk about 'if Eric hadn't have.........and we'd have won another double'.Would we?Maybe, and without him and Keane, we'd have won next to £#%&! all.
Couldn't agree more.

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
He was spot on with the 'Prawn Sandwich' comments. We've all had a pop about the @#%&!s who are sat all around us at OT.
But your huge wages aren't being paid for by said "@#%&!s". Keane was quite happy to take the "prawn sandwich brigade"'s money - and for a full 6 months after he had nothing to do with the club anymore. Should have kept his mouth shut and tried to improve his game rather than slagging off easy targets to curry favour with the fans.

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:29 PM
puressence

what keane said on mutv was £#%&!ing spot on ..... every £#%&!er knows it .id rather have keane playing today than those £#%&!ing 3 musketeers fletcher oshea and richarsdson who are £#%&!ing robbing a salar at old trafford .and dont get me £#%&!ing started on smith and wgt

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Don't be ridiculous, he was on £100K per week. Roy wasn't as concerned about the club as he was himself.
Quite right of course. And when he did get round to going he shamelessly carried on taking the "prawn sandwich brigade"s money for months afterwards.

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
what keane said on mutv was £#%&!ing spot on ..... every £#%&!er knows it .id rather have keane playing today than those £#%&!ing 3 musketeers fletcher oshea and richarsdson who are £#%&!ing robbing a salar at old trafford .and dont get me £#%&!ing started on smith and wgt
We may agree with what he said, but as the Captain of the team he did not have the right to undermine both those players and the manager in Public. Especially given his performances, he was contributing as little as those he criticised.

Of course he had years of top quality performances behind him, but what he did would damage morale in the dressing room. Say again that his reasons for doing it were not as selfless as some make out, for me it was a tantrum over not being offered a new contract, which was the right decision from the club.

This last year Utd have been excellent, in terms of points gathered must be one of of our best 12 months ever. All done with a lot of the players he criticised.

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Father Christmas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
We may agree with what he said, but as the Captain of the team he did not have the right to undermine both those players and the manager in Public. Especially given his performances, he was contributing as little as those he criticised.

Of course he had years of top quality performances behind him, but what he did would damage morale in the dressing room. Say again that his reasons for doing it were not as selfless as some make out, for me it was a tantrum over not being offered a new contract, which was the right decision from the club.

This last year Utd have been excellent, in terms of points gathered must be one of of our best 12 months ever. All done with a lot of the players he criticised.
One of the most balanced posts I've read on Keane in a long time.

Unread 28-12-2006, 05:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Who do you think he criticised?

Just name names.

Unread 28-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

Just name names.
Fletcher was one. Didn't he slag off Liam Miller too? I think Richardson has been criticised by him previously for having the audacity to buy a Bentley. It has £#%&! all to do with Keane what cars other players drive, if they're earning the money they can buy what they want.

Unread 28-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Just name names.
Ferdinand, O'Shea, Fletcher, Smith and then people like Richardson and Miller.

He recommended Miller to Ferguson after seeing him in Ireland training sessions, that is what i am told. As for the main players Ferdinand is our best defender, shown by what happens when he is out of the team, O'Shea is shite but played better in midfield than Keane did last year, Fletcher who he hyped up has actually improved steadily in the last year.

Those are the names that are rumoured to have taken the brunt of it.

He also had a general criticism of the "Experienced Players" for not leading.

Unread 28-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Father Christmas

Also you could see Keane visibly %@#$&!ing players on the pitch - sometimes when a goal was being celebrated. Great for morale and team spirit that- simply marvellous

Unread 28-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Spiffy

Everyone agrees Neville is a shite Captain, look how many points we've picked up since Keane's influence has gone. Jan - Jan, we'd be champions.

Unread 28-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Quite right of course. And when he did get round to going he shamelessly carried on taking the "prawn sandwich brigade"s money for months afterwards.
Another way to put it, in perhaps more real and less hysterical terms, would be to say he continued to collect the money that was owed him according to the terms of his contract.

Unread 28-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Ether

Quote:
Who's to say Keane's comments weren't partly responsible for the team's improved performance over the last 12 months?

Unread 28-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Who's to say Keane's comments weren't partly responsible for the team's improved performance over the last 12 months?
The ol' switcharoo.

Unread 28-12-2006, 07:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Another way to put it, in perhaps more real and less hysterical terms, would be to say he continued to collect the money that was owed him according to the terms of his contract.
Exactly.

Was he supposed to say "No, just pay me £300 a week because I'm not taking THEIR money?"

Slating Ferdinand, at the time, was spot on.How many of us wanted him out when he was haggling over his contract?

Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson and Miller (Recommended by Keane?Dunno) are £#%&!ing shit and are not United players.He was £#%&!ing spot on.And whoever said O'Shea had played better in Keanes position or whatever, wrong.

O'Shea has never played better than Keane.Even in his 'breakthrough' season.

Unread 28-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Exactly.

Was he supposed to say "No, just pay me £300 a week because I'm not taking THEIR money?"
If he despised them so much surely it would feel wrong to take their money - especially if as so many seem to think Roy Keane is a man of great integrity? But no he was happy to take his £100,000 per week for doing £#%&! all for the club he professed to love - and all this, don't forget, after he had deliberately made his position at the club untenable. Funny that...
Closed Thread