United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Whip Hubley

Default almost kind of painful... europe really is ours to lose, no?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3649117.ece

Unread 31-03-2008, 10:46 PM
waynes ear's

the scousers will be boycotting the times now

Unread 31-03-2008, 10:53 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

I hate being optimistic. Hate it. It inevitably (especially regarding United) leads to disappointment. 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003...all were years when I felt we had side capable of winning another European Cup. But watching this team and looking at who's left in the tournament, we really should win it. It's impossible not to be excited, when you watch the kind of football we've produced at times this season.

If we (as usual) £#%&! it up this season, it really will be hard to take

£#%&!ing hell, I even expect us to win in Rome tomorrow ffs

Unread 31-03-2008, 10:57 PM
MJ Ramone

It's not often I agree with Martin Samuel, but he's bang on the money with that one.
It's the reason I'm getting so nervous before every game this season.
It's that expectancy...I don't want this opportunity to be missed.

I'm a pessimist by nature, but that doesn't mean I don't think we're good enough to win both trophies. Of course we are.
But, I always worry about our suicidal ability to 'make it hard for ourselves'

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:00 PM
The Watcher

I've actually started to day dream about Giggsy lifting that famous silver cup high above his head in Moscow on the 21st...

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Red Caz

I think you'll piss the league. Thought that since you beat us at Anfield.

I don't think you'll win the CL however. I don't know why, I just have this feeling. Any @#%&! who BTTT this in May should you win it, whoop whoop for you. But I think Roma and Barca will prove far tougher tests over two legs than you anticipate.

Er. That's about it. As you were.

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:02 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
the scousers will be boycotting the times now
and another minutes silence

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Father Christmas

Do we really have to have this ending sentences with "no?" business here?

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:07 PM
TreeFiddy

I don't believe we'll win it unfortunately.

I'm not even so confident we'll get past Roma.

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz
I think you'll piss the league. Thought that since you beat us at Anfield.

I don't think you'll win the CL however. I don't know why, I just have this feeling. Any @#%&! who BTTT this in May should you win it, whoop whoop for you. But I think Roma and Barca will prove far tougher tests over two legs than you anticipate.

Er. That's about it. As you were.
Er, how tough do you think we anticipate Barcelona over two legs would be then, exactly?

I hope we do meet Barca personally, and that both teams put on a display of 180 minutes football the like of which only they seem capable of. A repeat of the two 3-3 draws is what I'm talking about - football to drool over.

Whoever reches the final from United's half will meet Arsenal in the final. After what they did to Liverppol FC in both cups last time they came together Anfield will be a cake walk to them and Liverpool will be shitting themselves, especially as they will already be chasing the tie by then.

I have a sneek for Chelsea to be hit with a bit of Brazillian magic as well, meaning Arsenal vs Fenerbahce in the semis. I was more confident about that second prediction yesterday when I put the cash on though tbh!

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:23 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
biggles. i havn't read the link but in answer to your question the treble was ours to lose. even if we do win the league and european cup double a part of me will be a bit gutted that we let the fa cup slip.

2 trebles
3 european cups
3 domestic doubles
17 titles

ouch!

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

how many doubles?

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:29 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how many doubles?
4 obviously

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

we'd've struggled against WBA on that sapping Wembley pitch

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I hate being optimistic. Hate it. It inevitably (especially regarding United) leads to disappointment. 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003...all were years when I felt we had side capable of winning another European Cup. But watching this team and looking at who's left in the tournament, we really should win it. It's impossible not to be excited, when you watch the kind of football we've produced at times this season.

If we (as usual) £#%&! it up this season, it really will be hard to take

£#%&!ing hell, I even expect us to win in Rome tomorrow ffs
If we £#%&! it up again, it will show what an appalling manger in Europe Fergie is.

If we don't win it now, he should go in the summer, he has had too many chances as it is to fulfil his dream.

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:34 PM
borsuk

it's different this year. in the past i've usually looked at a couple of other teams and, in my heart, admitted that they've got better squads and better teams. so it's been more hope than belief. this year i look at our squad and i honestly can't see anyone to rival it. this year, for the first time in a good few years, i think we can, should and will win it. no guarantees, but i think we've got the best defence, the best midfield and the best attack in the competition. simple as that.

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's different this year. in the past i've usually looked at a couple of other teams and, in my heart, admitted that they've got better squads and better teams. so it's been more hope than belief. this year i look at our squad and i honestly can't see anyone to rival it. this year, for the first time in a good few years, i think we can, should and will win it. no guarantees, but i think we've got the best defence, the best midfield and the best attack in the competition. simple as that.
If we lose it, it is 100% Ferguson's fault.

No excuses this year, no injuries, no foreigner rule, and money to buy the players he needed.

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:42 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
If we lose it, it is 100% Ferguson's fault.

No excuses this year, no injuries, no foreigner rule, and money to buy the players he needed.
yeah forget thev other teams

what is it with you fc'ers and fergie???

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
yeah forget thev other teams

what is it with you fc'ers and fergie???
Wonky, we've all seen it before.

We've had teams easily capable of lifting the CL, yet Fergie has somehow contrived to see us beaten.

The list is long, far too long for it to be "just bad luck".

Unread 31-03-2008, 11:55 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Wonky, we've all seen it before.

We've had teams easily capable of lifting the CL, yet Fergie has somehow contrived to see us beaten.

The list is long, far too long for it to be "just bad luck".
the only other english (british ) team to win the european cup didn't achieve anything in the league. its the same throughout europe, the teams that have won it generally havn't done much in the league in the same seasons. while i agree we coud've and maybe shoud've won it more during this 'purple patch' i also commend fergie for trying on all 3 fronts every season.

if we had sacrificed the league for the cup we would've won it. i suppose then it would have been wrong for fergie to chase his holy grail.

i dont get how anyone can openly dislike the man. we were a million miles away from the scouse, a billion miles away from the european cup and the treble? £#%&!ing hell that shit wasn't even thought of in roy of the rovers. why every red can't celebrate the things we have won instead of focusing on the things we havn't i find truely baffling.

i just think it smacks of being spoilt, not you personally but that way of thinking. if not then its just blatent anti fergieism.
Closed Thread