United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Lok

Fergie said he was going to give the kids a try this season. Where were Gibson, Wellbeck, Macheda, De Laet, Tosic tonight?

Park has a use in some of the bigger games but there's no point in playing him against Burnley.

We started with Anderson on the wing ffs! It's one of the strangest starting XI's I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen Rooney and Owen play well together, so why did they start?

Carrick was diabolical, absolutely shocking. If it wasn't for his penalty miss, you wouldn't have noticed he was playing.

Taking of Owen seemed a strange one. Would have made far more sense to take Park off.

So much frustration. It's not so bad when you lose a game because of missed chances, but we hardly had any and that is very worrying.

Unread 19-08-2009, 09:54 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I like your style.
Been saying this since last season, he's perfect. Nearest to scholes.

Zorg

Shit result, not enough players with presence, no real ideas up front at all.

Tiberian

That was awful, early in the season yes, but the lack of poise and threat is a major worry.

Midfield looks to be in a bad state, when Giggs totally outplays Carrick and Anderson, and not only outplays them but looks far fitter and more mobile at the age of 36 then we are in trouble. Anderson was atrocious, looks fat, slow and lacking any explosiveness, all in a game were he should be dominating. Carrick was only marginally better.

No threat out wide either, park for all his good qualities remains a player who you want to see as little of the ball as possible and in a key attacking position that is truly not good enough. We could afford to carry him when Ronaldo was on the other wing, he helped the balance of the team, but post Ronaldo we need both wide players to be capable of creating and scoring.

We perked up when berbatov came on, maybe he shoudl ahev started but the team on the pitch should have been good enough to beat Burnley.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Fergie said he was going to give the kids a try this season. Where were Gibson, Wellbeck, Macheda, De Laet, Tosic tonight?

Park has a use in some of the bigger games but there's no point in playing him against Burnley.

We started with Anderson on the wing ffs! It's one of the strangest starting XI's I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen Rooney and Owen play well together, so why did they start?

Carrick was diabolical, absolutely shocking. If it wasn't for his penalty miss, you wouldn't have noticed he was playing.

Taking of Owen seemed a strange one. Would have made far more sense to take Park off.

So much frustration. It's not so bad when you lose a game because of missed chances, but we hardly had any and that is very worrying.
Welbeck, Macheda and Tosic played on Monday night. De Laet was on the Bench, as was G.Nev

Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Like the rest of our squad i take itb He played in like 30 league games last year for newcastle
I just know you can't judge a player 2 games into the season, based on 1 substitute appearance and one 60 minute appearance.

Unread 19-08-2009, 09:55 PM
History

tbf andersons arse crosses the halfway 5 seconds after him.

Unread 19-08-2009, 09:56 PM
redmike

Quote:
Been saying this since last season, he's perfect. Nearest to scholes.
Top player that levy would sell to utd over his dead body.

Unread 19-08-2009, 09:57 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Get the £#%&! in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just completed the times sudoku.

@#%&!.

Unread 19-08-2009, 09:58 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
tbf andersons arse crosses the halfway 5 seconds after him.
What is happening there? Surely at some point it is legitimate to say Andy you are a fat bloke and that its not on considering you are earning x thousand a week.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TITO

Nani or Valencia need to take up Ronaldo's role of the last few years, in that he nearly always started. When you get so used to creating things from wide area's putting Park and Anderson out there is the last thing you should do.

Say what you want about Nani but he usually creates something at some point.

dunk

Merson 'that Patterson, runs around so much, when he retires he'll be a dog!'

forzagarza

Apparently a mossad agent had been seen up Pendle Hill earlier

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:03 PM
taff

didn't see any of this and haven't read any reports so i'll get my excuses in early

1) early in the season, will come good after christmas (will be using this one a lot methinks)
2) always have one result like this against one of those yokel teams
3) no vidic and rio

no doubt the papers will be full of the usual "is it time for fergie to step down" shite tomorrow

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:05 PM
MUFC One Love

I have been of the opinion that we will be OK without Ronaldo and the team, but I have said for a while we need to sign someone because something is missing, tonight proved that.

The apologists will say we played like that with Ronaldo etc, but I disagree, we go to some small clubs and they give it everything for 90 minutes and we miss chances etc and it isn't our day but tonight was different, we didn't look like scoring and Burnley were shite, it isn't like they put in a one off top performance and beat us and we were unlucky, they were shit and we still couldn't beat them. We were a £#%&!ing disgrace tonight, we were shite because we lacked the ability. It is very worrying and it is clear we need to sign a midfielder, Carrick was a £#%&!ing disgrace tonight, he really was, complete shithouse. Anderson is far to inconsistent, and why did Fergie play Park away, at £#%&!ing Burnley? Did he want to stop them playing or something? £#%&! me we're away at Burnley, we're not away at Arsenal/Chelsea.

This season is going to be a long hard season, I've been thinking we'll be OK, but maybe I have been convincing myself, 'cos tonight proved it is going to be a long hard season, we'll win £#%&! all. We can't win everything every season, but what pisses me off is the lies, the lies from the club and Fergie about not buying a top class player because there is 'no value for money' in this summers transfer market, %@#$&!s, the club knew they could pocket most of the Ronaldo money and get away with it 'cos we've had a lot of success the last 3 years, it won't be until next season if we don't do well this season that the fans start showing discontent about the lack of buying top class players as a replacement for Ronaldo, and the club know this, as I say, it's because the club know they can get away with it this season and that's why they have pocketed the money, lying £#%&!ing bastards.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

For me, we've not played good football consistently for a couple of seasons now, not because we don't have the players but they don't play consistently every week.

Anderson, Carrick, Park nowhere near the squad Sunday, yet there playing tonight.

Settled team is needed (especially midfield), how is Valencia going to settle in to our style of play when he's not playing week in week out.

Nani, took off Sunday (did not play that bad) and once again £#%&!ed over. Park is a good player at what he does, but £#%&!ing hell surely Nani should be picked over him?

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:11 PM
withapacketofsweets

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I have been of the opinion that we will be OK without Ronaldo and the team, but I have said for a while we need to sign someone because something is missing, tonight proved that.

The apologists will say we played like that with Ronaldo etc, but I disagree, we go to some small clubs and they give it everything for 90 minutes and we miss chances etc and it isn't our day but tonight was different, we didn't look like scoring and Burnley were shite, it isn't like they put in a one off top performance and beat us and we were unlucky, they were shit and we still couldn't beat them. We were a £#%&!ing disgrace tonight, we were shite because we lacked the ability. It is very worrying and it is clear we need to sign a midfielder, Carrick was a £#%&!ing disgrace tonight, he really was, complete shithouse. Anderson is far to inconsistent, and why did Fergie play Park away, at £#%&!ing Burnley? Did he want to stop them playing or something? £#%&! me we're away at Burnley, we're not away at Arsenal/Chelsea.

This season is going to be a long hard season, I've been thinking we'll be OK, but maybe I have been convincing myself, 'cos tonight proved it is going to be a long hard season, we'll win £#%&! all. We can't win everything every season, but what pisses me off is the lies, the lies from the club and Fergie about not buying a top class player because there is 'no value for money' in this summers transfer market, %@#$&!s, the club knew they could pocket most of the Ronaldo money and get away with it 'cos we've had a lot of success the last 3 years, it won't be until next season if we don't do well this season that the fans start showing discontent about the lack of buying top class players as a replacement for Ronaldo, as I say, it's because the club know they can get away with it this season and that's why they have pocketed the money, lying £#%&!ing bastards.
Nail on head.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

This season is going to be a long hard season, I've been thinking we'll be OK, but maybe I have been convincing myself, 'cos tonight proved it is going to be a long hard season, we'll win £#%&! all. We can't win everything every season, but what pisses me off is the lies, the lies from the club and Fergie about not buying a top class player because there is 'no value for money' in this summers transfer market, %@#$&!s, the club knew they could pocket most of the Ronaldo money and get away with it 'cos we've had a lot of success the last 3 years, it won't be until next season if we don't do well this season that the fans start showing discontent about the lack of buying top class players as a replacement for Ronaldo, as I say, it's because the club know they can get away with it this season and that's why they have pocketed the money, lying £#%&!ing bastards.
you're upset aren't you.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you're upset aren't you.
Yes, it's a disgrace tbh. Complete £#%&!ing lies, that was a disgusting shit spineless performance tonight. Our midfield is complete shite, it really is.

Unread 19-08-2009, 10:18 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Yes, it's a disgrace tbh. Complete £#%&!ing lies, that was a disgusting shit spineless performance tonight. Our midfield is complete shite, it really is.
When Fletcher* is seen as some kind of saviour you know we're not looking good.

*He has been good but he's hardly world class.
Closed Thread