United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
First half we looked lost, slow and ponderous all over the pitch and every Burnley player seemed 0.5 second faster than ours. Second half we looked alive and moving with dangerous intent when we attacked with width, Lingard and Myki deserved their places against Southampton.
What was Jose thinking of, Zlatan and Lukaku?
My dad, a blue, is sticking a few quid on United to win the champions league.

Unlikely, but if we sign a couple of players who stitch it together, you just never know.

His words.

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
First half we looked lost, slow and ponderous all over the pitch and every Burnley player seemed 0.5 second faster than ours. Second half we looked alive and moving with dangerous intent when we attacked with width, Lingard and Myki deserved their places against Southampton.
What was Jose thinking of, Zlatan and Lukaku?
Lukaku is our top scorer

Ibra is one of a the very few players we have who you could class as a leader, something which we lacked against Leicester.

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:51 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
My dad, a blue, is sticking a few quid on United to win the champions league.

Unlikely, but if we sign a couple of players who stitch it together, you just never know.

His words.
My dad, a blue, died in 1995

There’s more chance of him winning the champions league

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
and just because we’ve amassed more points against the utter toss in this division than we had at this point last season does not mean we’ve made progress.

Quote:
Feel for the lad. Other than run back, cover and support the fullback, clearly isn’t receiving one iota of coaching.

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Yeah yeah, everything is rosey

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:58 PM
puressence

Zlatan is finished

Unread 26-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They say any team is a reflection of it’s manager, and we have a little fragile baby in the dugout, so it’s no real surprise that we play like weak kids.
Aye, that’s what I think when I look at his Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid teams.

Quote:
Mourinho is a busted flush, many knew this before appointing him. The unwavering loyalty and desire to run through a brick wall that he used to instill in his players has long gone and his penchant for pragmatism and efficiency rely on the effort and hard work that comes with this loyalty, without the combination he’s £#%&!ed. Give him the worst squad he’s ever had, and rely totally on his ability to pick a player to fix it and lo and behold.. you’re up shit creek.
Shit creek = two trophies last season and currently 2nd in the league and in the champions league second round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This is true.

It is also arguable, however, that a supposedly world class manager like JM should be getting more out of them than he currently is?
Progress is not linear.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Kangared

That has to be on Mourinho. Why the £#%&! he persists with Rojo when he has Tuanzebe is beyond me. 1st goal on him entirely. Soft free kick given away when any decent CB would have got to the ball 1st & absolute piss poor attempt at defending. Summed it up for me. Burnley showed desperation to stop ute scoring, Utd ponced around the field waiting for someone to do something spectacular.

Been defending Rom all season but he was a complete statue today. 2 good goals jesse but that miss

sad when a clapped out right winger turned LB plays RB & is our most dangerous player

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I think the general idea, and correct me if I’m wrong, is that they should have been replaced with other better players.
In what time frame?

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Zlatan is finished
At least Jose had the balls to drag him at HT. Never thought he would do that.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:14 PM
sa7

While Mourinho rightly gets stick for starting with two lumps up front, he also should get some credit for his subs at half time.

Brings on Lingard who bags twice to “rescue” a point.

Nevertheless, £#%&! off United you absolute turds.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:16 PM
jem

I do wonder just what mourinho has to do before some people question him. how much time and money does he get before we can assess what we are seeing from his team and blame him?

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ibra is one of a the very few players we have who you could class as a leader, something which we lacked against Leicester.
He really isn’t. He looks after number 1.

Quote:
Yeah yeah, everything is rosey
I didn’t claim it was.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Aye, that’s what I think when I look at his Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid teams.

Shit creek = two trophies last season and currently 2nd in the league and in the champions league second round.

Progress is not linear.
You’re an apologist. ‘Everything is fine lalalalala’

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
That has to be on Mourinho. Why the £#%&! he persists with Rojo when he has Tuanzebe is beyond me. 1st goal on him entirely. Soft free kick given away when any decent CB would have got to the ball 1st & absolute piss poor attempt at defending. Summed it up for me. Burnley showed desperation to stop ute scoring, Utd ponced around the field waiting for someone to do something spectacular.

Been defending Rom all season but he was a complete statue today. 2 good goals jesse but that miss

sad when a clapped out right winger turned LB plays RB & is our most dangerous player
Fergie also made some right weird choices in his time. We're second in the league due to oil billions funding the team above us. We're still in the FA cup and European Cup... Some £#%&!ing bedwetters on here...

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:25 PM
Kangared

Quote:
You’re an apologist. ‘Everything is fine lalalalala’
Its not exactly doom & gloom. Are you one of those Utd fans who expects us to rule the World & win every trophy ? If not what do you expect ? Where should we be ?
The improvement under Jose since that idiotic crazy old Dutch bastard left is clear but you cant bring yourself to accept it & come out with shit like " yeah, the quality of the league has gone down ' to try to justify your indefensible stance

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:28 PM
dunk

No, I expect to see progress, I’m not seeing any.

The quality of the league has diminished year on year for the last 10 years and is easily the worst it’s been since about 2001.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Fergie also made some right weird choices in his time. We're second in the league due to oil billions funding the team above us. We're still in the FA cup and European Cup... Some £#%&!ing bedwetters on here...
we're playing shit football. city didn't make that happen. soz.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
No, I expect to see progress, I’m not seeing any.
You should check where we finished the last 4 seasons.

Unread 26-12-2017, 10:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we're playing shit football. city didn't make that happen. soz.
Exactly. Poor little Jose and his shoe string budget and undermanned squad how can he possibly be expected to do anything than the bare minimum..