United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2007, 12:55 PM
The Return of JC

Default A story from The Guardian about Fergie's anger at Anderson's start

If anyone is interested in a story with virtually no substance.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...179009,00.html

Unread 28-09-2007, 12:59 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
If anyone is interested in a story with virtually no substance.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...179009,00.html
No substance eh? Hmmm

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Wouldn't be suprised if it was true to be honest. Anderson isn't untouchable and has been very disappointing so far I think. Of course a player needs time, of course he had a slight injury but his general play when he was featured has been shit.
Liks Josh said, one thing you would expect is decent technique, it doesn't take time to remember how to control a ball just because the weather's different and the opposition are if anything, worse than you're used to.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No substance eh? Hmmm
You may agree with it but the story itself has nothing to it in terms of quotes or facts. As I understand it, United accepted that he was really one for next season so what's changed?

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
No substance eh? Hmmm
No quotes. No one saying a word about Anderson.

Completely pointless story. A waste of everyone's time.

Thought you might like to read it

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You may agree with it but the story itself has nothing to it in terms of quotes or facts. As I understand it, United accepted that he was really one for next season so what's changed?
He may well be thought of as one for the future. That doesn't mean they thought he was going to eat his way through the Hollands factory, appear to be unable to run and care about it even less.

But yes, there are no facts. All fairly obvious though.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:08 PM
razzle

Quote:
John O'Shea, clearly had the Brazilian in mind when he said: "The lads know they should have done better. For some reason, the technique and ability we know these young players have just wasn't there, which was a big disappointment."
Says £#%&!ing who?

Anderson starts off in the reserves in the FM07 udpate patch

motwyw

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:10 PM
carlosartorial

Taylor sits in the press conferences every day, might not be any direct quotes but I suspect the gist of the story is entirely accurate.

I know full well he is one for the future but there's no denying he's been terrible so far. Question is, will he progress like Evra does or Kleberson didn't?

Nobody knows do they? Not even football experts like me.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:15 PM
turkred

here comes klanderson YHIHF

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Taylor sits in the press conferences every day, might not be any direct quotes but I suspect the gist of the story is entirely accurate.

I know full well he is one for the future but there's no denying he's been terrible so far. Question is, will he progress like Evra does or Kleberson didn't?

Yes but even a football expert like you can remember that Evra's biggets problem was his small frame. His defending wasn't great but wasn't particularly terrible either. And he could trap a ball and pass it to someone.

Secretly I think Anderson won't make it. Without letting on I think he's going to be a bit of a flop but don't tell anyone that.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

He's very young and very inexperienced, only had 1 season with Porto and broke his leg in that. I'm certain that with this in mind Fergie knew he was a long term project and as such am gonna hold judgement for 18 months.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:17 PM
razzle

apart from a half against sunderland and effectively a reserves game, how much have we got to judge him on really?

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
apart from a half against sunderland and effectively a reserves game, how much have we got to judge him on really?
Nowt but that doesn't stop Fred Tishes forte, kneejerkism. He should be fitter for definite and should look more enthusiastic, that's true. In terms of him as a player, time will tell.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
He's very young and very inexperienced, only had 1 season with Porto and broke his leg in that. I'm certain that with this in mind Fergie knew he was a long term project and as such am gonna hold judgement for 18 months.
I see your point and I understand we're not allowed to judge him on his appearances thus far.
BUT! if he has only played about a dozen or so games for Porto, why are people holding him in such a high regard?

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I see your point and I understand we're not allowed to judge him on his appearances thus far.
BUT! if he has only played about a dozen or so games for Porto, why are people holding him in such a high regard?
I undestand that's your problem with him, a perception you have that some here are totally over-rate him. I'm excited by his pace and ability, which I saw for Porto, but accept that it'll be a while before we see the best of him. Fair enuff?

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:26 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I'm certain that with this in mind Fergie knew he was a long term project and as such am gonna hold judgement for 18 months.
If he continues his non-progress then he won't be here in 18 months.

It isn't knee-jerkisn, it's honestly appraising players' progress. He looks about as useful as Liam £#%&!ing Millar so far - that's a simple fact.

It wasn't/isn't knee-jerkism to say Evra and Vidic had a terrible first 6 months at the club but are now two of our best players.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I undestand that's your problem with him, a perception you have that some here are totally over-rate him. I'm excited by his pace and ability, which I saw for Porto, but accept that it'll be a while before we see the best of him. Fair enuff?
O.K deal. I think he's not going to make it, you think he will. If he does make it we all win and I will be wrong which is normal, if he doesn't nobody wins, except me because you'll owe me a fiver. A Euro fiver just to make it fair.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If he continues his non-progress then he won't be here in 18 months.

It isn't knee-jerkisn, it's honestly appraising players' progress. He looks about as useful as Liam £#%&!ing Millar so far - that's a simple fact.

It wasn't/isn't knee-jerkism to say Evra and Vidic had a terrible first 6 months at the club but are now two of our best players.
It's kneejerkism to write him off now, not that I'm suggesting you are doing that. I agree that if he doesn't improve he'll not make it but it is incredibly early days and we've only 135 minutes to judge him on. As I say, I'm gonna wait and see before making any judgements.

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Are we really supposed to believe that, with all his experience in the game, Fergie is concerned that a 19-year-old Brazilian hasn't done much in his first couple of hours in a United shirt?

Unread 28-09-2007, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
O.K deal. I think he's not going to make it, you think he will. If he does make it we all win and I will be wrong which is normal, if he doesn't nobody wins, except me because you'll owe me a fiver. A Euro fiver just to make it fair.
OK.
Closed Thread