United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2015, 08:56 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
facts, facts

He used iniesta, xavi and busquets, best midfield 3 in decades in probably the best ever club team to show that blind's lack of pace doesn't matter.

Absolutely. But I would be delighted with just about any other central midfielder because of the atrocious options united had.

I don't think he will be starting for us next year, if we buy another good central midfielder next year (like pogba)
None of whom were rapid - which is the point you simpleton.

Unread 18-03-2015, 09:09 AM
S/Side.Red

The point about immobility isn't so much about pace. It's about agility and fluidity of movement. Blind isn't just slow and kinda flat-footed as Throb said, he doesn't turn well. Spoke to an Ajax fan last summer who said he has the brain of a 40yo but also the body of one. Personally, I still think it's a little early to know exactly how good he will be, but he'll always be a bit vulnerable in that regard.

He should be a good player for us though, hopefully for a long time.

Unread 18-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The point about immobility isn't so much about pace. It's about agility and fluidity of movement. Blind isn't just slow and kinda flat-footed as Throb said, he doesn't turn well. Spoke to an Ajax fan last summer who said he has the brain of a 40yo but also the body of one. Personally, I still think it's a little early to know exactly how good he will be, but he'll always be a bit vulnerable in that regard.

He should be a good player for us though, hopefully for a long time.

really?

I don't see it. I think he can sometimes be a little too casual on the ball and is often surprised by the tempo of games, but I really don't think he's 'slow' in any other sense than actual pace.

perhaps I'm not looking closely enough.

I'm a glutton for players who are comfortable on the ball and he certainly is. I instantly liked him on his debit because he doesn't completely shit himself on the ball. composed and intelligent.

Unread 18-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Swagger

Quote:
facts, facts

He used iniesta, xavi and busquets, best midfield 3 in decades in probably the best ever club team to show that blind's lack of pace doesn't matter.

Absolutely. But I would be delighted with just about any other central midfielder because of the atrocious options united had.

I don't think he will be starting for us next year, if we buy another good central midfielder next year (like pogba)
Pace and tackling are qualities that only exist to british idiots.

Unread 18-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Crumps

Has shit acceleration over the first few but he's adapted his game to cope with that. If playing as the one and only holding player it will get shown up if we lose possession. He coped fine at left back getting back and going forwards.

Unread 18-03-2015, 08:25 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Has shit acceleration over the first few but he's adapted his game to cope with that. If playing as the one and only holding player it will get shown up if we lose possession. He coped fine at left back getting back and going forwards.
I doubt sterling or some other right wingers will be as bad as townsend though! It seems such a short while ago he was being touted as the next bale and few wanted him here!!

Unread 18-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I doubt sterling or some other right wingers will be as bad as townsend though! It seems such a short while ago he was being touted as the next bale and few wanted him here!!
I genuinely have no concerns regarding Daley is the main thing. Bit slow off the mark like but he knows how to play football and is comfortable and can play 3 positions in varied systems that I have seen and to a good standard.

Can see Liverpool looking lively as £#%&! early on but they are going to have to commit players forwards and I honestly think we will just pick em off. 1-4

Unread 19-03-2015, 01:40 AM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

perfectly put..

Unread 19-03-2015, 04:15 AM
utd99

"Coped well?" I think he did a bit better than that.

His positioning was almost perfect, think he got caught out once in the whole match. Worked his socks off and had Townshend in his pocket. People make out out Tottenham were shit just because they are shit, but we had a little something to do with that. Spurs got £#%&! all down our left until Blind moved into midfield, that's when Kane got his chance late on. Conversely, he assisted Young the whole game by making those supporting runs, and between them they ran Walker ragged. If Carrick hadn't played so well I would have made Blind man of the match.

Unread 19-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Camel

i cant believe we're still arguing over our best signing last summer.

Unread 19-03-2015, 08:05 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i cant believe we're still arguing over our best signing last summer.
We're not tbf. Quite a few sages didn't really rate him (obv not South american) before he came so we are simply going through a process of various fredsters gradually re-adjusting their views of him with every good game he plays and setting out this re-adjustment out in a really gradual way so as to not appear wrong footed themselves.

Eg 'he's still limited in the way I described (I'm still right of course) but he's adapted well tbf (small admission) and he'll be a good signing as I said all along' (lie).

Sure, it feels awfully drawn out but it's just seems to be the preferred route rather than just accept that anyone got anything wrong.

[whispers] just go with, it's easier[whispers]

Unread 19-03-2015, 08:17 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We're not tbf. Quite a few sages didn't really rate him (obv not South american) before he came so we are simply going through a process of various fredsters gradually re-adjusting their views of him with every good game he plays and setting out this re-adjustment out in a really gradual way so as to not appear wrong footed themselves.

Eg 'he's still limited in the way I described (I'm still right of course) but he's adapted well tbf (small admission) and he'll be a good signing as I said all along' (lie).

Sure, it feels awfully drawn out but it's just seems to be the preferred route rather than just accept that anyone got anything wrong.

Unread 19-03-2015, 08:29 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Unread 22-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Vedder

He oozes class. Football is too easy for him

Unread 22-03-2015, 05:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He oozes class. Football is too easy for him
Except when he's losing the ball and defending like a #@&%!, like for Liverpool's goal for instance

Unread 22-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Except when he's losing the ball and defending like a #@&%!, like for Liverpool's goal for instance
You're so negative dunk

Unread 22-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Sloppy

Unread 22-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You need to understand footballers better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Great one second half where he got down the line ASWELL....won us the pen, solid, eager, busy and positive...

Unread 22-03-2015, 05:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
You're so negative dunk
Just saying He played really well, but he did £#%&! up for the goal and get caught in possession a couple of times, so it can't be that easy for him

Unread 22-03-2015, 05:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
That was Carrick's £#%&! up
Closed Thread