United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-05-2014, 11:52 PM
My Name is Keith

Default Thank God We Got Moyes

Obviously, it's been a torrid season for united fans but to me, it really feels now like everything has come good and I'm not sure that would have been possible without Sir David of Moyes having been appointed.

Imv, the club needed an enema of fairly seismic proportions well before moyes even got the job. Not only had supporters long since forgotten how to actually support the team rather than just watch it but you sense that the club itself had forgotten some of the principles that had made it successful in the first place. Fergie had got to the stage whereby he thought he could literally polish diamonds from freshly laid turds whilst deliberately ignoring some of the huge gaps in our squad seemingly because people had the temerity to point them out.

And if we had got a moderately successful manager that protected that legacy and kept SAF and Sir bob reasonably happy then I think the damage would have been less severe but more drawn out and painful.

Fortunately what we got was one of the worst managers ever to be appointed in the history of the game - a dose of salts so utterly shit that everything got turned upside down.

The salivating support moyes received within the media highlighted to united fans and hopefully the club's hierarchy just how bad the appointment was - which other manager of a top flight club would receive the support he did if it didn't involve making united look like amateurs?

The fact that the media lamented the failings of the squad was equally a good outcome - something that the club can't now ignore, and last summer saw a transfer window dithering so bad that surely it can't ever be allowed to happen again. And to top it off, moyes was so uninspiring, so monumentally dour that surely no one so lacking in entertainment value can ever be appointed the manger of a club that prides itself on entertaining ever again.

So what we have now, hopefully, is a CEO seemingly alive to the mess of a squad left by the dearly departed whilst at the same time questioning of the legacy principles he so espoused. For that reason, I'm not sure why we need to protect a role for the class of 92 - why exactly? Is it to show the new broom where the canteen is? - I mean, the appointed one will surely to £#%&! at least do a google search on the club before taking the role and perhaps it's best that he finds his own way around anyway.

So thank you David, you've been like a large bowl of over ripe prunes - very very difficult to stomach but very satisfying in clearing the system out.

Unread 07-05-2014, 11:55 PM
barrington avenue

if you wanna see the rainbow you gotta have the rain!!

nrat btw

Unread 07-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Harri Jaffa

I'm not sure that the assumption about
Quote:
a moderately successful manager that protected that legacy
means you can base that theory on it

That said, the last week or so has been a blessing. It's like being cured from dementia and I hope United can see sense and sort it out in the summer

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:01 AM
MagnificentSeven

and rather ironically, this will be the first season since 2007/08 that has ended on a positive note for united.

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:06 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I'm not sure that the assumption about means you can base that theory on it
Really? Put it this way, if united had finished in the top 4, I'm pretty sure that you would have been watching moyes do his lap of honour around old t like Vince Mcmahon last night and from there, mediocrity would have become fairly well embedded.

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Crumps

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Really? Put it this way, if united had finished in the top 4, I'm pretty sure that you would have been watching moyes do his lap of honour around old t like Vince Mcmahon last night and from there, mediocrity would have become fairly well embedded.
im with you Keith.

"BARNSLEY"

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:45 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
im with you Keith.

"BARNSLEY"
Youngest (5 year old) said it unprompted the other day and combined it with a loud burp. My own flesh and blood.

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:55 AM
Doctor Hver

You aren't suggesting we give Moyes job back?

Unread 08-05-2014, 02:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Youngest (5 year old) said it unprompted the other day and combined it with a loud burp. My own flesh and blood.

Unread 08-05-2014, 05:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Obviously, it's been a torrid season for united fans but to me, it really feels now like everything has come good and I'm not sure that would have been possible without Sir David of Moyes having been appointed.

Imv, the club needed an enema of fairly seismic proportions well before moyes even got the job. Not only had supporters long since forgotten how to actually support the team rather than just watch it but you sense that the club itself had forgotten some of the principles that had made it successful in the first place. Fergie had got to the stage whereby he thought he could literally polish diamonds from freshly laid turds whilst deliberately ignoring some of the huge gaps in our squad seemingly because people had the temerity to point them out.

And if we had got a moderately successful manager that protected that legacy and kept SAF and Sir bob reasonably happy then I think the damage would have been less severe but more drawn out and painful.

Fortunately what we got was one of the worst managers ever to be appointed in the history of the game - a dose of salts so utterly shit that everything got turned upside down.

The salivating support moyes received within the media highlighted to united fans and hopefully the club's hierarchy just how bad the appointment was - which other manager of a top flight club would receive the support he did if it didn't involve making united look like amateurs?

The fact that the media lamented the failings of the squad was equally a good outcome - something that the club can't now ignore, and last summer saw a transfer window dithering so bad that surely it can't ever be allowed to happen again. And to top it off, moyes was so uninspiring, so monumentally dour that surely no one so lacking in entertainment value can ever be appointed the manger of a club that prides itself on entertaining ever again.

So what we have now, hopefully, is a CEO seemingly alive to the mess of a squad left by the dearly departed whilst at the same time questioning of the legacy principles he so espoused. For that reason, I'm not sure why we need to protect a role for the class of 92 - why exactly? Is it to show the new broom where the canteen is? - I mean, the appointed one will surely to £#%&! at least do a google search on the club before taking the role and perhaps it's best that he finds his own way around anyway.

So thank you David, you've been like a large bowl of over ripe prunes - very very difficult to stomach but very satisfying in clearing the system out.
If we'd've gone straight for LVG or even Mourinho I think we'd've got our dose of prunes but DM has sure highlighted the need. Just hope to £#%&! it is van Gaal or somebody with his bollox, so to speak.

Unread 08-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
But we could have got a good manager and won the league.

Maybe i'm not thinking this through clearly, but i'm struggling to see any benefits of hiring Moyes.

We are all very hopeful that Van Gaal will be able to rescue the club from setting itself back 10 years through next season (he might not), but given that assumption wouldn't it be right to think that hiring a top quality coach on the first place mean we wouldn't be in the position now AND they would have been able to identify flaws in the squad.

Unread 08-05-2014, 09:32 AM
puressence

said a year ago a season like this is just what was needed

Unread 11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Serenity Now

"When lying upon the political sickbed, a people generally rejuvenates itself and rediscovers the spirit that it gradually lost in the pursuit and assertion of power."

Unread 11-05-2014, 11:00 PM
MagnificentSeven

i've said before that even pre-moyes we've were in need of rejuvenation for a few years. the united of 2009 to 2014 has not been vintage united and the football we mostly played when we won the league in 2011 and 2013 was not exactly spellbinding.

Unread 11-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
"When lying upon the political sickbed, a people generally rejuvenates itself and rediscovers the spirit that it gradually lost in the pursuit and assertion of power."

Looks like Voldermoort in that pic.

Unread 11-05-2014, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i've said before that even pre-moyes we've were in need of rejuvenation for a few years. the united of 2009 to 2014 has not been vintage united and the football we mostly played when we won the league in 2011 and 2013 was not exactly spellbinding.
In that period much of our best football was in 2009/10.

But the "failure" of missing out on the title by a point (after the most ridiculous injury crisis before Christmas) led to Fergie becoming far more cautious and conservative in his final few seasons - with that bizarre exception at the start of the 2011/12 campaign. Thanks forever for numbers 19 and 20 of course, but renewal has been urgently needed for a while

Unread 11-05-2014, 11:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now

Hope gaallers has big shoulders - not so much to take on the testing burden of the club but more so, the crippling weight that is sers reputation.

Unread 12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
charliesharkey

Crackin post and Van Gaal is the perfect man to rebuild, he's done it at Bayern and Barcalona already.

Unread 12-05-2014, 10:48 AM
rafabio

Hail the man

Closed Thread