United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:34 AM
armchair

He had to gamble on the squad sometime. Our shite players were better than their shite players and gave our stars a chance to shine whilst making their 'stars' look like shite.

For me it was good management to get a performance out of them for once.

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He had to gamble on the squad sometime. Our shite players were better than their shite players and gave our stars a chance to shine whilst making their 'stars' look like shite.

For me it was good management to get a performance out of them for once.
I'd agree with that, though I do wonder why he rests so many players at once. To be fair though I suspect he saw an Everton team with absolutely no goal threat thanks to the Cahill and Johnson injuries and decided it was the best opportunity he'd get all season to rest players.

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:46 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'd agree with that, though I do wonder why he rests so many players at once. To be fair though I suspect he saw an Everton team with absolutely no goal threat thanks to the Cahill and Johnson injuries and decided it was the best opportunity he'd get all season to rest players.
Exactly bedders, and the trouble is, this win is only going to encourage him, and give him the belief that he can rest so many at once in the future.

God forbid he tries it away from home again, that's always a terrible, terrible mistake.

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Exactly bedders, and the trouble is, this win is only going to encourage him, and give him the belief that he can rest so many at once in the future.

God forbid he tries it away from home again, that's always a terrible, terrible mistake.
He'll do it, as always, at Fulham and we'll get beat.

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:58 AM
armchair

I don't like him resting anyone but it was a good call last night with two tricky games coming up. He likes playing strong sides in the pl before big euros so hopefully they come through the boro game ok.

Next squadish team will be City I'd imagine. Fixtures look suitable for rotation up to the new year.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:01 PM
puressence

if he £#%&!s about against city ill do the £#%&!er

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Next squadish team will be City I'd imagine..
If Fergie doesn't play his strongest team in the Derby I'm gonna go round his house and throw shit at him.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
If Fergie doesn't play his strongest team in the Derby I'm gonna go round his house and throw shit at him.
Yes.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:09 PM
armchair

well there's a decent break after shitty so maybe - i'd guess

Saturday, 02 December 2006
Barclays Premiership
Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 17:15
at least 9/11 best

Wednesday, 06 December 2006
UEFA Champions League
Man Utd v Benfica, 19:45
1st 11

Saturday, 09 December 2006
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Man City, 12:45
Can't see 1st 11 starting that.

<nice big gap>

Sunday, 17 December 2006
Barclays Premiership
West Ham v Man Utd, 16:00

Saturday, 23 December 2006
Barclays Premiership
Aston Villa v Man Utd, 15:00
9+/11

Tuesday, 26 December 2006
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00
9+/11

Saturday, 30 December 2006
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Reading, 15:00
9+/11

Monday, 01 January 2007
Barclays Premiership
Newcastle v Man Utd, 15:00

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

I can't see any reason why, barring injuries, we can't play our strongest 11 for the next 3 games. None at all

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:12 PM
dodger

Quote:
I don't like him resting anyone but it was a good call last night with two tricky games coming up. He likes playing strong sides in the pl before big euros so hopefully they come through the boro game ok.

Next squadish team will be City I'd imagine. Fixtures look suitable for rotation up to the new year.
I thought it was risky lat night. I always do though. If we can just hold out until Christmas and get two extra bodies in we might be ok.

Is Vidic injured?

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:15 PM
armchair

Quote:
I can't see any reason why, barring injuries, we can't play our strongest 11 for the next 3 games. None at all
Not much of a gap between Benfica and shitty - hopefully we start with the best 11 in all three but Scholes is never going to play 270 minutes of football in such a small space of time. Hopefully they're all won in the first half.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:16 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Is Vidic injured?
No idea - defence is the one place we have decent cover.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not much of a gap between Benfica and shitty - hopefully we start with the best 11 in all three but Scholes is never going to play 270 minutes of football in such a small space of time. Hopefully they're all won in the first half.
So you play your strongest team and rest players when you've got 'em won.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Yes! Yess!

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Billy Baroo

that xmas programme will be critical in deciding the title

didn't chelsea take 12 points last year with plenty of rotation?

i understand the idea of resting players ahead of that hard scedule but one or two at a time and with them on the bench if needed

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
There's risks with both theories. We're also not privy to who's carrying a knock, could play, but would recover if rested etc. A lot easier to pick the team when you're judging just on ability not fitness.

And it does play a part - hence internation/cl hangovers.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
There's risks with both theories. We're also not privy to who's carrying a knock, could play, but would recover if rested etc. A lot easier to pick the team when you're judging just on ability not fitness.

And it does play a part - hence internation/cl hangovers.
Fair enough but injuries aside changes should be limited to thevery minimum. We won't get away with a team like last night again. Remember, with Johnson and Cahill out Everton had no goal threat whatsoever, yet still had a couple of chances.

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:43 PM
puressence

Quote:
ill be with you

Unread 30-11-2006, 12:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ill be with you
Excellent, let's have a beer or 6 first, helps lubricate the abuse lobe of the brain.
Closed Thread