United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Now this we agree on. But didn't realise anyone was saying that was going to be the case. He will be an impact substitute and will also play from the start at times. That's the way I read it, anyway. Hope it works, I really do.
thats what i have been arf about through out the thread !

Unread 09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
borsuk

sounds like a great idea if... well, we know the if, don't we? but think a bit: is saha really the player to bring on 10 mins (or whatever) from the end of a high-pressure match, say a cl final? is he the man to take the pressure and turn a game?

i've got my doubts, to say the least. he's got all the talent, but does he have the character?

Unread 09-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
sounds like a great idea if... well, we know the if, don't we? but think a bit: is saha really the player to bring on 10 mins (or whatever) from the end of a high-pressure match, say a cl final? is he the man to take the pressure and turn a game?

i've got my doubts, to say the least. he's got all the talent, but does he have the character?
do you know borsuk, I believe he does - but if he doesn't actually do it a few times on the bounce it could soon be a different story.

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Done some digging:

Last season, 1/1/07 onwards, he started 4 times getting injured at Newcastle and then again at Reading where he got kicked to ribbons

He came on as a sub 8 times inc. the late capitulation at Goons and the flop in Milan

He played his part in Rome, and also in the crucial win at Fulham. He got done (injured?) at Anfield for a clear penalty, but helped us to a crucial win. Can't remember when he got on in Lille, but the other two (Spurs away and Villa at home) were comfy wins.

He only actually scored once, as a starter at Reading.

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Done some digging:

Last season, 1/1/07 onwards, he started 4 times getting injured at Newcastle and then again at Reading where he got kicked to ribbons

He came on as a sub 8 times inc. the late capitulation at Goons and the flop in Milan

He played his part in Rome, and also in the crucial win at Fulham. He got done (injured?) at Anfield for a clear penalty, but helped us to a crucial win. Can't remember when he got on in Lille, but the other two (Spurs away and Villa at home) were comfy wins.

He only actually scored once, as a starter at Reading.
At Lille he won the free kick from which Giggs scored.

Could be a throw away comment form Fergie, hopefully, because for me he is still a better option than Tevez.

Found it interesting when he came on against Kiev that he played the deeper role, Rooney stayed as the main striker while Saha dropped off and received the ball.

It is a struggler to defend him at times, but for all the people who call him mentally weak, a coward, a shithouse, I would just ask if his actual performances deserve that tag. Never for me, he puts his head in where it hurts, takes the kicks and does not shy away from the physical contact, does not play like a man who is afraid of injury.

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
At Lille he won the free kick from which Giggs scored.

Could be a throw away comment form Fergie, hopefully, because for me he is still a better option than Tevez.

Found it interesting when he came on against Kiev that he played the deeper role, Rooney stayed as the main striker while Saha dropped off and received the ball.

It is a struggler to defend him at times, but for all the people who call him mentally weak, a coward, a shithouse, I would just ask if his actual performances deserve that tag. Never for me, he puts his head in where it hurts, takes the kicks and does not shy away from the physical contact, does not play like a man who is afraid of injury.
Very true. He feels the pain after though and I know exactly what that's like - without anything like the strain his body is under.

Anyway, Ronaldo up front and Nani on the right on Sunday anyone?

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:44 PM
1MUFC

what has uncle 1mufc been saying

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
what has uncle 1mufc been saying
That Rooney's injury is Saha's fault?

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Tevez or Ronaldo to see red on Sunday? Wouldn't bet against it now.

Unread 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
hopkins

Saha to be the new Rooney?

Or Nani on the left, and Giggs to do the timewarp?

Unread 09-11-2007, 06:30 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
and who would buy him? nft.
Lyon. FACT.
Closed Thread