United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2007, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Owen Hargreaves.

Yesterday showed exactly why we signed him, thought he was outstanding, particularly in the 2nd half when we were under pressure.

Unread 17-12-2007, 09:47 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yesterday showed exactly why we signed him, thought he was outstanding, particularly in the 2nd half when we were under pressure.
Second half he was excellent, did his job as required, though I still think his passing could have been slightly better. Took over once Anderson tired somewhat.

Unread 17-12-2007, 09:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Second half he was excellent, did his job as required, though I still think his passing could have been slightly better. Took over once Anderson tired somewhat.
In the first half i thought him and Anderson played really well as a pair, complimented eachother really well. 2nd half, as you say, Anderson seemed to tire somewhat and then Hargreaves really stepped up played even better.

Unread 17-12-2007, 09:55 AM
shenwen

what I liked about hargreaves yesterday was his knack of being in the roght place to pick up the second ball, often when anderson was piled into a tackle. hargreaves is very good at picking up the pieces and is great at breaking up play. he was perfect for yesterday and a vast improvement on the arsenal game.

However, still not sure about his contol and distribution. when carrick came on we saw a player able to calmly bring the ball down, look up and pass to another united shirt.

but as I say, for yesterday;s game, hargreaves perfect. MOM along with rio for me.

Unread 17-12-2007, 09:59 AM
red @rmy

Don't want to piss on your chips, but there is another thread about Hargreaves already.

Or is this the official one?

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:00 AM
keano's love

Tony Barett from Liverpool Echo :

"hicks and gillett have to understand the disparity between the 2 clubs ( united and liverpool ) when manager of one team went out and spent £35m on a pair of average midfielders (carrick and hargreaves ) and another manager is not getting half of that to spend on a world class midfielder ( mascherano )"

Jees, scousers hail this guy as a superb writer...

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:01 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Tony Barett from Liverpool Echo :

"hicks and gillett have to understand the disparity between the 2 clubs ( united and liverpool ) when manager of one team went out and spent £35m on a pair of average midfielders (carrick and hargreaves ) and another manager is not getting half of that to spend on a world class midfielder ( mascherano )"

Jees, scousers hail this guy as a superb writer...
thank god for average midfielders then.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Only caught the 2nd half

in the end but what a brilliant performance from OH.

Some of his tackles catch the eye but it is his positioning which gets me, in an era of showboaters and glory hunters he takes the unheralded positions so often and is a true team player.

Great performance from the FUC I reckon.

FUC - Future United Captain.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Yep. Was very impressed. That tackle on Torres (I think) second half was superb. Think he may have been guilty of losing the ball in the first place but he didn't sulk, simply picked himself up off the floor, ran after the player and won it back.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Don't want to piss on your chips, but there is another thread about Hargreaves already.

Or is this the official one?
Can't see it and i aint checking the past 3 pages just to make sure. This is the official bedders thought Hargo played well thread.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:04 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Can't see it and i aint checking the past 3 pages just to make sure. This is the official bedders thought Hargo played well thread.
Ok then, yes he did.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yep. Was very impressed. That tackle on Torres (I think) second half was superb. Think he may have been guilty of losing the ball in the first place but he didn't sulk, simply picked himself up off the floor, ran after the player and won it back.
Loved his scuffle with that ginger @#%&!, superbly dismisive of him.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:24 AM
S/Side.Red

I thought he struggled for the first 20-25 minutes, but after that he really grew into the game and ended up, along with Rio and Pat, one of the standout players in a really good team performance. His use of the ball still needs to improve, but his closing down and positional play was exceptional.

Definitely his best performance for us so far.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:26 AM
magic_cantona

Hargreaves and Anderson were superb.

Looked totally dominant.And made Mascherano look dreadful.

I'm still shocked that some on here dislike OH.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:49 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Definitely his best performance for us so far.
Agree. A big improvement since his performance against Arsenal. Anderson also looked more comfortable playing alongside him too. Didn't dwell on the ball when in possession and didn't get dragged out of position either. Very disciplined performance.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:50 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Didn't impose himself in the first half and was pretty anonymous, improved considerably in the second half. Wasn't as good as anderson but still had a pretty good game all round. 8/10

Unread 17-12-2007, 01:37 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
thank god for average midfielders then.
You can sense the height of delusion when some fans were claiming after the match that mascherano has 4-5 united players in his back pocket. They must be £#%&!ing shit to lose a 6 men team

Unread 17-12-2007, 01:40 PM
El Calafate

he was avreage in the first half. just shows you how people see the game. nft.

Unread 17-12-2007, 01:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Didn't impose himself in the first half and was pretty anonymous, improved considerably in the second half.
I thought the improvement came during the first half and he ended up one of the more dominant players in the final twenty minutes or so before half time. Took him a little while to adapt to the pace of the game, which is fair enough as it's his first match at Anfield, but by the end he was certainly the best midfielder on the pitch for me. Including Anderson.

Unread 17-12-2007, 01:55 PM
keano's love

to elcalafate or what ever that shit name is...
or may be it shows that you don't watch a game. what with those rolling eyes always stuck up towards sky
Closed Thread